Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 04 2011, 06:23 AM

My grandkids don't work for other farmers except their facilities every once in a while. They grow crops and harvest them themselves or ask me for help. They don't even have facilities. NONE of us have the 4x4 tools and each of us has more money then you do. I started a group of farm town friends to keep track of the 8 people who sent gifts out of the over 100 neighbors I have here, it's growing daily, so have my gifts. We have added almost 90 people in just a short time, we let each other know when facilities are posted, get help for problems for people who can't navigate the forum and generally have a great time sharing our addiction to this game. Before I started the group, I thought there were very few people who played. Not so, thank goodness, or why would the Devs. even bother to add so many great things? I am quite sure there are people who don't care if you have the 4x4 tools or not, it's up to you to find them. It's part of the game. Start your own group, add all your neighbors, ask for new friends on the forum, maybe find others who don't have the 4x4 tools and you could all work for each other instead of wishing you had tools you don't need.
Old Apr 04 2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemarie View Post
actually, the other farm game doesn't require cash, either. i spend some there - because i buy trees. but i can farm just fine with the machines i built without spending any money.
What doesn't require real money there, requires constant begging neighbors and friends for parts.

I think FT is very fair. I have no interest in getting the 4x4 tools as I don't like to work on other farms enough to justify their purchase. Simply managing my own farm (and now a new cat inthe house) takes all my time to play.

How do you get to 36mill XP before you get tired of playing???

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Apr 04 2011, 07:51 AM
Account Not Linked

It is possible to purchase the 4x4 harvester & plow without using real money, you just have to be patient and save those FC that you earn when you level up. If you check the free offers on the "earn cash and coins" tab you can sometimes earn a few coins that way and speed up the process. I have the tools and facilities that I want (I don't have all of them, but I don't need all of them) and over 2 years I have only spent $20 of real momey. Sometimes I can't buy something I want immediately when it comes out, but eventually I'm always able to. I'm a farmer's daughter and a farmer's wife in real life and believe me, most real farmers can't go out and buy the biggest and best farm equipment the minute it comes on the market either. It requires a lot of saving and planning ahead and learning to be selective about the things you buy.
Old Apr 04 2011, 07:54 AM
Account Not Linked

I don't understand why the OP feels she can not work because she does not have the 4x4. Lots of farmers don't have the big equipment. But it is not up to me to judge her opinion. She is not asking for help or suggestions on how to farm more effectively with only the 3x3, or even just the 2x2.

It is just a game we play for entertainment. Just like other forms of leisure activities, if one is not having fun, don't do it.
Old Apr 04 2011, 08:11 AM
Account Not Linked

I don't have any 4x4 either, work my own farm mostly, and rarely if ever work other farms, except any neighbours that ask me directly. I use the 3x3 on my own farm, and would rather put my $ into facilities.

I get along fine with the 3x3, though I would like to be able to use more than just the 1x1 on other farms, maybe the 2x2, just to speed things along a little, not for my sake, but for the farmer I'm working for.

However to quit farmtown is a matter of individual choice, which personally I don't see the need for, but that's just my view. But to slate it to others is taking things too far, and a sign of someone taking the GAME (yes GAME) far too seriously.

This is still in development stages, we are all 'testing' the game, and it costs money to a) develop further and b) to maintain such a popular game to the level it is now. Yes there are glitches, but please, if you do leave, that's up to you, but don't spoil it for others, let them choose.
Old Apr 04 2011, 08:36 AM

All that being said, however, the idea of "feedback" is to gather information on everybody's experience, positive and negative, and add to or improve features of the game so that the majority of players have a good time and positive experience. Boycotts give the devs no feedback at all.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Apr 04 2011, 10:08 AM

Smile

How sad that you feel you are being cheated.
Wondering if your number of exp points is correct or if that happens to be Coins.

I have played as an "addict" since March 2009 and do not have 36 million exp points and I have ALL TOOLS. *and you feel cheated?*

I know some are limited to the amount of farmcash they want to purchase in order to get the land, facilities or machinery.......but that is their choice.
We all have choices (thankfully)....if yours is to quit...I hope you find something as enjoyable as I have found in Farmtown.

Way to go developers, appreciate all the hard work you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsy1 View Post
I have 7 farms, 36,154,653 points and I am fed up. I want to work
other farms but no because I can't buy a 4X4 harvester with points.
That means I have wasted how many thousands of points buying the smaller ones? Can I use them NO.

I think we are cheated because most machines have to be bought with farm cash. That IS NOT FAIR. I work/ play as hard as anyone but am held back because I can't buy the farm cash.

So I made the decision to not play anymore. Maybe if things were put on level ground for us all I will come back. I am also telling everyone to boycott Farmtown.
Old Apr 04 2011, 11:01 AM

Location: Little town in the middle of nowhere, swampland, michigan
Send a message via AIM to Valntyn Send a message via MSN to Valntyn Send a message via Yahoo to Valntyn

Entitlements......... seems like so much today is based on entitlements
Agreed Now where is mine?? JK
Old Apr 04 2011, 11:24 AM

Default just a follow up

I agree with the others. But think about it. How much do you spend on you kids buying them games at walmart or gamestop? mega bucks i am sure. So, what is the difference in spending a little here for the dev's to keep going?

You want it all handed to you for free? I don't think so, but yet, this game is basically free, so, if you want something, either purchase it or stay quiet. Not everything is going to be handed to you for free.

Now, I would like to be able to sell or trade in a factory at a reasonable price and if I paid FC for it, I would like to get FC back. Now that I think is fair!!

Just my 2 cents.
Old Apr 04 2011, 11:28 AM

Encouraging a boycott amongst people who weren't planning to buy anything anyway doesn't seem a very effective thing to do.
The advertising at the bottom of the screen has been discontinued and that down the side belongs to facebook.
Outside of people buying things it is hard to see how the developers are keeping going.