Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 15 2020, 08:11 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringa View Post
I just got a note from another game I play that it will no longer be available because of the Adobe Flash issue at the end of this year. Will the same thing happen with Farm Town? I use Chrome because Microsoft edge and others just are not compatible with my server.. so this is a big question for me.
Hi gringa,

I have moved your post to the thread where all the other questions about this are.

The game is being moved to another platform and is expected to be done in time for the end of support for flash. You can read up what the developers have said about migrating the game away from flash in the following link:
News about Flash Player
Old Sep 23 2020, 06:06 AM

Default FT Scren

My FT view jumped to a huge size. It's so large that I can't play the game. I've tried rebooting, changing the View and resetting Firefox preferences. Nothing works. Is it a FT problem that's temporary?

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 23 2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annroger View Post
My FT view jumped to a huge size. It's so large that I can't play the game. I've tried rebooting, changing the View and resetting Firefox preferences. Nothing works. Is it a FT problem that's temporary?

Thanks for your help.
Hi annroger,

I have moved your post to the thread about
We always keep related posts together so it's easier to find information for any particular subject.

Check that your browser zoom is at 100%.

Then load your game and right click your mouse on you farm and look for Zoom Out. If it's not greyed out, click on it until it does grey out.

There is also Show All in that menu that you can click on as well.
Old Sep 23 2020, 07:38 AM

Default Screen display

I've done everything you suggested and it's still so large that I can't open anything.
Browser is at 100%.....Right click on screen and zoom out was already grey. Show All doesn't do anything.
Old Sep 23 2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annroger View Post
I've done everything you suggested and it's still so large that I can't open anything.
Browser is at 100%.....Right click on screen and zoom out was already grey. Show All doesn't do anything.
Hi annroger;

Are you able to see the farm selector, the green grid top left of your game screen? If you use that to go to another farm does it correct or is it still to large to see anything?

Is it only Farm Town that is too large are any other tabs you are using in that browser having the same problem?

Is your version of Firefox up to date? Please check and do any updates if there are any, then close and reopen the browser and see if the problem corrects.

If you've already done that, are you getting the same problem if you use a different browser? If you haven't tried that yet, please do so.

I'm afraid I don't use Firefox, so not sure what else you can check on that. The mod that does use that browser all the time will be on a bit later.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 23 2020 at 09:02 AM.
Old Sep 27 2020, 03:40 AM

Default Screen too large

When I try to play Farm Town the screen is too large and not correct. I'm attaching a picture.
Old Sep 27 2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p618cg View Post
When I try to play Farm Town the screen is too large and not correct. I'm attaching a picture.

Hi p618cg

Sorry there was nobody here to answer you earlier.

Please try the following:

-. Check to be sure your browser zoom is at 100%.

.- With your farm open, right click your mouse on you farm and look for Zoom Out. If it's not greyed out, click on it until it does grey out.

.- You can also click in Show All option.

-. Close your farms and reopen.

If those suggestions dont fix your problem:

Which browser are you using?
Did you try another browser to check if you get the same problem?
Are you using a Mac?
Old Sep 27 2020, 08:12 AM

I tried everything you suggested and nothing worked. I use Firefox. I have tried on Safari and it is the same way. I am using a Mac.
Old Sep 27 2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p618cg View Post
I tried everything you suggested and nothing worked. I use Firefox. I have tried on Safari and it is the same way. I am using a Mac.
Then Im sorry. Apple did an update and it seems they disabled flash for Safari.

We have reports about Firefox having those problems in Mac so the only thing I can suggest you is to use another browser like Chrome or Opera and if you wish to contact the Help Center for Apple and Firefox.

You can read about Safari in the following link where you will also find a link with instructions on how to allow flash and 3rd party cookies in case you switch browsers:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Old Oct 03 2020, 10:52 AM

Question Is Farm Town Going Away?

I keep reading about how all Flash-based games are going away in December 2020. I can't find anything about FarmTown. What's going to happen?

I realize this is probably posted in the wrong place - I always seem to do that.

We've been playing for over 10 years and would hate to just get up one morning and find out our game is gone and we've been re-directed to another game.

Thanks!
Judy

Tags
adobe flash, december 2020, display, end of adobe flash, end of flash, eye, farm order, farm stats, flash player, full screen, mouse, mouse over, music, normal screen, regular screen, show names, sound