Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 12:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Great

I don't know what everyone is whinning about... This is perfect... Faster... no bugs.... I have plowed and harvest and had no problems what so ever... It is perfect. Please do not go back to the old way... The ones that want you to are the ones that cut you off.... are very rude.... and push you away from the spot you are in. This is the first time that I have really enjoyed plowing and harvesting and I DID NOT lose any coins or XP... They kept right up with me. Have your testers go out there and let them work for a day and see what they have to say, but please do not change anything today. The ones that are wanting you to change are the ones that like to cut you off and try to keep you from harvesting and plowing.

Use your testers frist before you change that is all I ask. And you will see why people are happy that you made the change.
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:12 PM

Default Speed Of Harvesting and Plowing

Hi There,
I was just harvesting with one of my neighbors and I wasn't happy with the speed at which the avatar moves to the next plot. You have to waiting until the avatar touches the plot before you can move on. With the other system before this recent change on the December 22nd you could go way ahead of the avatar and harvest or plow the whole field without waiting for each plot to clear. This new system is way to slow...... Please reconsider this change. Thank you!!!

Tom
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:12 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you very much for reverting back to the old version. I very much agree with only allowing 1 or 2 people to harvest or plow at ones farm. Some people get ridiculous and hire entirely too many people! I love the way the game was, and seriously considered deleting my account if the changes were permanent. Thanks again for reconsidering and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul

I have to say that I'm with the other 99% of people here and I have to say that I liked the way it was before and am thankful that you are putting it back. I also have to say that I completely agree that no one should be able to hire more than 2 people at a time. Perhaps 4 people if you have two farms. It will at least allow people to learn what their parents should have taught them which is sharing.

I normally either hire friends or if no one is online than I will go to the market and hire two people. If I find one of those two people not sharing or being respectful of their 'neighbor' then I will only hire one of the two for plowing.

I think we all get that you guys tried to make it so that people wouldn't hire 20 people for one job (Upon which these people tend to irrate the rest of us) but you've actually made me much harder to do a job than it was before.

Now in real life, I am disabled and have to use special forms of mouses and keyboards than a normal person. People out there who have said, "Why should I have to share 50/50 if I'm faster than the other person," Well people, here is where morals come in and Farm Town shouldn't have to change anything in order to give people a lesson in life as to how people are treated!! Thats just rediculous but that is exactly what has happened here.

A lot of people seem to not realize that not everyone can afford wireless or digital. Not everyone can pay hard cash for something, and not everyone is in perfect health and condition. I'm extremely disgusted by some of the posts I've read by those who do act all "high and mighty" but Farm Town, you shouldn't have to the be ones to teach them a lesson. If their mother and fathers didn't when they were growing up (If they are adults now) you're never going to get it through theirs heads to begin with. But thank you for thinking of us 'little guys'.

Julianna
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Latest update

I think the numbers of harvestors and plowers should be limited. It is crazy sometimes. I just leave the site.
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Every time you do an update, you have people complaining. You can't please everyone all of the time.

This is a social game. In less than a year, you have 28M people playing. So it shows that people like the game.

This new way is an improvement, as far as speed goes, from FT v1, yet much slower than the queued version. People screamed bloody murder when queued harvesting/plowing was released. Some loved it, some hated it.

I believe the faster queued version speed destroyed the social aspect. Most people do not hang out and talk while plowing or waiting for the meters to fill. They do their job and leave. As quickly as possible, moving to the next job. I've not met and and buddied/became friends with one person that I have hired from the Marketplace because they wanted to hang out & chat. Most of my buddies/neighbors are from before this fast plowing/harvesting or just recently from the forum.

If this version stops people from losing xps/coins, especially since they are not being replaced, then I think this is a better version... for the moment. If you lose some players, then so be it... you will gain others. And you can still figure out an alternative.

However, that alternative should NOT be limiting the amount of workers. I harvest with friends, and have done so since I started the game. Its very rare that I even bother working from the marketplace. With friends, I can work with from one up to 20 people and have fun. I am here for the social aspect of the game, to meet people.. not to zoom up levels or become a millionaire in days.

Even when I hire from the marketplace, the farm with 488 crops, I usually hire one or two people. The one with 1024 crops, I hire four when hiring from the MP.. only friends will my 1024 crops to themselves. It is PURE GREED people who are begging you to go back to the fast version and limit it to one or two people. That's just ludicrous. People looking for work in the marketplace would get LESS WORK, because players would stick with their friends. I'd rather make my friends rich than some random strangers in the Marketplace.

If I had to hire one person from the Marketplace to harvest, and one to plow, I WOULD NOT BE PLAYING.

I VOTE TO KEEP THIS SLOWER VERSION, while trying to come up with a sensible alternative.

You had players BEFORE you added "turbo harvesting/plowing" and you'll continue to have and gain players without it.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of posts from people who are losing xps/coins, and reverting to the previous way is just basically flipping them the bird, especially since you aren't reimbursing them. It's not fair at all to them. I can't even believe the amount of posts now that say "Oh so what about a few xps/coins lost.." You have people complaining of not reaching levels because of lost xps...

Please reconsider.
Thank you Nadine - I came in here to post my SUPPORT of this new version (well ok, some of it...), but Nadine said a lot of my thoughts very well. I just harvested a large field this morning & found everything to be moving VERY smoothly -& quite honestly, I was at least as fast as before because everything seemed much more stable (& I'm a fast clicker)....no jumping around of the screen, just smooth & efficient.

Also, I don't know what's changed, but my avatar did not have to wait when I clicked several plots away from the last harvested plot...is that a change as of this morning?

I'm still getting used to the plowing - it sort of hurts my eyes to have everything jump around, & it doesn't seem as stable as the harvesting, but I love seeing the plots plowed & finished instantly!

I haven't been having troubles with my xp's for the past couple of weeks, but it was potentially crazy-making while I was, so anything that stabilizes that is helpful, imho!

The only things I really don't like about the new update are 1) the size of the scythe - OVERKILL, imho - it really is distracting & gets in the way, and 2) the plowing issues on the layered fields (but I'm OK w/ that....would easily give that up for the other advantages)

I'll keep playing no matter what, but I LIKE the changes so far, & think it just takes awhile getting used to. For those who simply cannot adjust to something new, you'll have a harder time in life - use this as practice & good luck
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:20 PM

Oh yeah, & limiting the numbers of workers on farms to one would NOT work for me at all - I don't care to work with tons of other people from the MP, especially on a small farm, but hey, you can always leave the farm & find another.

What I DO like is working with several friends, old & new - having a harvest party, such as it were - talking & laughing & taking your time. Some of the best times I've had playing here have been working w/ groups of people on a farm!
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:24 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you, my problem was the crashing this way brought to my PC, the freezing and the please wait which i never ever experienced to this extent even with the old old method when the little avatar had a merry wander to places unknown LOL

Maybe putting a limit on the number of hires is a good idea, although i had the loss of XP and money in the past and there was only me working and i waited until all had completed so i don't know if it will resolve all money/xp losses,,, but if you ask me i would rather lose XP now and then then have my PC lock up as much as it has been doing when trying to do work on others farms with this method, that's just my feeling.

How about the firing idea that some have suggested, giving farmers the option to Sir Alan Sugar (fire) hires if they are not happy with their work or etiquette.

Thanks for giving us the chance to give feedback and for all the work you do for us.

Merry Christmas.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:25 PM

I like the idea of having one person working for you, no worries on trying to get the job done. My only suggestion to either version you decide on is some way of booting out the use of the mouse tractor, it is just unfair to those of us who have made our way one click at a time. Hey once again, it's a game!
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:26 PM
Account Not Linked

For those who have limited time on the game, if the hire is limited to one - and you happen to hire the slowest out there then you are screwed!