Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 21 2009, 08:24 AM

Cool it ain't workin'

Ok, I go back to my farm, fuel up the 'big red' to harvest my pineapples, and it just sits there...3 icons come up for me to choose from, I choose big red/4 (when I clicked on the harvester, I already chose Harvest) My pineapples are being harvested by my avatar...Obviously, I have engine trouble. I cannot make my harvester work. Are they just suppose to sit there, take up space and look cool?
Old Oct 21 2009, 08:32 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Apr 10 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia_B2009 View Post
:Yeah some new tools yeah right but you take away us hiring our friends and we cant be on the same farm at the same time etc oh Bull , now that is a stupid development. Now I have been raving about the new harvesting change and then you all do this mess, and now noone will want to hire anyone to do anything to help them out, oh this is just not coshure, this is NOT fair not at all. this makes me want to just forget about FT altogether. and just Think I JUST GOt done spending my hard working coins on this thing, oh noooooo makes me want to stop playing an referring my friends period.mad

(This is from one of my friends which I Love to death and enjoy working for not to mention so many many others......) I want my 30,000 coins :mad back.....

DeeAnn Trisha U Can Hire People From The Market Place, We Just Can't Hire Each Other 2 Do Anything Anymore-Not Even 2 Be @ The Same Farm @ The Same Time-I'm Gonna Really Miss That!! It's Gonna Get Some Getting Use 2-We Can Buy Fuel Though W/Coins Not $$-It'll Be Cool Once We Get The Hang Of This!!
You can still hire your friends to do your harvesting and plowing. This is just another option... especially useful for those who do not have enough neighbors or are not at a high enough level... or for those select few who prefer to do all of the work on their farms themselves.

Visit The Circle C Tree Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 21 2009, 08:33 AM

Bought the Harvester, Seeder and Tractor. I love them. Used both the Harvester and Seeder and still have fuel left over. I think these are a good thing.
Old Oct 21 2009, 08:35 AM

Im glad that they unlock the tools. I bought them all. But did they add anything eles yesturday and i missed it? or still working on it? just asking. I hope there working on new seeds and levels ect.. does anyone know for sure if they are?
Old Oct 21 2009, 08:36 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melapet View Post
Love the new equipment!! Makes trying to get XPs easier since we have to get so many at lever 34. I was beginning to lose interest. Trying to just wait for you guys to keep improving.
Yes, you have to get a lot of xp at level 34.... cuz they dont have level 35 ready yet, lol... My bar was full @ 1 million XP. Still waiting.

Old Oct 21 2009, 08:42 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjfox View Post
So if you can only use it on your own farm, if I understand, you lose the advantage of having neighbors work for you?
You can still choose to have neighbors do the work for you. This is just another option.

Old Oct 21 2009, 08:44 AM
Green Genius ( Level 32 )

Farmer Since: Jul 22 2009
Level:
Trophies: 13
XP:

While the seeder is great ( I have a very large farm and it has reached the point where planting isn't fun anymore ) not having the harvestors being able to be used by hires is something I'd like to see changed.

Visit Misha B's Road Side Stand

Old Oct 21 2009, 08:45 AM
Account Not Linked

I just wasted 30,000 coins on a harvester & sold it for 900 coins 5min later (as it would take up valuable crop space just sitting there otherwise). I thought it would harvest my crops like a motorized vehicle i.e. it would move and I could sit back and watch. I would rather hire people at my farm.. Also, there is no way anyone with a large farm could use both the harvester & seeder because they would run out of their daily gas limit before ever finishing harvesting.. Very disappointing.. So, I bought a large seeder and it does help to be able to seed 4 at a time vs 1 but my farm is so large (max land & 98% crops) that even with the 750 gallons I was "allowed" I was only able to complete 3/4's seeding of my farm. Again, I had hoped A: that the vehicles moved on their own and B: that one could use both the seeder and harvester with the daily gas allowed. Also, if 2 or 3 friends send you gas you can only use 1 per day... That is ineffective. Very disappointed overall as I was hoping to be inspired to use Farm Town on a daily basis vs every 3 days. I appreciate the game though so for that thank you.
Peace,
-Christopher
Old Oct 21 2009, 08:48 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia_b2009 View Post
couldn't agree with u more....i am so upset bout it, i bought one then i found out you cant hire your friends n neighbors when u got one, this is no wrong and cannot be on the same farm at same time, now that is totally messed up.
you can still hire your neighbors even if you bought the new tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 21 2009, 08:50 AM
Account Not Linked

How do you become an influential farmer so you can hire others to plow for you??
Closed Thread