Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 08 2012, 05:48 PM

EXCEPT! I had already done several quests when I came upon an impossible situation for me. Buy a spice factory. This one is $, not coins. Because I messed up trying to find out what the life ring was for, I had used up my ONE chance to get help with a quest (by trying to find out what that ring was for). Why do we only get ONE chance??
Old Apr 09 2012, 09:14 AM

for the most part I think the lifelines are useless. I have one quest now that I need to make a dirty laundry trolley. my lifeline is to procure goods for this quest and by gifts. I have tried working at neighbor's facilities, asking for materials, for everything from turpentine, to materials for rubber sheets, and the materials for making a dirty laundry trolley. none of them has helped me out at all. if it only pertains to crops it should say that. I'm tired of wasting my time on wild goose chases. I enjoy the challenge but hate all the run-a-round.
Old Apr 09 2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
for the most part I think the lifelines are useless. I have one quest now that I need to make a dirty laundry trolley. my lifeline is to procure goods for this quest and by gifts. I have tried working at neighbor's facilities, asking for materials, for everything from turpentine, to materials for rubber sheets, and the materials for making a dirty laundry trolley. none of them has helped me out at all. if it only pertains to crops it should say that. I'm tired of wasting my time on wild goose chases. I enjoy the challenge but hate all the run-a-round.
Hi, if you have the gift lifeline you can post item requests from facilities ... If you have the rubber factory (a coin facility) , open the facility and click on the green + and you can post a request for the ingredients (Turpentine and latex)
Old Apr 09 2012, 10:55 AM

I did that, and for the turpentine, and the the trolley itself, received the gifts, put them in storage and they never registered in the quest at all.
Old Apr 09 2012, 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
I did that, and for the turpentine, and the the trolley itself, received the gifts, put them in storage and they never registered in the quest at all.
You need to have the raw materials first. If you don't have the oil refinery then you are not going to be able to get the raw materials as it takes a lot of steps to get turpentine.
For the turpentine you will need crude oil, then petrochemical barrel, then the turpentine. That would mean several ingredients requests and if you don't have those facilities you can't do those.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 09 2012, 01:34 PM

Personally, I have given up on Quests. I did one every day since they started and never got any farm cash.
Old Apr 09 2012, 01:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Farmer Ruthie67

Why do they give us quests we can't complete? I spent 22 farm cash to get a semi and now I am down to a few bucks.
Old Apr 09 2012, 02:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ruthie67 View Post
Why do they give us quests we can't complete? I spent 22 farm cash to get a semi and now I am down to a few bucks.
All the quests are random, the computer doesn't look at what each person has when it makes a quest.
Old Apr 09 2012, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop View Post
Personally, I have given up on Quests. I did one every day since they started and never got any farm cash.
The random Farm Cash reward has not been activated yet...it does say in the future.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 09 2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryfour12 View Post
EXCEPT! I had already done several quests when I came upon an impossible situation for me. Buy a spice factory. This one is $, not coins. Because I messed up trying to find out what the life ring was for, I had used up my ONE chance to get help with a quest (by trying to find out what that ring was for). Why do we only get ONE chance??
You will get another chance to use the lifeline after the quest you used it on ends. Since we can't delete quests we are not going to do, it can hold up your lifeline for however long that quest lasts. If the last step of the quest takes a farmcash facility you do not own and you are not going to buy, than don't bother using a lifeline on it. That way you will have the lifeline to use on the next quest that comes up.