Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 14 2010, 05:29 AM
Account Not Linked

Default plowing and harvesting on other farms

Its seems to be getting harder to hire ppl to harvest and plow, either they just want to harvest or just want to plow or they dont answer your request at all.
the farms are getting bigger and take longer to harvest and plow and I dont blame ppl giving up half way through a job as its starting to get time consuming.

my suggestion is make harvesting and plowing quicker by being able to harvest and plow 4 squares at a time like we can do on our own farms.

Old Aug 14 2010, 05:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Hey..

I agree with you totally.. I have a different problem and finding to post it really difficult. These past two weeks iv'e lost 900,000 coins because my harvest isn't bringing in any coins !!!
Ive tried my daughters, grandson & my cousin are having the same problem so at the moment i cant play but i miss the game :/

Can anyone help ?
Old Aug 14 2010, 09:46 AM

Someone told me a while back about going offline. There a little plug connected button at the top that puts you offline when pressed. It works super great for when you are just trying to sell your products.

As far as going to hire someone I always go behind the stand and get as far down out of site as I can. You can do that with the selling as well.

I've pretty much gotten a bit upset with the market lately and to me it's just easier to do it myself. I can use the harvester and the plow at 4x and get it done quicker. Granted it does cost a bit more in coins for plowing but giving the annoyance with the market place and trying to find someone to actually work, Does it really matter. Easier is good. LOL
Old Aug 14 2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynn721 View Post
Every time I go to the marketplace looking for workers, people are constantly trying to hire me. I always ask them to not try to hire me since I'm not looking for work but they're extremely inconsiderate. It's very irritating and takes away from my enjoyment of the game. It would be ideal to find a way to separate the "hirers" from the "hirees" to simplify the process. I've been trying to find someone to work on my farm for the past half hour! I miss the old tree hugger thread...got some amazing workers from there.
I hide behind the tent.

You need to keep in mind new people coming in did not see your request to not be hired so they don't know.

Hopefully the devs will come up with a way to separate the marketplace.

Also, I always go to offline mode to sell.
Old Aug 14 2010, 09:59 AM

i hide under the tent no one can click you there
Old Aug 14 2010, 10:03 AM

I'm the same. I get away from the crowd, over to one side, when I go to sell.
Old Aug 14 2010, 10:35 AM
Account Not Linked

Default common sense

I find it irritating that a lot people that DONT want to be hired are standing front and center in the most visible place and they aren't sending any messages about why the are there. They just stand there looking like they want to be hired.

It seems logical that if you want to be hired, stand in a very visible place and send frequent messages that you want to be hired. To ge hired, someone has to click on you. So logically, those wanting to be hired need to be visible so someone can click on them.

If you are looking to hire, hide yourself and send frequent messages that you are wanting to hire someone. You don't have to be front and center for you message to be seen. It will still show up in the chat window at the bottom. When you are hiring, no one has to click on you, so stay out of the way.

Either way, the important thing is to send frequent messages about why you are there. Don't just stand there and expect people to automatically know what you want and then get irritated when they guess wrong.
Old Aug 14 2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I find it irritating that a lot people that DONT want to be hired are standing front and center in the most visible place and they aren't sending any messages about why the are there. They just stand there looking like they want to be hired.
I have noticed that too.
Old Aug 14 2010, 11:21 AM

I just started going offline; much easier..especially if I don't have time to be hired by someone. I never refuse jobs even if I forget; it's just sometimes I just don't have the time.

I feel bad for people who hire and then once the employees get to their farm....THEY LEAVE. Many times, I've been the last one harvesting, plowing, or fishing because the "crop" wasn't "good enough" for the employee (OR INSERT REASON HERE).

Going offline is best if you are just there to sell, click the plug...sell...return to your farm, and click back online.

Easy-peasy.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Aug 14 2010, 11:43 AM
Account Not Linked

I think some of yall need to re-read the op. The OP is talking about trying to hire someone and other sending her hire request. Going to the market in offline mode will not fix that problem for her because there wouldn't be anyone in the mp for her to hire. As for splitting the mp up I don't know how you could separate the people looking to hire from the ones wanting work they need to be in the same place.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.