Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 16 2013, 03:49 PM

No one pays attention to the two market places we have now. One for hiring and one for selling. Would they pay attention to one for tools and one for no tools? I doubt it.
Old Dec 16 2013, 04:05 PM

And the 'honesty' seems to have gone out the window in FarmTown! I see so many people cheating an getting away with it it is not even funny! It has lots its 'fun' cause of the players that have started playing. But something has to be done about the hiring problem cause it is very annoying!
Old Dec 16 2013, 05:05 PM
Account Not Linked

I still have fun, I just stay on my little corner of Farm Town and have a close neighbor that I work with. I don't use the market place, well except to sell items, I either do my own fields or have my neighbor do them. I don't care if people use the glitches just as long as they don't complain if they fix a glitch, they use them at their own risk.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Dec 17 2013, 12:20 AM

I've just seen the height of rudeness. I was hired to harvest and plow crops. While I was harvesting the farm owner was plowing behind me! I grabbed my plow and started plowing what I could then finished harvesting.. Why hire me to plow if you are going to do it yourself! You can't be in that much of a hurry that you can wait the 2 minutes it takes for me to finish the job with my 6x6 tools.
Old Dec 17 2013, 01:57 PM

It's kind of a two way down fall, in order to get bonus chest you cannot be buddies or neighbours, and yet, in order to get certain trees for our facilities, you must be neighbours/friends to get trees given to you the proper way. Sure you can cheat and get some from websites, but that is not really the real way to play Farm Town. I also have had numerous difficulties trying to find workers for my farm, and then hopefully they finish the job hired for. I personally feel that we should get more bonus for helping out neighbours, after all, isn't being good neighbours a big part of this game. So why not just give the bonus for completing the whole job even to our buddies/neighbours. This would make a whole lot of players very happy. Thank you
Old Dec 17 2013, 02:43 PM
Account Not Linked

This is my opinion and just what I have learned from reading the forum posts for many years. First they had hiring a neighbor would get you a large box instead of regular box (but since the creation of facilities that isn't as good as it use to be) and cost less on the plowing so that people would hire neighbors instead of doing the work themselves. Then people started to complain that everyone was hiring neighbors and there was no one in the market place to hire or be hired, so Slashkey again changed it so that if you hire or get hired by a stranger from the market place instead of a neighbor/buddy that the incentive would be to get 2 boxes instead of 1 box and a treasure chest for completing the whole job on each farm. Now I see there are posts by people saying that hiring neighbors needs to have incentives to hire neighbors. I remember the saying: You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time. I myself have one close neighbor that I harvest her items and she harvests mine, I do this cause she needs the items for either facilities or for selling to get coins, just like she is mostly the only person that works my facilities when I post them, I don't even write anything on the post anymore since I know no one will work them but her.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Dec 26 2013, 02:47 PM

I agree totally with you. The game use to be all about helping your neighbours but now it all seems to be get what you can as fast as you can, stuff your neighbours, just get screwed over by idiots in the market place who lie about what tools they have, leave your farms a mess then leave for you to find someone else to try and clean it all up and hopefully they have the tools required to do the job, or a connection long enough not to get kicked off the farm. Farming has become too hard to involved others. What could take an hour to do yourself it can take up to 4 hours - why bother any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW2009 View Post
It's kind of a two way down fall, in order to get bonus chest you cannot be buddies or neighbours, and yet, in order to get certain trees for our facilities, you must be neighbours/friends to get trees given to you the proper way. Sure you can cheat and get some from websites, but that is not really the real way to play Farm Town. I also have had numerous difficulties trying to find workers for my farm, and then hopefully they finish the job hired for. I personally feel that we should get more bonus for helping out neighbours, after all, isn't being good neighbours a big part of this game. So why not just give the bonus for completing the whole job even to our buddies/neighbours. This would make a whole lot of players very happy. Thank you
Clear My Macromedia Files
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...840&farm_ix=17
Old Dec 26 2013, 05:52 PM

I hire people and have 18 very large farms (34x34 ) with stacked fields often take over 4000 lots. Most have a combine or so but often I feel sorry for the low levels who either don't have the money or just not that farm town addict yet to buy them. I often wonder why we cant let them hire our tools to do the job just like real life farmers do?
Old Dec 26 2013, 10:39 PM

It seems now that you have to have tools just to get hired. If you say you have no tools in the market place you are pretty much ignored. And really the way some of these farms are jam packed with trees and stacked crops you need them. It will take hours to finish just doing one plot at a time especially if you are assigned more than one farm. I managed to earn enough FC to put with what I got leveling up to purchase a plow and a log truck and a few kind neighbors sent me a harvester and tree shaker. Before I had them I had problems getting hired now I can get jobs easily.
Old Dec 26 2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
It seems now that you have to have tools just to get hired. If you say you have no tools in the market place you are pretty much ignored. And really the way some of these farms are jam packed with trees and stacked crops you need them. It will take hours to finish just doing one plot at a time especially if you are assigned more than one farm. I managed to earn enough FC to put with what I got leveling up to purchase a plow and a log truck and a few kind neighbors sent me a harvester and tree shaker. Before I had them I had problems getting hired now I can get jobs easily.
Where are you when I need help?? I have 3 farms that I ASK "Who does NOT have a combine?" Two of them are not overlapped. The other is, but it has 2 small unintimidating fields. And most times, I can't find anyone with no Tools to hire!
And my trees? They in rows, spaced just far enough that they are easily done with NO tools. Only exception is the forest, where I wanted it authentic. And if you chop there first, you can see the apple trees easily. And the option to hide things that don't need doing is awesome. When you harvest a tree, it disappears, so you don't miss trees.