Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 09 2013, 12:02 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Twice recently I hired someone from the marketplace to harvest and plow. When I went back to check the farms, they "plowed" a design onto my farm - one was a face, I have no idea what the other was supposed to be.
So i had to go back and plow the empty spaces. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

What I have noticed, is a preponderance of people at the marketplace wanting to work, saying - "solo only, no fishing, no trees, no flowers". yeah - I'm not hiring you.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 09 2013, 01:23 PM

Default I thought the bonus came automatically

Quote:
Originally Posted by katupatree View Post
I don't like the bonus system. I just finished chopping and when I went to collect the bonus, it said it had expired . . . really?!? It's bad enough that I forget to collect it half the time. I was hired with another player that was chopping one by one. So politely I only chopped half the trees. Then I realized I was going to have to wait for that other player to finish their share before I could collect because you can't collect until the job is done. Then I realized the other farmer left while I was chopping my half, so I finished the job and then it said the bonus had expired. If you do the job you are hired for, you should automatically get a bonus.
I thought the bonus came automatically. You have to collect it and if so from where.
Old Mar 09 2013, 01:32 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
I thought the bonus came automatically. You have to collect it and if so from where.
Hi,

they are talking about the Job Completion Bonus. It's what you get when you a hired by a stranger from market. Once you start the job on that persons farm a chest icon will appear underneath the fuel icon top left of your game screen. Once you have completed all the jobs on one farm you click on the chest to claim your bonus, before you move on to the next farm.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 09 2013, 01:59 PM

Default I had assumed the bonus came automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi,

they are talking about the Job Completion Bonus. It's what you get when you a hired by a stranger from market. Once you start the job on that persons farm a chest icon will appear underneath the fuel icon top left of your game screen. Once you have completed all the jobs on one farm you click on the chest to claim your bonus, before you move on to the next farm.
That means I have never got any bonuses then. I had assumed they came automatically. I have never clicked on anything and just always when completing one farm moved on to the next farm to help.
Old Mar 09 2013, 02:42 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post
Twice recently I hired someone from the marketplace to harvest and plow. When I went back to check the farms, they "plowed" a design onto my farm - one was a face, I have no idea what the other was supposed to be.
So i had to go back and plow the empty spaces. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

What I have noticed, is a preponderance of people at the marketplace wanting to work, saying - "solo only, no fishing, no trees, no flowers". yeah - I'm not hiring you.
people have "solo only, no fishing, no trees, no flowers". so they don't get hired to do work they don't have the tools to finish the job with.....they cannot claim the bonus chest if all the work hired for is not done....and if you have more than one farmer working on a farm, the bonus is messed up and no one gets it...

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 09 2013, 02:46 PM

Level:
XP:

quite frankly I am getting very tired of hiring workers who refuse to listen when told to tick HIDDEN in the Dim Out Non-Relevant Items for Tools in preferences so they won't miss anything...twice I have had fishermen using a Turbo Boat miss some of mine..its all on the same farm...and they have lost the bonus....some also miss whole groups of trees..not just the odd one....I think they try to work too fast and the tools actually miss these things...if only they would listen! I give up!! wish that neighbours could get the bonus, at least that way I could get some good workers...well thats my gripe for today, hehehe...lol

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 09 2013, 04:19 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
people have "solo only, no fishing, no trees, no flowers". so they don't get hired to do work they don't have the tools to finish the job with.....they cannot claim the bonus chest if all the work hired for is not done....and if you have more than one farmer working on a farm, the bonus is messed up and no one gets it...
But EVERYONE has tools to harvest a few trees or flowers. I get that someone might not want to do an entire farm of something if they have to do it one by one. Most of my farms with crops have at least a row of trees or a flower bed. If workers say "No trees or flowers" - they won't finish the job, so I don't hire them.

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 09 2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post

Daisy i've never had anyone do the designs on my farm but i get really sick and tired of all the 'demands' people make at the MP!! Just like you stated. I refuse to hire anyone with the word "SOLO" as their name. I've even seen some saying they only want LARGE layered farms to work solo!!! Pretty pathetic!! and disgusting.
Old Mar 09 2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit 13 View Post
I have hired workers from market and the ones who want to work solo, not one has ever once finished the 17 farms, I think they are daunted by the many farms to do, should I tell them at the market before I hire them?
i FOUND that happening to me also so I no longer hire a worker for more than 2-3 farms at a time.
Old Mar 09 2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueripper@gmail.com View Post
I say fish and flowers only because I have worked one too many jobs where I was working with a new farmer and met them after I had done most of the farms because I have all the big tools. I now just say fish and flowers because most of the new farmers want H&P jobs so they can level up and I do not want to take work from them.
I have no problem with someone asking for a specific job. I figure they may not have tools to do other things.. i just really get annoyed with people who say "SOLO".....