Old Dec 28 2016, 09:50 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.S View Post

I'm putting off buying ships, mostly because I don't have time to load them, but also because I won't pester or guilt anyone into helping me. The ships are different because the request goes out, not to one's neighbourhood, but to one targeted person at a time. One of the best things about this game is that you can be social or play solo, depending on how you feel right now. Encouraging social behavior is fine - pressuring individuals is not fine.

I suggest that one's neighbours should have to OPT IN... if I had to buy a port, and place it on a farm to activate it, then my neighbours know that they are not bothering me, and that their ships likely won't be stuck there all week. I can put it in storage if I go on holiday - and the game has MUCH better information about where to send the ships.
Although I'm not sure I want to have to find a place on a farm to physically place a port, I totally agree with the rest of this.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 28 2016, 09:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I still think it's not a good idea to require so much. It's not just the monotony, it's really not good for us physically. That may sound like a dweeb response or something but I take physical health seriously. I don't have any debilitating physical conditions that have made me unable to use a mouse but I have enough "twinges" that I am conscious of wanting to limit the number of mouse clicks to make sure I DON'T go down that path. I think if I knew I had to click 100 times, I'd feel pretty torn. I'd definitely WANT to help the neighbor, but not sure it would be worth it.
As it is, clicking 10 times per ship (if that's really the maximum, as some have said they've had to click more) is about the limit of what I'd be willing to do to move ships on. So far I've only had one come in to my port, and it only took 3 clicks, I think. But I'm not about to install a mouse clicker. Clicking over and over and over on one button is just silly. I really think it should be one click per ship, if the developers really want this to work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 28 2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Although I'm not sure I want to have to find a place on a farm to physically place a port, I totally agree with the rest of this.
I also feel it should be opt in instead of opt out. I don't think it's necessary to have to buy a port, though. If you opt in, you'll automatically have a port for your neighbors. I had originally thought the opt in should be automatic if you buy a ship - but after reading some more, it looks like some people may not want to do ships but might like to help by having a port. So maybe some other way to opt in? And definitely ways to opt back out - temporarily or permanently.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 28 2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
As it is, clicking 10 times per ship (if that's really the maximum, as some have said they've had to click more) is about the limit of what I'd be willing to do to move ships on. So far I've only had one come in to my port, and it only took 3 clicks, I think. But I'm not about to install a mouse clicker. Clicking over and over and over on one button is just silly. I really think it should be one click per ship, if the developers really want this to work.
I have just had to click 51 times to clear a neighbours ship! That is really excessive.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Dec 28 2016, 11:29 AM

Not sure about these ships. I thought they were supposed to go to the players who are on a lot first. Mine is sitting at a port for 3 hours now!!!! The people who play a lot are down towards the bottom!!!
Old Dec 28 2016, 11:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Not sure about these ships. I thought they were supposed to go to the players who are on a lot first. Mine is sitting at a port for 3 hours now!!!! The people who play a lot are down towards the bottom!!!
Hi Jean
Please bear in mind that people occasionally eat sleep and work
Not to mention living/playing on different time zones
The Devs are working on some changes which should help a lot
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Dec 28 2016, 12:46 PM

Despite my ships sitting in other ports for days at a time, I am loving the ships.

I have decided that I will stop obsessing, only load containers of goods I need so that I am not up all night, send them off, and then check again in a week.

I understand that my neighbours all work in the real world, have families that also need attention, have errands etc, just as I do, and I cannot be on Farm Town 24 hours a day. Neither can my neighbours.

I will however move the ships in my ports along twice a day - morning and evening. Also, I will replace inactive neighbours or those that have not played in years with new ones. I have made so many new "friends" in the last few days, and that I have to say is really awesome. It is always great to meet new people from all over the world.

Thank you Farm Town. I love this game.
Old Dec 28 2016, 01:28 PM

I was wondering if it's possible to add the ships to the Gifts page like the trains? When I'm traveling, I can still accept a train without having to go into the game.
Old Dec 28 2016, 01:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
3 hours?!?!?
I currently have 5 Ships dispatched (all fully prepared) and all stuck on one of the first 10 ports.
Blue (dispatched Friday) stuck in 3rd port for 2 days, now in 5th for 1.9 days.
Orange (dispatched Saturday) stuck in 2nd port for 2.5 days and now stuck in 7th port for 3.6 hours (same 5th port above)
Green (dispatched Sunday) stuck in 9th port for 20.5 hours
Purple (dispatched Monday) stuck in 5th port for 18.4 hours
Brown (dispatched yesterday) cleared the 1st 2 ports in just over an hour total. stayed in port 3 for 13.1 hours and now at 4th port for 2.7 hours.

If I could get my ships moved in 3 hours I would be very very happy.
Old Dec 28 2016, 01:32 PM

I have noticed that even when I am on notifications of ships on my port are very delayed. I had been playing for a couple of hours when the notification posted on my tool box. When I went to load my friends ship the time showed close to 1 1/2 hrs. I had also sent another ship off about 1/2 hr prior. Please try to fix. It's already bad enough if it's sat somewhere else for a long period. Thank-you
Closed Thread