Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 06:17 PM

Default New Release -- December 22nd, 2009

****[UPDATE]**** Please see the new created thread for latest information

Hi There,

First, the Bert account was hacked recently and there were some posts made on his behalf, we are researching this issue now.

Second, we just released a new version of FarmTown a while ago. As stated before, we were going to focus mainly on the lost XP/Coins issues which are critical at this point. However, in order to minimize the lost XP/Coins issues, we had to make some changes to the way harvesting/plowing works when you are hired.

Before, when multiple people were hired on a farm, everybody starts clicking randomly on every field, and there are a lot of collisions, people harvesting/plowing on the same fields, as you don't see clearly where other people are working.

The new way is this, if you harvest fields that are close to where your avatar is, then your avatar will be teletransported and will be a very quick transition, it should be as quick or comparable to what it was before, however if you click on a field that is farther away, then you will have to wait until your avatar gets to that field to continue working.

This change will make that on some instances you work slower, on the other hand people get more dispersed while working on a farm, you can actually see them where they are working, and there will be much less collisions between them. This will also add another component to the game, now it's not just blindly clicking on the fields, you have to also consider the position of other players and your chances to avoid collisions and to get more work done. Now, when you click on a field that another player did before you, then you will see a message saying "already done", before, there was no feedback at all.

Of course, we know this release will cause a lot of complains as well, because in order to improve one area we had to change the behaivor on another area which some users will not like it, but compared to the issue of frequent losing more XP and coins, we just decided this was the way to go.

So far we have detected that there are 70% less issues with lost XP/coins that before, and it should improve with time even more.

As a separate note, the cursors on the game have been made larger and they don't get overlapped by other items on the game.

Thanks

--Raul

Last edited by Raul; Dec 23 2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:18 PM

Thank you very much Raul. We appreciate everything you do for us.
Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Dec 22 2009, 06:20 PM

Thank you Raul. Some of us do appreciate what you're trying to do.
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:21 PM

It is faster this evening than it was this afternoon.
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:22 PM
Account Not Linked

My only complaint is that this should be titled "22nd", not "22th". xD
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:24 PM

thanks for the hard work. i was one of the few once i tryed it who realized how nice it was i just didnt like the wait to walk when i clicked away but now that you explained it for us i know why its done and understand thanks again. but i do love the speed and easyness when you click crops next to eachother
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:26 PM
Account Not Linked

If it ant broke don't fix it . Well someone should have told them this before now because they broke it trying to fix it dumb dumb dumb!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:27 PM

Please go back to the speed and the way it was. It is now so slow, I hate to be hired or to hire anyone.

Thanks.
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdnunley@hotmail.com View Post
If it ant broke don't fix it . Well someone should have told them this before now because they broke it trying to fix it dumb dumb dumb!!!!!!!!!!
If you had bothered at all to read why they changed it, you'd see that they are doing to fix something that was broken; people were not getting coins or XP in some instances, and it was clearly stated that there's been 70% less problems regarding these. Read the OP before you reply.
Old Dec 22 2009, 06:28 PM

Thanks-although this does make work slower(for now), it also returns it to the relaxing FUN it used to be in the early days of FarmTown! No more ridiculous complaining about 'hogs', being 'greedy'; no more overlapping of fields. I have enjoyed this game ever since I became addicted (and proud of it!) last March! Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated!
Closed Thread