Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 23 2020, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I log into the Neighborhood Competition each and every day since some of my neighbors are not necessarily sending thanks on the day that I win or come close to it. I won this passed week's competition and collected my 2 farm cash Thursday morning and I sent thanks to my neighbors and collected the ones they sent me. I also collected a bunch yesterday. I collected thanks from 2 more about 20 minutes ago and suddenly the game says I have abandoned the contest when I have done no such thing. Some of my friends and neighbors just don't log in every day and were a bit late in clicking the blue thanks button. This does NOT mean I have abandoned anything!
Hi Qivis,
Did you move any of the facilities in the contest to another farm or storage?
If you did then that is how you abandoned the contest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 23 2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
Did you move any of the facilities in the contest to another farm or storage?
If you did then that is how you abandoned the contest.
I figured it out. I thought I had only moved facilities that were not part of the contest. It turns out I forgot to leave one where it was - The Peruvian Restaurant - that is part of this week's contest. I was about to erase the post above but you answered before I could tab back to the forum. Since I am moving to another apartment soon I probably would win something I already have plenty of anyway because I would not come in first or second.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!

Last edited by Qivis; May 23 2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old Jun 03 2020, 04:47 PM

Default Neighborhood Chains contest

I went to work my 4 facilities and I got this message:
"You have abandoned the contest for this week, nest contest starts next Thursday 12 AM EST". I worked them yesterday and I was in 3rd place before I worked them. Please help.

pamlynnet
Old Jun 03 2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlynnet View Post
I went to work my 4 facilities and I got this message:
"You have abandoned the contest for this week, nest contest starts next Thursday 12 AM EST". I worked them yesterday and I was in 3rd place before I worked them. Please help.

pamlynnet
Hi pamlynnet

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Did you move any of this week contest facilities to storage or to other farm?

I'm sorry but if you moved any of them, then that is why you received that message.

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Jun 06 2020, 04:48 AM
Account Not Linked

Second time in 4 weeks I am competing against a neighbour, a friend has two of her neighbours in her's this week, has something gone amiss, or is this just a passing blip?
Ta
Old Jun 06 2020, 05:05 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
Second time in 4 weeks I am competing against a neighbour, a friend has two of her neighbours in her's this week, has something gone amiss, or is this just a passing blip?
Ta
Hi Grumpdad,

No, nothing is wrong, it is possible to be competing against one or more neighbours. There's no rule that says you won't be. It just picks similar neighbourhoods to your own. In some cases it's due to there not being enough similar neighbouhoods as your own so you end up competing with the some of same ones again.
Old Jun 25 2020, 12:16 AM
Account Not Linked

I entered the NCC but moved an empty one to storage (I had 2) as I wasn't using it and now I have been kicked out of NCC. I have put it back on farm but I think because it was empty I shouldn't be disqualified as I have all others working
Old Jun 25 2020, 12:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
I entered the NCC but moved an empty one to storage (I had 2) as I wasn't using it and now I have been kicked out of NCC. I have put it back on farm but I think because it was empty I shouldn't be disqualified as I have all others working
HI rodkay,
I am sorry, but if you move one of the facilities in the contest then you are out of the contest. There is nothing we can do about that as it is controlled by the program. You get a warning message not to move them:

Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 25 2020, 12:32 AM
Account Not Linked

I never got that message otherwise I would not have moved it. Okay looks like I learn from my mistakes but maybe you can check out if that message is working? I have seen it before when I have tried to move my one and only facility but maybe it doesn't come up for 2nd one? Do my neighbours still get my points when I start facilities even though I am out?? I mean they have the points already from when I started it...they should not be at a disadvantage because of this. If I am not in it I should not be in their NCC either..thanks for listening. One final question..if I put all non active facilities into storage do they still count in NCC and if they are in storage and I put on farm will I get blocked again?

Last edited by rodkay1@bigpond.com; Jun 25 2020 at 01:18 AM.
Old Jun 25 2020, 06:26 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
I never got that message otherwise I would not have moved it. Okay looks like I learn from my mistakes but maybe you can check out if that message is working? I have seen it before when I have tried to move my one and only facility but maybe it doesn't come up for 2nd one? Do my neighbours still get my points when I start facilities even though I am out?? I mean they have the points already from when I started it...they should not be at a disadvantage because of this. If I am not in it I should not be in their NCC either..thanks for listening. One final question..if I put all non active facilities into storage do they still count in NCC and if they are in storage and I put on farm will I get blocked again?
Hi rodkay,

As you are now asking about the NCC I have moved all posts about that subject to the thread for the NCC. We always try to keep related posts in the same threads so it's easier for everyone to find information on any particular subject.

We will look into the issue of the the message not being specific about the NCC when storing an NCC facility.

Your friends will still have the points you earned before you abandoned the NCC plus they also get their own points multiplied as you had participated before this happened so even if you only contributed 1 point from stating a single batch, the multiplying part still makes your participation of good value. They do not get any further points from you starting more batches in those facilities after you abandon the contest.

When you store facilities that you are not using and only want to bring them out if they are being used in the NCC, you will need to find a clear space bigger than the facility in order to get it back out onto the farm. However the NCC does not always recognise a facility that was put on the farm from storage after the contest week has begun. So the best thing to do once you have placed it on the farm is to open the NCC via your toolbox and make sure that it is showing up in there and then start a single batch in there BEFORE you start any batches using any other method.

Bring a facility out of storage does not make you abandon the contest only the storing of one after the contest has begun does that.

Tags
add faciities in contest, facilities in contest, ncc, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest