Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 26 2016, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyTurba View Post
You oldest quest of the 3 was completed on the 23rd at 11:15 AM (all times are eastern time). You collected your farm cash last time on the 22nd at 4:56 PM. That means you will be able to collect again at the same time on the 29th which is well before that oldest quest will drop off the list. Since you already have 3 completed quests then you will still be able to collect 1 farm cash even though you have 2 quests you can't complete.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 03 2016, 11:26 AM

Default Not Enough Quests Completed --- Invalid Message ERROR Displayed

This issue is for both QUESTs and COOP-QUESTS (CQs).

When I am on my farm and I have 7 QUESTs completed and the 8th QUEST completes, if I click on the QUEST ICON (brown ICON with "?") I get the following message "Not enough quests completed". However if you look at the bottom of my farm it says I have completed 8 QUESTS within the last 7 days (or I have completed 13 CQs within the last 7 days). Also if I look at the DETAILS of both of my QUEST and CQs using the SHOW QUESTS button directly above the CLAIM FARMCASH button, the detailed screen also shows I have have completed 8 QUESTS within the last 7 days (or I have completed 13 CQs within the last 7 days). However I can NOT collect my FARMCASH (2 $$).

The CLAIM FARMCASH button background is BLACK, can NOT collect my $$$ for completing the required QUESTs (or CQs) ... vs the CLAIM FARMCASH button background being LIGHT BLUE, which is when I CAN collect my $$$ for completing the required QUESTs (or CQs).

I have to close by BROWSER and get back to FARMTOWN in order to collect my FARMCASH for completing the required QUESTs (or CQs).

I have used both a PC and a MAC and this 'FEATURE' is the same on both PLATFORMS. I have used various BROWSERs (SAFARI, OPERA, FIREFOX) and this 'FEATURE' is the same on both PLATFORMS and ALL BROWSERs that I have used to play FARMTOWN.

This is NOT a SHOW STOPPER ... just a annoyance.

I have attached several (4 files; 3 for CQs, 1 for QUESTs) SNAP SHOTs to show you what I have described above.

Fixing this BUG would be appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance for your time and help

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FT_CQ_Not_Enough_Quests_Completed.jpg (21.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg FT_CQ_13_Completed_in_7_Days.jpg (20.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg FT_CQ_13s_Completed_Claim_FC.jpg (21.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg FT_Not_Enough_QUESTS_COMPLETED_Msg.jpg (19.5 KB, 2 views)
Old Sep 03 2016, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majarmus View Post
This issue is for both QUESTs and COOP-QUESTS (CQs).

When I am on my farm and I have 7 QUESTs completed and the 8th QUEST completes, if I click on the QUEST ICON (brown ICON with "?") I get the following message "Not enough quests completed". However if you look at the bottom of my farm it says I have completed 8 QUESTS within the last 7 days (or I have completed 13 CQs within the last 7 days). Also if I look at the DETAILS of both of my QUEST and CQs using the SHOW QUESTS button directly above the CLAIM FARMCASH button, the detailed screen also shows I have have completed 8 QUESTS within the last 7 days (or I have completed 13 CQs within the last 7 days). However I can NOT collect my FARMCASH (2 $$).

The CLAIM FARMCASH button background is BLACK, can NOT collect my $$$ for completing the required QUESTs (or CQs) ... vs the CLAIM FARMCASH button background being LIGHT BLUE, which is when I CAN collect my $$$ for completing the required QUESTs (or CQs).

I have to close by BROWSER and get back to FARMTOWN in order to collect my FARMCASH for completing the required QUESTs (or CQs).

I have used both a PC and a MAC and this 'FEATURE' is the same on both PLATFORMS. I have used various BROWSERs (SAFARI, OPERA, FIREFOX) and this 'FEATURE' is the same on both PLATFORMS and ALL BROWSERs that I have used to play FARMTOWN.

This is NOT a SHOW STOPPER ... just a annoyance.

I have attached several (4 files; 3 for CQs, 1 for QUESTs) SNAP SHOTs to show you what I have described above.

Fixing this BUG would be appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance for your time and help

Mark
Hi Mark,
This only happens if you are sitting watch and waiting for the button to turn blue. The same thing happens if you are on a farm when a crop becomes ready. The only way to get it to show the crop to allow you to harvest is to refresh the farm. In the case of the quests you have to close your farms and reopen for the button condition to update. There isn't a fix for this as the data will not update for a period of time ( so data update doesn't interfere and slow down operations) unless you close and restart your farms to force the update.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 03 2016, 12:39 PM

Default Invalid Not Enough Quests Completed ERROR Message

Thank you TAZ for your fast reply.

I have 'RELOADED' my farm (to use your words --- 'TO FORCE RELOAD MY FARMTOWN DATA') after I have seen that the 8th QUEST (or 13th CQ) has been completed with in the last 7 days and MORE than 7 days have passed since I started my QUESTs (or CQs) by either:

1) selecting the 'PLAY button' (button to the right of the 'SEND GIFTs button' at the top left of my farm).
2) clicking on the same farm that I am currently on (say farm #11) by using the 'boxes' in the upper left hand corner of my farm that corresponds to farm #11 in this example (3rd row of boxes, 3rd box from the left on row 3).
3) using 'CTRL R' .... to reload my FARMTOWN page.

My FARM does RELOAD in all 3 of these cases, however, my FARMTOWN data is NOT ... 'FORCED RELOADED'.

None of the above 3 things that I have tried changes the background of the CLAIM FARMCASH button from BLACK to LIGHT BLUE. The ONLY way I have been able to get the CLAIM FARMCASH button background to be LIGHT BLUE so I can collect my 2 $$$ is to restart my BROWSER.

I have also cleared my FARMTOWN CACHE MEMORY and that also does not help either. Clearing FARMTOWN CACHE MEMORY does not 'FORCE RELOAD' my FARMTOWN DATA.

I ALWAYS have to close my BROWSER and open it again and navigate back to my FARM to be able to collect my FT $$$ AFTER completing 8 QUESTs in 7 days or 13 CQs in 7 days if I am in FARMTOWN and I reach the required # of COMPLETED QUESTs to be able to COLLECT my 2 FT $$.

I do understand that if FARMTOWN kept updating 'data' in the background every X (say 30) SECONDS ... it would greatly slow down the performance of the game.

Mark
Old Sep 03 2016, 12:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majarmus View Post
Thank you TAZ for your fast reply.

I have 'RELOADED' my farm (to use your words --- 'TO FORCE RELOAD MY FARMTOWN DATA') after I have seen that the 8th QUEST (or 13th CQ) has been completed with in the last 7 days and MORE than 7 days have passed since I started my QUESTs (or CQs) by either:

1) selecting the 'PLAY button' (button to the right of the 'SEND GIFTs button' at the top left of my farm).
2) clicking on the same farm that I am currently on (say farm #11) by using the 'boxes' in the upper left hand corner of my farm that corresponds to farm #11 in this example (3rd row of boxes, 3rd box from the left on row 3).
3) using 'CTRL R' .... to reload my FARMTOWN page.

My FARM does RELOAD in all 3 of these cases, however, my FARMTOWN data is NOT ... 'FORCED RELOADED'.

None of the above 3 things that I have tried changes the background of the CLAIM FARMCASH button from BLACK to LIGHT BLUE. The ONLY way I have been able to get the CLAIM FARMCASH button background to be LIGHT BLUE so I can collect my 2 $$$ is to restart my BROWSER.

I have also cleared my FARMTOWN CACHE MEMORY and that also does not help either. Clearing FARMTOWN CACHE MEMORY does not 'FORCE RELOAD' my FARMTOWN DATA.

I ALWAYS have to close my BROWSER and open it again and navigate back to my FARM to be able to collect my FT $$$ AFTER completing 8 QUESTs in 7 days or 13 CQs in 7 days if I am in FARMTOWN and I reach the required # of COMPLETED QUESTs to be able to COLLECT my 2 FT $$.

I do understand that if FARMTOWN kept updating 'data' in the background every X (say 30) SECONDS ... it would greatly slow down the performance of the game.

Mark
Hi Mark,
It seems to be a little different for everyone. For me, if I have to do it I always have to clear the memcache to get it to update. For others it may only be closing the farm and reopening. Refreshing the farm or clicking the Play doesn't seem to do it though.
You just have to know what works for you, but there is nothing they can do without effecting the speed of the game. It doesn't seem to happen except when you are sitting waiting for the button to turn blue.

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 05 2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old Sep 14 2016, 11:00 PM

This week alone I have had the "Load Soda co-op quest twice and The Bowling Ball Return quest twice. Before that I had The Forge Hood quest twice and Load French Window Co-op quests twice. I have also had the Load Fish Dinner and Load Handmade Ring quests twice. Just now I got the Load Terrazo Tile for the second time in 2 weeks. I'm getting fed up with getting the same quests over and over.

Last edited by ccheney; Sep 14 2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old Sep 17 2016, 09:50 AM

Default Quest Frustration

I am so disappointed with the quest round. On many occasions I have had the required number of request to get 2 FC. For life reasons I am not able to get on line at the required time to collect the 2 FC. There are many reason that can conflict with a persaon ability to collect the bonus FC. The program does not take that into consideration.
My request would be that the system automatically post the FC to your account when you get the required amount and the time period has been reached. It is so frustrating when you work really hard to achieve the maximum allowed. Thank you for listening.
Old Sep 17 2016, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuster View Post
I am so disappointed with the quest round. On many occasions I have had the required number of request to get 2 FC. For life reasons I am not able to get on line at the required time to collect the 2 FC. There are many reason that can conflict with a persaon ability to collect the bonus FC. The program does not take that into consideration.
My request would be that the system automatically post the FC to your account when you get the required amount and the time period has been reached. It is so frustrating when you work really hard to achieve the maximum allowed. Thank you for listening.
Hi JSchuster,
Please post any suggestion you have in the suggestion section where the developers will see it and not in the general feedback. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing one that fits your suggestion.
Old Sep 20 2016, 01:32 AM

Default Collecting Farm Cash For Completing Quests/CQs vs Starting New Quest/CQs

Taz,

Thank you for your previous replies to my posts.

I asked why can't I collect my FARM CASH for completing my QUESTs/CQs while I have my QUEST/CQ window open before the 7 day timer is reached and then the 7 day timer is obtained AND passed while the window is still open.

See my PIX below with respect to STARTING a NEW QUEST or CQ ...

I am on my farm. The NEW QUEST/CQ CUBE (located at the top left of my farm below the FUEL ICON) is grey because it has been less than 20 hours since I started my last QUEST (or less less than 10 hours since I started my last CQ). If I open (CLICK ON) the grey QUEST/CQ CUBE ... the QUEST/CQ window opens and it tells me I have to wait 1 more minute until I can start a new QUEST/CQ. I close the window. I repeat this ... open and close the window ... until the time to start a new QUEST (20 hours) or CQ (10 hours) has been obtained AND passed and then I am ABLE to start the new QUEST/CD ... WITHOUT RELOADING the game or WITHOUT closing my browser and then restarting my browser. You can see in my PIX below that the 3rd QUEST was GREY because the 20 HOUR timer was not reached. When the 20 HOUR timer was reached the 3rd QUEST turned light brown to indicate the 20 HOUR timer was reached, however, I did not RESTART my browser ... I just kept opening and closing the QUEST window until the 3rd QUEST turned light brown.

How come the COLLECTING of FARM CASH ($1 or $2) when completing the required number of QUESTs/CDs does not work in a similar way?

SUCH AS --->>>>
If I open the QUEST/CQ window to collect my FARM CASH and it is too soon (less than 7 days has been reached since I started my first QUEST/CQ) ... if I close the window and reopen the window AND I have also met the 7 day requirement this time I open the QUEST/CQ window ... I SHOULD be able to collect my FARM CASH ($1 or $2) ... but instead I get the ERRONEOUS 'NOT ENOUGH QUESTs (CQs) HAVE BEEN COMPLETED' error message. I SHOULD be able to just keep opening and closing the QUEST window until the 'CLAIM FARMCASH' button in the lower right hand corner of the QUEST window turns light blue from black when I have met the 7 day time requirement to collect my FARM CASH ($1 or $2) ... rather than having to close my browser and reopen my browser so that I can collect my FARM CASH ($1 or $2).

Starting a NEW QUEST/CQ does not REQUIRE me to close my browser and restart my browser when I am on my farm and I have met the requirements to start a NEW QUEST/CQ ... so why do I have to closer my browser and restart my browser to collect my FARM CASH ($1 or $2)? Both of these operations {Starting a NEW QUEST/CQ; Collecting my FARM CASH ($1 or $2)} should FUNCTION/OPERATE the same, no???

Last edited by majarmus; Sep 21 2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old Sep 21 2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorns4me View Post
I have to say I am becoming extremely annoyed to be done out the ability to enjoy either the co-operative or the normal quests due to the fact that in the past week most of those quests have been CODED for facilities that cost FC.

Please do not try to tell me this is random.... too many to be random. Too much greed requiring players to spend money. I'm a pensioner.. I have more important things to spend my money on.
I had a quest recently that required four FC facilities to complete the quest . That required spending 140 FC. I let it lapse. I can see requiring one or maybe two FC facilities for one quest but not four.

Another problem I have is not one of my co-op quests matches or even comes close to what my neighbors are doing so there have been at least three this week that have lapsed because I couldn't buy the ingredients nor could I ask for them because I either had no help notes or not enough notes. This is unfair. How can you complete quests if you don't have reasonable access to what you need?