Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Dec 29 2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisces16 View Post
I'm having problems at marketplace. I click to hire someone to work but it's not coming up whether they accept or not so I hire another. Go back to my farm and find they are both there working! Is anyone else having this problem.
I have this problem all the time, then get abusive messages from both people, then have to get someone else to complete the job. Driving me NUTS
Clear My Macromedia Files
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...840&farm_ix=17
Old Dec 30 2013, 04:44 AM
Account Not Linked

what i'm getting sick of is sending a hire request and having the person ignore the request (for whatever reason), waiting a minute and hiring someone else - only to have the first person show up on your farm too.

we need Cancel Hire Request button for the people who don't respond so we know we're hiring only 1 person like we want to.

---
as for trees - i won't do trees anymore from the marketplace for 2 reasons:
a) trees spaced badly means way too many clicks for my sore hands
b) i have my own trees and don't need any products, the pay is bad, and there's no xp
Old Jan 08 2014, 01:04 PM

At the very least the request should expire on it's own if it isn't answered after a minute or two at the most. I have noticed that, for me anyway, the requests that I don't get responses to right away are the ones for chopping and fishing.

I know it's been said a dozen times but there needs to be incentive to do trees and flowers and fishing . It's getting harder every day to get someone to chop my trees. My5th farm 18x18 has the most trees of all my farms and it's like pulling teeth trying to get someone to chop it for me. Yes I have a lot of trees there but it isn't stacked or overly full.It takes a minute or 2 at the most with the orange chain saw to do it. If we were given XP's to chop, shake, harvest flowers and fish more people would be willing to do these jobs.People might also be willing to use FC to get the tools needed for those jobs. Why out 40fc for a flower harvester and 35-50 FC for a fishing boat when you're not going to get much in return for the investment.

We also need a limit on how many can be hired for one job. I was hired to H/P a farm along with 4 other people with 8x8 tools and one combine. There is no need for this many people for one 26x26 farm. I'm not being greedy. But with that many people no one is getting anything out of the job. You should only be able to hire one person with tools or 2 or three who don't have tools. If you can wait 2-3 days for that crop to grow than certainly you can wait 2-3 minutes for one person with tools to harvest and plow that field for you.

Last edited by ccheney; Jan 10 2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old Feb 19 2014, 02:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Default abusive players

I'm almost to the point of doing all my own work. I've got 18 farms and its impossible to find one person to do it all, unless I'm lucky enough to find someone who has all the tools and the time to do that many. However recently I've hired several farmers who don't bother to respond to the hire requests in a timely fashion, so then I move on and hire someone else and inevitably its someone who wants to work solo and then gets abusive and calling names because someone else showed up. Seriously what am I supposed to do? That kind of behavior takes the fun out of the game. Nobody is entitled to all the work on my farm but me. I'm really quite sick of the attitudes of a lot of the other players.

Just my two cents.....
Old Feb 19 2014, 03:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurose617 View Post
I'm almost to the point of doing all my own work. I've got 18 farms and its impossible to find one person to do it all, unless I'm lucky enough to find someone who has all the tools and the time to do that many. However recently I've hired several farmers who don't bother to respond to the hire requests in a timely fashion, so then I move on and hire someone else and inevitably its someone who wants to work solo and then gets abusive and calling names because someone else showed up. Seriously what am I supposed to do? That kind of behavior takes the fun out of the game. Nobody is entitled to all the work on my farm but me. I'm really quite sick of the attitudes of a lot of the other players.

Just my two cents.....
On the tools it doesn't matter what tools the other farmer has, you can let them use your tools if you have the higher up tools.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Feb 20 2014, 11:51 AM

ive tried to hire 6 of my low level neighbors today to harvest and plow allowing them to use my tools and none of them can use them when they try to use my tools it says they have to own it to use it i have all the tools and they were able to use them last week
Old Feb 20 2014, 12:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOH View Post
ive tried to hire 6 of my low level neighbors today to harvest and plow allowing them to use my tools and none of them can use them when they try to use my tools it says they have to own it to use it i have all the tools and they were able to use them last week
Restart your farm and try again. A fix for a Flash crash was just done.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 23 2014, 12:01 AM

Default Rude employers?

Not long ago I was hired to harvest plow chop and harvest trees. I got to the farm and started with the trees because for some reason that is the tool that showed up first. Immediately the employers says I need to harvest and plow first then harvest trees and then chop trees. I ignored her. She said it again this time in all caps! I SAID TO HARVEST AND PLOW FIRST! Enough was enough. I walked off the job. Anyone have a similar experience with rude or obnoxious employers?
Old Mar 23 2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
Not long ago I was hired to harvest plow chop and harvest trees. I got to the farm and started with the trees because for some reason that is the tool that showed up first. Immediately the employers says I need to harvest and plow first then harvest trees and then chop trees. I ignored her. She said it again this time in all caps! I SAID TO HARVEST AND PLOW FIRST! Enough was enough. I walked off the job. Anyone have a similar experience with rude or obnoxious employers?
maybe she was waiting to plant again and did not want to be delayed ?
Old Mar 23 2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
maybe she was waiting to plant again and did not want to be delayed ?
If that's the case, you get more flies with honey....
Asking the hired worker to "please harvest/plow first" is likely to get a better result than barking orders.
I've been pretty lucky so far <knock wood> no rude employers.

Farming since May 19, 2009