Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 01 2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannevt View Post
Love all the new stuff however.....
Please take the crops that are about to be usable off the non-ingredients tab. (whimper) I planted artichokes, cauliflower & zucchini so that I would have them in stock when I was able to use them but didn't think about the fact that they were still non-ingredients when I went to market to sell. All gone.

If you are interested in keeping them (items like the Red Maple Sap, Rhubarb, Lentils etc.... you can do the following

- Go to the market as if you were going to sell inventory.

- Click the prompt "Show me your prices"

- When your inventories open, go through them all and CHECK the box of all the items you do NOT want and have NO NEED for.

- then ... you sell only... ONLY the products which you selected - SELL SELECTED.

- Do NOT go to the Non-ingredients pull down to sell stuff.... you will lose the new products, and many others (for example, the Grouper which was useless before, but will be used in a fish facility shortly).

- Periodically, after you sell at the market using the SELL SELECTED, you can also "SELL HALF" of things you have too much of.
Old Aug 01 2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
There's now a glitch in the Facilities Manager screen. When the update first came out, I don't remember having this problem; but it's been there for the past day or two at least. The question mark (?) that gives information about our Diversification Rank is now located directly in the middle of, and over, the place we click to choose All Farms or Current Farm, etc. Every time I try to change this sorting choice, the information screen pops up instead. I have to try several times, carefully placing my cursor to try to avoid hitting the (?) and getting the drop-down menu to display instead.

Please fix this glitch ASAP.. just as you promptly fixed a similar display problem with the information bubbles over icons in the Store.
My question mark is just to the left of the filter. It is very small but not on top of the filter selector.
This is new which might indicate they are about to release something more on the diversity.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 01 2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
My question mark is just to the left of the filter. It is very small but not on top of the filter selector.
This is new which might indicate they are about to release something more on the diversity.
That's interesting, Taz. I just assumed that the (?) was appearing in the same place for all players. I know for sure that it wasn't a problem before the recent update (on my computer), and I haven't changed any display settings recently. The filter selector icons are now overlapping my number for Best, so apparently there's no room now to show my (?) to the left of the filter selector. I have the same problem in windowed mode and full screen mode.

I hope others will report here if they have the same display problem that I do. I use Google Chrome on a laptop with the Windows 7 OS... server WF32 (recently changed to this one, and not happy about it). My farms are linked to the forums, so maybe a moderator could check to see if my FM display problem appears when they check on a different computer?
Old Aug 01 2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbussard View Post
I got several replies about the problem with the names of everyone that sends you a gift and wants you to send one back or visit them on the bottom of the farmtown screen making it hard to see you whole farm screen.n Can't find anyone that has answered this problem and how to hide or get rid of it.
Hey, I like it where it is, I really appreciate it being there. I can send presents to more than the 26 that is the limit on presents from the regular 'send' box.
If you take this away from us then at least take away the limit from the 'send gifts' area, which would not be a bad way to do things.
I don't send gifts to 'everyone', of my friends, because not all of my friends [or even farming friends] send gifts back, and that would really mess up the game. To have so many gifts in the system. But we do need a way to send gifts to at least the people who work or send us gifts. This is basic appreciation and this country needs more of this 'attitude'.

Thanks again for giving us a great game.
Old Aug 01 2011, 10:43 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
That's interesting, Taz. I just assumed that the (?) was appearing in the same place for all players. I know for sure that it wasn't a problem before the recent update (on my computer), and I haven't changed any display settings recently. The filter selector icons are now overlapping my number for Best, so apparently there's no room now to show my (?) to the left of the filter selector. I have the same problem in windowed mode and full screen mode.

I hope others will report here if they have the same display problem that I do. I use Google Chrome on a laptop with the Windows 7 OS... server WF32 (recently changed to this one, and not happy about it). My farms are linked to the forums, so maybe a moderator could check to see if my FM display problem appears when they check on a different computer?
Caren,

Empty some of your finished products and it will move back to the left. When you have too many done the extra digit moves the question mark over. I noticed it as well but when I emptied items it moved the ? back to the right place.
Old Aug 01 2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSLewis View Post
Caren,

Empty some of your finished products and it will move back to the left. When you have too many done the extra digit moves the question mark over. I noticed it as well but when I emptied items it moved the ? back to the right place.
I see what you mean, and I'll try that. It did occur to me that my Best rank number went to another digit (over 10,000) after purchasing new facilities in the recent update... and that is probably contributing to my display problem. If that's the case.. and if you're right, too... then it is a glitch for the developers to fix.
Old Aug 01 2011, 11:05 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Betty Nelson View Post
Hey, I like it where it is, I really appreciate it being there. I can send presents to more than the 26 that is the limit on presents from the regular 'send' box.
If you take this away from us then at least take away the limit from the 'send gifts' area, which would not be a bad way to do things.
I don't send gifts to 'everyone', of my friends, because not all of my friends [or even farming friends] send gifts back, and that would really mess up the game. To have so many gifts in the system. But we do need a way to send gifts to at least the people who work or send us gifts. This is basic appreciation and this country needs more of this 'attitude'.

Thanks again for giving us a great game.
Send gifts was said to be a facebook limit.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 01 2011, 11:55 AM

Smile

I am amused at myself... I check my facilities several times each day to see if they have added any of the new items (i.e. maple syrup, etc) and implemented the next wave of the new release. I planted all of the crops that were non-facility before just to be ready, added the Red Mable and Pistachio trees, and have not sold any of the non-ingredient items since a few days before the new release. So I am as prepared as I can be... now just waiting and anticipating the new updates. Just a little funny that I am this way about this silly game... but I am and it is what it is! Thanks for making the game a lot of fun and entertaining.
Old Aug 01 2011, 01:29 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames79 View Post
I am amused at myself... I check my facilities several times each day to see if they have added any of the new items (i.e. maple syrup, etc) and implemented the next wave of the new release. I planted all of the crops that were non-facility before just to be ready, added the Red Mable and Pistachio trees, and have not sold any of the non-ingredient items since a few days before the new release. So I am as prepared as I can be... now just waiting and anticipating the new updates. Just a little funny that I am this way about this silly game... but I am and it is what it is! Thanks for making the game a lot of fun and entertaining.
You are SOOOO not alone!!!
Old Aug 01 2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
Send gifts was said to be a facebook limit.
When I send gifts, I click on 26 neighbors and "send". When my farm starts to open, I go right back to "send gifts", click on the next 26 neighbors on the list, send, and so on until all neighbors have disappeared from the list. I usually send twice a day to about 70 neighbors.
Closed Thread