Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 12 2019, 08:12 AM

Default Job Marketplace

I have no farmers on my Marketplace to work my farms?
Old Jul 12 2019, 09:02 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABANAN View Post
I have no farmers on my Marketplace to work my farms?
Hi BABANAN,

I have moved your post to the thread about the Markets.

The most likely cause of this tends to be that the language in your game preferences has changed to another language. I had a look at your game data and it is not set to either of the English languages so you need to change that.

Click on the preferences icon, where you would go to show or hide crops trees etc and look at the bottom of the Preferences window. For Language it needs to be set to either English (US) or English (UK).

Change it to one of them and then click the green check mark to save. Reload the game and then check the market again.
Old Jul 12 2019, 09:48 PM

Default Job Marketplace

I have no farmers on the above marketplace to work my farms. I have refreshed, turned off the computer and used different locations to work on Farm Town. Can you help me as to what I can do?
Old Jul 12 2019, 10:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABANAN View Post
I have no farmers on the above marketplace to work my farms. I have refreshed, turned off the computer and used different locations to work on Farm Town. Can you help me as to what I can do?
Hi Babanan,
I moved your post to the subject thread about markets.

The most likely cause of this tends to be that the language in your game preferences has changed to another language. I had a look at your game data and it is not set to either of the English languages so you need to change that.

Click on the preferences icon, where you would go to show or hide crops trees etc and look at the bottom of the Preferences window. For Language it needs to be set to either English (US) or English (UK).

Change it to one of them and then click the green check mark to save. Reload the game and then check the market again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 13 2019, 07:00 AM

Thank you so much the English was the problem.
Old Jul 13 2019, 06:06 PM

Last night I went to the market and was hired by a person to fish for them. It took forever to load the farm which is understandable since she had several layers of oceans and big lakes. When I was hired the person said I would use their fuel and tools. Great. I ended up using over 900,000 gal. of fuel. I made 1,093,110,400 coins. Was suppose to earn 91,722 Xps. I got the coins but I didn't get the xps which would have moved me up a level. Now today I'm working my farms and I check my xps......it said I need 147,??? xps for the next level. I continued working my farms thinking I should have gained a level. I check my xps now it says I need 384,??? xps to the next level. What is going on with the xps?
Old Jul 13 2019, 06:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Easter View Post
Last night I went to the market and was hired by a person to fish for them. It took forever to load the farm which is understandable since she had several layers of oceans and big lakes. When I was hired the person said I would use their fuel and tools. Great. I ended up using over 900,000 gal. of fuel. I made 1,093,110,400 coins. Was suppose to earn 91,722 Xps. I got the coins but I didn't get the xps which would have moved me up a level. Now today I'm working my farms and I check my xps......it said I need 147,??? xps for the next level. I continued working my farms thinking I should have gained a level. I check my xps now it says I need 384,??? xps to the next level. What is going on with the xps?
Hi Paula,
I checked your data and you did get the 91,722. According to your data you have 145,912,297. For the next level (973) you need 146,297,000. When you get into the higher levels each requires a higher amount of experience then the previous levels did so it takes longer to advance.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 14 2019, 12:57 AM

Default Market pop-up windows not appearing when hiring

I'm having a problem with the market, or hiring specifically, or the game running slowly. My farms and tools etc. are loading normally, or I'd have just assumed the latter... stuck a pin in the issues list and hit this one

In the past few to several days, the market has sometimes frozen on me (I know it has happened when the farmers stop moving). Occasionally I get as far as joining, but fail to enter, and just re-loading the market doesn't work - I have to go home and come back. And, not always, but more often than not, I send a hire request to someone and there is no response. Their avatar is still there, the highlight color turns from orange to yellow as expected, but there is no acceptance or refusal notice. Sometimes sending a second notice gets a response ... and sometimes the farmer is actually at my farm, already working! This created quite a bit of confusion for me early on, and is still creating a certain amount of formerly unnecessary re-loading, going back and forth to my farm to make sure I'm not double-hiring. Weird stuff like this usually goes away after a while, but this one seems to want to pick out curtains.

---??
Old Jul 14 2019, 03:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.S View Post
I'm having a problem with the market, or hiring specifically, or the game running slowly. My farms and tools etc. are loading normally, or I'd have just assumed the latter... stuck a pin in the issues list and hit this one

In the past few to several days, the market has sometimes frozen on me (I know it has happened when the farmers stop moving). Occasionally I get as far as joining, but fail to enter, and just re-loading the market doesn't work - I have to go home and come back. And, not always, but more often than not, I send a hire request to someone and there is no response. Their avatar is still there, the highlight color turns from orange to yellow as expected, but there is no acceptance or refusal notice. Sometimes sending a second notice gets a response ... and sometimes the farmer is actually at my farm, already working! This created quite a bit of confusion for me early on, and is still creating a certain amount of formerly unnecessary re-loading, going back and forth to my farm to make sure I'm not double-hiring. Weird stuff like this usually goes away after a while, but this one seems to want to pick out curtains.

---??
Hi George.S,

Is this happening after you have had the game open for quite a while and then go to market, or is it happening as soon as you load the game? If the game freezes on you, try closing the tab the game is loaded in and then reopen and go straight to market.

Please also try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Also clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start. That should clear out any data that may be causing a problem.

Regarding your not knowing if someone hired has started working for you, you should be getting a game notification that they are working. If you are not getting that then the clearing I have asked you to do will probably help with that as well.

There is another way to check if someone has arrived at your farm and started working, without you needing to go home and look for them. You need to give them enough time to get there and start work, if you have heavy farms then give it a few minutes as some users will have difficulty loading those and it will take longer for them to get there and load whatever they need to be able to start work.

After you have given them enough time to start work do the following:

Either go through the process of hiring someone again and check both Show Work Info and Show User Info to see if anyone is working on your farms OR you can do it from the Home icon.
  • Click on the Home icon bottom right of your game screen.

• Then click on "SHOW NAMES". A window will open showing you all your farms.

• Click on "Show Work Info" and that will show you what work is still needing to be done on your farms.

• Then click on "Show User Info".
  • If there is someone on your farms with work on a blue dot will indicate which farm they are on and if they are "Working, Connected", "Working, Disconnected" or are "Idle, Connected"

Last edited by Tiger; Jul 14 2019 at 03:55 AM.
Old Jul 14 2019, 03:52 PM

Default chat box in market

why, even when I have cleared the cache and reloaded the game does the text in the box either in the market or when sending messages to farmers on their farms type in really slowly

Tags
can't hire from farm, can't see anyone on farm, change language, market place, messages