Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 14 2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
I think some of yall need to re-read the op. The OP is talking about trying to hire someone and other sending her hire request. Going to the market in offline mode will not fix that problem for her because there wouldn't be anyone in the mp for her to hire. As for splitting the mp up I don't know how you could separate the people looking to hire from the ones wanting work they need to be in the same place.
The only thing you can split up is having a market to hire/be hired and a separate one to sell.

I realize going in offline to sell (to keep the market from being so crowded) sounds basic to those of us who visit here and know to go offline, but most players don't come here, so separate markets could help quite a bit.
Old Aug 14 2010, 01:25 PM

Lately I've been having problems with hiring someone and then not getting the confirmation and then I hire someone else and then I have two people doing it and my farm isn't really that big. Anyone else having that too?
Old Aug 14 2010, 01:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
The only thing you can split up is having a market to hire/be hired and a separate one to sell.

I realize going in offline to sell (to keep the market from being so crowded) sounds basic to those of us who visit here and know to go offline, but most players don't come here, so separate markets could help quite a bit.
The point of my post was to point out that the op was not selling stuff in the market or even talking about selling stuff in the market yet everyone was like just go there in offline mode. Going there in offline mode would do her no good since she would be in an empty market place so there would be no one there for her to hire. The op said this in her post.

Quote:
It would be ideal to find a way to separate the "hirers" from the "hirees" to simplify the process.
I was just pointing out that I don't see how that is possible to do in the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 14 2010, 02:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to MissChaz

Standing behind the tent where no one can click on you, is your best option for trying to hire someone without being spammed with hires into oblivion lol. It works for me just fine.
Old Aug 15 2010, 03:33 AM

Default I find it very annoying when.......

I hire someone to harvest from the marketplace because no friend or buddy is online, we go to my farm I tell them "I have 5 farms for you to harvest" they harvest the first farm and then I get "thanks" and they leave!!!!!!!

Today I have hired 6 people to harvest and plow 5 farms, I even stated in the market place I had 5 farms to harvest solo and the first 2 people only harvested 1 farm thanked me and left!!!!!

Farming since July 2 2009
Old Aug 15 2010, 04:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to MissChaz

You would love me to work for you then! Its hard to find someone who will allow you to harvest/plow and solo all their farms....Come to my farm and leave me a note and when I'm on I will add you as a buddy and you can call on me anytime!
Old Aug 15 2010, 05:06 AM

u know what i hate more? the ones who demand to work SOLO only.. when your trying to get 5 farms harvested, you want it done quick.. im thinking those greedy little suckers miss out on a lot of work, ir efuse to hire them.... or sometimes i hire them and watch themleave in a huff... idiots

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Aug 15 2010, 06:01 AM

Oh I know how u feel.....Or you hire to harvest then plow and after harvesting you hire to plow and you get "no thanks"....To many ppl on top level who just want the crops and don't want the xps.....
Old Aug 15 2010, 06:08 AM

Not everyone has time to harvest and plow five farms. And sometimes other things happen. The phone rings...the baby wakes up...you never know, so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik View Post
I hire someone to harvest from the marketplace because no friend or buddy is online, we go to my farm I tell them "I have 5 farms for you to harvest" they harvest the first farm and then I get "thanks" and they leave!!!!!!!

Today I have hired 6 people to harvest and plow 5 farms, I even stated in the market place I had 5 farms to harvest solo and the first 2 people only harvested 1 farm thanked me and left!!!!!
Old Aug 15 2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik View Post

I couldn't find anyone at all today, so did it myself. I got fed up asking. Usually the mornings in Aus are OK, especially on weekdays. But today.......