Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjyhey3 View Post
The post didn't mention FaceBook, it indicated a post here in the Forum...I took it literally because of the way I read it...I apologized once and again now.
no problem byhey

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 25 2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
JuliaK

I understand what you are saying about not wanting to be at farm town all day waiting on and moving ships, and I do not expect you to. On the days I work I will check it before I leave for work and when I get home, there is not other option. If you don't want to check it all day that is fine, I would just check and move what ships you have in the morning and maybe sometime in the evening.
Hi Tom, I am not only talking about my neighbours ships but also mine.. if you want to take advantage of the supplies the ships can give you then you have to work them and the way I see it because of only working one ship in a 24 hours period, and if you have 7 ships, then when the last one leaves you are ready again to send the first one off on another voyage... The trains are great and maybe the ships need to work on the same principles...you send them on their way and you choose which neighbours, and then you wait... ps: one of my ships are docked at your seaport lol
Old Dec 25 2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Maybe a preference could be added whereby the player chooses whether or not he/she wants to be part of the ships operation. If a player opts out, ships would not be sent to their port (and they wouldn't be able to dispatch ships, either). If a player knows they are going to be away from FT for a while, they could choose to opt out temporarily.
or have an option for a SN to load a neighbors ship for you if you will be away for a few days

**My neighbors' list is full but I can still accept so I am your neighbor but will have to add you as a buddy on my end of the game. I have plenty of room for buddies.
Old Dec 25 2016, 08:03 PM

My first ship has set in the first port for 1.4 days now with no activity. I looked up this neighbor and found he is no longer active on farmtown, actually he has not played since Jul 2012. In my neighbor list he is showing as level 0 with no active date. when I checked the instructions given for the ships when released I see the following
"Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last. "
How could a neighbor that has played since Jul 2012 be considered my most active neighbor. Something is definitely wrong with the selection process.
Not ready to give up on ships yet, but there needs to be some fixes applies.
Old Dec 25 2016, 08:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw99 View Post
My first ship has set in the first port for 1.4 days now with no activity. I looked up this neighbor and found he is no longer active on farmtown, actually he has not played since Jul 2012. In my neighbor list he is showing as level 0 with no active date. when I checked the instructions given for the ships when released I see the following
"Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last. "
How could a neighbor that has played since Jul 2012 be considered my most active neighbor. Something is definitely wrong with the selection process.
Not ready to give up on ships yet, but there needs to be some fixes applies.
Hi Pawpaw,
They would not have been on the list unless they had at least opened their farms recently, even if it is just to look. Since their status isn't showing for you then I am guessing you asked them to find out they have not played since July 2012.
That said, the developers are looking into coming up with a better way to select the neighbors for port stops. Please be patient while they work on this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 25 2016, 08:30 PM

Here are a couple of solutions to several problems that exist in the cargo ship portion of the game... 1. on screen notification (live) to tell farmers that a ship is in port. similar to the blue dot for the Co-op Quests. 2. An opt out/in feature in the tools drop down similar to the Funeral Supply / Home Facilities. This would have to default as Out to be fair to farmers sending out ships so the ships will only stop at a farm of someone that wants to play this portion of the game. Happy Holidays to all.
Old Dec 25 2016, 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by village idiot View Post
Here are a couple of solutions to several problems that exist in the cargo ship portion of the game... 1. on screen notification (live) to tell farmers that a ship is in port. similar to the blue dot for the Co-op Quests. 2. An opt out/in feature in the tools drop down similar to the Funeral Supply / Home Facilities. This would have to default as Out to be fair to farmers sending out ships so the ships will only stop at a farm of someone that wants to play this portion of the game. Happy Holidays to all.
Hi village idiot,
You do have notification when you have a ship in your port. You get a red circle with a number in it on your toolbox. When you open the toolbox the red circle and number is on your seaport manager.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:00 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

have found that the container bringing the biggest number of products back is the Ore, Rocks and Minerals. Mine has 23,183 at the moment and if it manages to get to Port 30, will have 33,114. It has 4 days to go.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi village idiot,
You do have notification when you have a ship in your port. You get a red circle with a number in it on your toolbox. When you open the toolbox the red circle and number is on your seaport manager.
that is what is supposed to happen...not necessarily happening... I have been getting red circles since yesterday and only twice when I have looked has there been any ships for me to work on...so maybe a little glitch somewhere... I just reopened by farmtown, the no 4 was displaying but no ships in port...
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaK View Post
that is what is supposed to happen...not necessarily happening... I have been getting red circles since yesterday and only twice when I have looked has there been any ships for me to work on...so maybe a little glitch somewhere... I just reopened by farmtown, the no 4 was displaying but no ships in port...
Hi JuliaK,
If you open and the ship is not there then that is one from where you are their neighbor, but they are not yours. Currently as soon as you open the seaport manager for those then they are automatically loaded for you. That is why they are not there.
Closed Thread