Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Feb 20 2021, 09:51 AM

Default Grid Layout

What about the Grid Layout farm design? 1 square used to gray out when you placed a pond or tree or flower there or even turn red to show that the square was taken.

when is that feature going to be reinstalled? because i can't see where i placed my ponds and lakes and trees and flowers on the grid layout. please fix this.

thank you
Old Feb 20 2021, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer David Smith View Post
What about the Grid Layout farm design? 1 square used to gray out when you placed a pond or tree or flower there or even turn red to show that the square was taken.

when is that feature going to be reinstalled? because i can't see where i placed my ponds and lakes and trees and flowers on the grid layout. please fix this.

thank you
Hi David,
That feature I am sure will be added in time when they get to it. Right now the developers are working on other major functions of the game to get them added back in. Thank you for your patience.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 20 2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Lovebirds is this section under any thing such as buildings, trees or flowers? If so then we can not help you with the layering there.
If it is in the open with nothing else on top then you will need to delete the plots in that area, restart your farms and delete any more that show up there, then repeat until none are left and then you should be able to replow and plant.
Nope. Just open field. I'll delete and replace. TY!!
Old Feb 20 2021, 10:04 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilie224 View Post
Hi Tiger, I hope I got this testing right for you based on your instructions and my interpretation
Ran tests on quest/default farm if that matters. Single plots (not layered). Self planted with tools (see list below).
For all tests, the crops DID show as growing on first reload and second reload. Here are the tools I used:
*Yellow extended seeder only - alfafa
*Red 256 seeder only - cassava
*White h/p/sow (combine) - basil
*Red h/p/sow (combine) - hibiscus
Planted with irrigation, so I won't know if grows fully for 4 hours, and I work today, so may not be able to give update til late afternoon (if you need it)
Hi smilie224,

Thank you for additional information, so you've got no problems planting seeds with combines or seeder on your own farms. When you have time to check, please check what you see for irrigation on those and see if the timings are behaving correctly for you now.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Feb 20 2021, 10:13 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
Thank you Tiger. Another thing with the planting for a SN. I also get that issue, and I use just the seeder, the highest one that they have, and it will let you plant normally, even though it won't let you hide the crops so we have to use the eye at the bottom to see what crops we have done, anyway it plants ok, but the issue is is when reloading the farm that you've just planted it reverts back to plows like it hasn't been seeded.
Hi Alexandra,

In case you have not read the later posts here. For the time being SNs will not be able to plant unless you or they own one of the planting combines as it seems to be just the seeders with the issue. You will have to plant those farms yourself in that case.

With the single layer tools you do need the eye half closed for the crops to hide as you plant, fully open if you don't want to hide them. That's the old eye method when the closed eye was removed. We don't know when those eyes change back to the black or red ones yet.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Feb 20 2021, 10:22 AM

Thanks, first, for all the work y'all are doing. I'm using Chrome & when I opened Milking Supplies and then opened to see what could be made with lanolin, the screen showing udder cream has no x at top right---in fact, no right side, so that image can't be closed. My ID is: 1348106720 - Shirley PS - I made a screen print but I need to upload it from my computer - there's no URL, which is the only option for inserting images. ;(
Old Feb 20 2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi sue benz,

Please have your sister open the Facility Manger and click on the Funnel top right and make sure that it is set like this. If it's, not she needs to change it to those settings and then click the green check mark to save the changes.

Thanks that worked
now just need the fix for the seeder on SN farms since we don't have the combine option available
Old Feb 20 2021, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Clover View Post
Thanks, first, for all the work y'all are doing. I'm using Chrome & when I opened Milking Supplies and then opened to see what could be made with lanolin, the screen showing udder cream has no x at top right---in fact, no right side, so that image can't be closed. My ID is: 1348106720 - Shirley PS - I made a screen print but I need to upload it from my computer - there's no URL, which is the only option for inserting images. ;(
Hi Zany Clover,
I checked and can not duplicate this. I have the X to close it. What do you have your browser zoom set on the game tab? If it is too high then the X may be off the screen.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 20 2021, 10:40 AM

minor bug userID for that farm is 100002591464732

In the facilities manager, when I get to the Rubber factory and click into it (I don't have tools so I have to click in), I don't get any blue buttons to start production. I can go to the actual facility on farm2 and open it from there to start, but not within the FM
Old Feb 20 2021, 10:56 AM

Default facility manager and irrigation

When I go to facility manager and harvest all ...I still have to manually do farms 1,2,7, .... also when my super neighbor waters my farm I still have to go back to my farm and water farms 1, 2, 7 ....please help

Thanks Joane
Closed Thread