Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old Oct 10 2017, 09:26 PM

Default How to Become a Millionaire - Inquiring Minds

Hi Everyone - I started playing FT at the very beginning; but, had to stop for a long while because of real life commitments that didn't allow much extra time. I've started playing again in the last couple of months and there are so many changes; but, I love them! My dilemma is that I need to know how to make more $$ so I can expand my farms. The expansions that cost in the billions seem impossible; but, I see others with farms that size; so, there must be a way. Can anyone offer advice on how to make money? I can't afford to buy a whole lot of FC items; but, have purchased some with my money and with the FC earned. I hang out with Tom to get hired as much as possible. I work my farms and facilities constantly. What am I missing?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 11 2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsiecat323 View Post
Hi Everyone - I started playing FT at the very beginning; but, had to stop for a long while because of real life commitments that didn't allow much extra time. I've started playing again in the last couple of months and there are so many changes; but, I love them! My dilemma is that I need to know how to make more $$ so I can expand my farms. The expansions that cost in the billions seem impossible; but, I see others with farms that size; so, there must be a way. Can anyone offer advice on how to make money? I can't afford to buy a whole lot of FC items; but, have purchased some with my money and with the FC earned. I hang out with Tom to get hired as much as possible. I work my farms and facilities constantly. What am I missing?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Working other people's facility posts helps to give you products to stock your own. Selling non ingredients gives me a lot of coins. Post your regular facilities so you can stock your service facilities, then when you cash out the service facilities you get a lot of coins. That's how I get my coins...I hope this helps you.
Old Oct 11 2017, 02:35 PM

I have been playing for over 8 years too.... since the summer of '09.

I was in the habit of buying every facility, and multiples of a number of them.... but not really posting all the time. When I did, the facilities were usually all at 100%.

But I too needed to either acquire a LOT of coin to expand, or spend a lot of real money for FC. I did a lot of the latter And then they yellow and the green hand came out.

Now, I buy multiples (like 5,6,7 or more) of every coin facility, and usually only one of each of the FC facilities. With the green hand I am able to "stack" 100 or more facilities in a very small area on each of about 6-8 farms. And I now do that on every new farm from #30 on. That will answer only the issue of producing a lot to get more coin.

However, I need a lot of crops and fruit and fish etc to fill those facilities. So I have lots of crops space... in fact 4 farms are max size and staggered 9x9 to produce over 75,000 each of a crop at each harvest. And all my crop areas are 9x9 and I have not had any problems because I do NOT lay buildings on top of trees on top of flowers etc.

If you visit my farms you might see a lot of trees too.... I use coin to buy a lot, and gift sites and gifting to get the others (like cherry, banana, walnut, etc)

It is a progress, and it takes time. Happy farming.

Old Oct 11 2017, 07:38 PM

Thank you both so much. These are definitely some things I will try. Greatly appreciate it!
Old Oct 11 2017, 08:39 PM

Hi there,

Not sure what level you are, but for coins, a Bank on every farm helps as do multiple Irish restaurants. If you have a train(s), the Long Quarry Car will produce a lot of salable ore. Planting Chia will gain you 1660 coins per plot if you fertilize and hire out the harvest. Although layering farms is not supported by FT, it works well for gaining exponential amounts of coins and the FT dev's did provide the new Ex tools for quick planting and harvesting.
Old Oct 12 2017, 10:36 PM

Thanks so much, Dan! I will put these suggestions to work!
Old Oct 17 2017, 11:25 PM

I see someone has already mentioned having a bank on every farm. My other tip is to have lots of the flowers that don't have a use yet. I get a lot of coins that way since I fertilize and irrigate. I can harvest flowers every other day.
Old Oct 19 2017, 10:02 PM

Thanks, Kathy! I haven't thought about flowers that don't have a use. I will start planting!