Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 29 2020, 03:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Default My Requests and Gifts

While I'm able to read a couple of people's posts on my requests, I can't seem to post anything.
I also cannot accept any gifts. Help please.
Old Mar 29 2020, 03:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneC View Post
While I'm able to read a couple of people's posts on my requests, I can't seem to post anything.
I also cannot accept any gifts. Help please.
Hi LeanneC,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gift problems.
If you are using Chrome these are known problems. There is information and suggestions to try in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442

If you are using a different browser you need to allow cookies and pop ups in the browser. The following link has instructions on how to do that for the more popular browsers:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you are using Edge, IE or Safari there is information about those in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 29 2020, 09:35 PM

I cannot accept gifts using Safari Browser. The beginning of this situation began at about the same time as when the issue started with the Chrome Browser.
At that time I posted this issue under that issue.
I cannot find a response to my post nor can I find my post.
Old Mar 29 2020, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kay View Post
I cannot accept gifts using Safari Browser. The beginning of this situation began at about the same time as when the issue started with the Chrome Browser.
At that time I posted this issue under that issue.
I cannot find a response to my post nor can I find my post.
Hi Steve Kay,
I answered your post about this. You can find your posts by following the instructions in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

You can find the information about Safari in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 30 2020, 01:24 AM

I've tried Chrome, Safari & FF, they all do it. I've tried on a Mac & PC with the same results. It used to do it once in a while, now it has been doing it longer than ever before. Cookies & popups are allowed on all. I've seen others say the same thing, sometimes it just starts & stops. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi dougw,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gift problems.
If you are using Chrome this is a known problem. There is information and suggestions to try in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442

If you are using a different browser you need to allow cookies and pop ups in the browser. The following link has instructions on how to do that for the more popular browsers:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you are using Edge, IE or Safari there is information about those in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Old Mar 30 2020, 03:40 AM

I now have 45 gifts in my inbox, I can only accept 50 the thing is I cannot accept them as it keeps telling me an error has occured try agin later I have tried everything n no good please help.
Old Mar 30 2020, 05:39 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
I now have 45 gifts in my inbox, I can only accept 50 the thing is I cannot accept them as it keeps telling me an error has occured try agin later I have tried everything n no good please help.
Hi iceberg,

I have moved your post to hep and support for gifts as you have already posted the same thing in the new release thread.

There is a problem with are using Chrome browser for many at the moment. If you are using that browser the easiest thing for you to do is switch to using another browser for the time being at least for gifting, if that's the only issue you are having with Chrome at this time. Or if you are able to download Facebook Gameroom you could try using that just to get your gifts.

The post in this link will take you to all the issues with using Chrome browser and what has been tried and some alternative suggestions. That is also the post we will update as we get information: Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 - Current Issues

If you are not using Chrome, please still click on the link and try Items 1 through 3 for the browser that you are using.
Old Mar 30 2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
This is the same problem I am having, I've tried everything including different browsers & also a PC instead of my Mac with the same result & same error message.
Old Mar 30 2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw View Post
This is the same problem I am having, I've tried everything including different browsers & also a PC instead of my Mac with the same result & same error message.
Hi dougw

I'm sorry you are having so many problems. Chrome browser issue is affecting many of us, including me. If you tried another browser as Firefox, you also need to allow 3rd party cookies and pop ups in Firefox.

You have instructions on how to do this in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

I have been accepting gifts and trains through my mobile with Puffin browser without problems, so you could try that too.

Also you could try Facebook Gameroom as an alternative. It is PC desktop application compatible with Windows 7 and above, that you can download easily and it will place a Facebook Gameroom Icon on your desktop which gives you access to all your Facebook games.
  • However, it is not available for Mac users at this time, Facebook will only consider making it available for Mac users based on player demand.
  • As Gameroom is not fully supported yet, you may also find that some information will not display or some popups may not show up in there.
  • You will not be able to open up several tabs to do things like work several facility work requests at the same time, you will have to do those one at a time and then click again on the My Request tab to get back to the Show FarmTown Wall Requests link to work another one.
  • If you don't want to use a different browser, than this application is certainly sufficient for accepting and returning your gifts and posting to the Show FarmTown Wall Requests for your friends.
Gameroom was initially intended to work flawlessly for all games but is not always the case.

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Mar 30 2020, 03:33 PM

Question error, can NOT get gifts

have not been able to receive or send gifts in a week, I am not sure why I have to do something different all of a sudden. Did something change? I feel like as long as I have been doing this, it shouldn't now be a problem. Plz walk me through what I have to do to fix this,because I don't know how to fix it. Message says error, keep tryingVeda Wright

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows