Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 16 2020, 12:53 AM

Default Problems with accepting gifts and posting facilities

I have been unable to collect my gifts that others send me.
Gifts: on FT on FB when I accept the gifts, when I clk to accept them, I get the error message, "An error has occurred. Please try again later." That includes trains too! Later doesn't work either! I have gone to the FB gameroom to accept the gifts.

Last edited by Tiger; Mar 16 2020 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Splitting post to move into in correct thread for each issue
Old Mar 16 2020, 05:47 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophercilley View Post
I have been unable to collect my gifts that others send me.
Gifts: on FT on FB when I accept the gifts, when I clk to accept them, I get the error message, "An error has occurred. Please try again later." That includes trains too! Later doesn't work either! I have gone to the FB gameroom to accept the gifts.
Hi christophercilley,

As I am not sure which post you will see first, some things I will be repeating. I apologise for that but we have no way of knowing that information.

When you have more than one different issue please make a separate post for each one as we keep all related posts in the same thread which is easier for the developers to see any trend with a particular issue and to help other members search less threads to find the one they need.

Your Gift issue I have moved to this thread which is Help and Support for Gifting. Your other Issue has been copied to Help and Support for Newsfeed & Wall Request Posts.

As I am not sure what you have already tried please understand I may suggest something you have already done.

If you are using Chrome as your browser please click on this link for information and suggestions you can try:
Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 - Gift error

If the 1st 3 items do not resolve your issue and you don't want to do the rest you will have to use another browser at least for gifting making sure that cookies and popups are also allowed in the browser you choose. An alternative to Chrome is Opera which is very similar, and unlike Edge even if you do not install the FarmTown Flash enabler on it, it will remember your flash setting until you close the browser.

Even if you are not using Chrome you can still try the 1st 3 items listed in that post for the browser you are using.

In case you need instructions on how to find your posts on the forum, for example your other issue, here's the link to help you with that: Where's My Post Gone?

Last edited by Tiger; Mar 16 2020 at 06:04 AM.
Old Mar 16 2020, 07:25 AM

Default chrome nor edge works

what other browser available??
Old Mar 16 2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsigler25 @yahoo.com View Post
what other browser available??
Hi jsigler25

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts, as I think you have problems getting them using Chrome.

I dont know what you have done up now, but maybe you can try the suggestions given in the following thread as we know some farmers are having problems with the last Chrome update:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442

If you like Chrome then an alternative browser is Opera which is very similar, and unlike Edge even if you do not install the FarmTown Flash enabler on it, it will remember your flash setting until you close the browser.

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Mar 16 2020, 04:09 PM

Default Using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.137 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I just started having trouble receiving my gifts about 4 days ago. I cannot use another browser and using Version 80.0.3987.137 (Official Build) (64-bit) as I am using a Dell Chromebook.

Any suggestions? I have been playing FT since 2009 and would hate to stop playing now.

Kathy
Old Mar 16 2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy5828 View Post
I just started having trouble receiving my gifts about 4 days ago. I cannot use another browser and using Version 80.0.3987.137 (Official Build) (64-bit) as I am using a Dell Chromebook.

Any suggestions? I have been playing FT since 2009 and would hate to stop playing now.

Kathy
Hi Kathy

I'm sorry but I dont use a Chromebook so I cant give you any suggestion about it.

Are you able to uninstall and reinstall Chrome? Is that the latest version for it?

If any of the other moderators have more information about Chromebooks, then they will post here to let you know.

Old Mar 16 2020, 04:45 PM

Thanks. Are you positive this problem has nothing to do with FT still utilizing Flash since none of the browsers support Flash anymore?

No, I can't uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

Yes, this is the most updated version.

Thanks again,

Kathy
Old Mar 16 2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy5828 View Post
Thanks. Are you positive this problem has nothing to do with FT still utilizing Flash since none of the browsers support Flash anymore?

No, I can't uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

Yes, this is the most updated version.

Thanks again,

Kathy
It has nothing to do with Flash as it is not necessary for gifting.

Please check if you have 3rd party cookies and pop ups still allowed in your browser. You have instructions in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

You can also check if you have any addons or extensions for your browser that are not the FarmTown Flash Enabler, try disabling them and then close and reopen the browser and see if that resolves your issue.

If nothing helps you, then you could get Gameroom and do the gifting on that, it's very easy to download, one click and it puts an icon on your screen.

Old Mar 16 2020, 06:59 PM

Unhappy Unable to receive or send gifts

I see gifts sent but cannot accept them or send any back
Old Mar 16 2020, 07:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocosfarm View Post
I see gifts sent but cannot accept them or send any back
Hi cocosfarm,
Are you using Chrome browser? If so we have several with this problem and it seems to be only Chrome with the probem. Please read and follow the information and instructions in the following link to try to correct this:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442

If you are using a different browser then you need to make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed in that browser. We have instructions on how to do that for several popular browsers in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you are using Edge, IE or Safari you need to read the information in the following link as those have problems sometimes with gifts:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows