Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 30 2020, 03:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostBlessedNana View Post
have not been able to receive or send gifts in a week, I am not sure why I have to do something different all of a sudden. Did something change? I feel like as long as I have been doing this, it shouldn't now be a problem. Plz walk me through what I have to do to fix this,because I don't know how to fix it. Message says error, keep tryingVeda Wright
Hi Veda,
You have asked about this twice before and we have moved your osts and answered them. I sent you a private message on how to find your posts and the answers just after them. Please read that private message. You can see the notification up under your name in the right hand corner.

There is a problem with are using Chrome browser for many at the moment. If you are using that browser the easiest thing for you to do is switch to using another browser for the time being at least for gifting, if that's the only issue you are having with Chrome at this time. Or if you are able to download Facebook Gameroom you could try using that just to get your gifts.

The post in this link will take you to all the issues with using Chrome browser and what has been tried and some alternative suggestions. That is also the post we will update as we get information: Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 - Current Issues

If you are not using Chrome, please still click on the link and try Items 1 through 3 for the browser that you are using.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 30 2020, 03:53 PM

thank you so much, I am not real computer savvy, did not even see the last message or didn't even know mne went through, I do use Chrome, what can I change it too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Veda,
You have asked about this twice before and we have moved your osts and answered them. I sent you a private message on how to find your posts and the answers just after them. Please read that private message. You can see the notification up under your name in the right hand corner.

There is a problem with are using Chrome browser for many at the moment. If you are using that browser the easiest thing for you to do is switch to using another browser for the time being at least for gifting, if that's the only issue you are having with Chrome at this time. Or if you are able to download Facebook Gameroom you could try using that just to get your gifts.

The post in this link will take you to all the issues with using Chrome browser and what has been tried and some alternative suggestions. That is also the post we will update as we get information: Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 - Current Issues

If you are not using Chrome, please still click on the link and try Items 1 through 3 for the browser that you are using.
Old Mar 30 2020, 03:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostBlessedNana View Post
thank you so much, I am not real computer savvy, did not even see the last message or didn't even know mne went through, I do use Chrome, what can I change it too?
Hi Veda,
Click on the link I added in my first answer here and that will tell you what you can try. If those don't fix it then you will need to try another browser for gifts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 30 2020, 04:06 PM

Taz, Sorry for missing you response.
I rarely need to use the forum and had forgotten how it works.

Thanks for you help

Steve Kay
Old Mar 30 2020, 08:31 PM

First time in 3 weeks Ive managed to get gifts in /out and exchanged on Chrome :-)
Old Mar 30 2020, 08:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has just posted. They have found a work around for the Chrome issues:

Post Release Updates - March 30th, 8:30PM

- BugFix: Issues with the latest version of Chrome:

a) Can not accept gifts or boost trains
b) When posting facilities or requesting ingredients your post will appear on your friends Facebook profiles but not in their My Request tab inside Farmtown
c) When sending train boost request, after you click the 'Done' button the game will reload itself
Old Mar 30 2020, 11:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I just downloaded Vivaldi, only had to enable the ft flash extension and can do everything with no problems..
Old Mar 30 2020, 11:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I just downloaded Vivaldi, only had to enable the ft flash extension and can do everything with no problems..
Hi Aussie Rae,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the currect release. The developers have released a work around fix for the Chrome problems. Have you tried it to see if it is working now?
Old Mar 31 2020, 01:06 PM

Gifts are not fixed, you can accept and return them once, but after that they remain in queue and cannot be removed
Old Mar 31 2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKStengl View Post
Gifts are not fixed, you can accept and return them once, but after that they remain in queue and cannot be removed

Hi MKStengl

I moved your post to the thread about Gifts.

I just accepted one gift and then all and didnt get any problem and I had the chrome issue.

Please try the following:

Click in this link: https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

When you are on that page, you can click in Accept button for the amount of gifts you think are stuck in your My Requests tab. Please remember that if they have been already accepted then you will not find them in your gift box.
Also, if you have trains, just click in the X.

After doing that, then run memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Check My Requests tab again and just accept 1 gift, reload and see if it is back.

If it is not back then you can try the Accept All button.
If they are back then accept or delete more gifts from the Activity page on Facebook and do the previous steps again.

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows