Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 27 2020, 11:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macladywloo View Post
Due to the issues with Chrome, I have been trying the Opera browser. It works well, but I cannot go to fullscreen mode in FarmTown. When I try, there is no size change and the whole farm area and neighbour bar disappears leaving me with a blank (white) area. I refresh to get the farm back.
I have asked another Opera user and apparently it works fine for him. I work on a Macbook Pro, he works on Windows. Anybody else having fullscreen issues? Any suggestions?
I can, and do, use Firefox successfully, albeit a bit more slowly!
Hi macladywloo,
I moved your post to the subject thread about display issues. I am sorry, but this is one issue you need to contact Opera and maybe Apple about and see if they can figure it out as that isn't something that Farm Town would cause.
You might want to try uninstall Opera and then reinstall it to see if that helps. It could be that the first copy of Opera didn't install correctly.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 01 2020, 09:29 AM
Green Genius ( Level 32 )

Farmer Since: Aug 02 2015
Level:
Trophies: 11
XP:
Angry Wont allow me to change farm name or to type

I go into the market place to look for work but whenever I try to type nothing happens then when I have found work im unable to leave a thank you message as nothing will type. Tried to change my farm name ..but you guessed it .. it wont delete and allow me to type. This was some of the reason I remember quitting before because it became so glitchy... why???

Visit Jolly Spangles's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 01 2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocoLoco View Post
I go into the market place to look for work but whenever I try to type nothing happens then when I have found work im unable to leave a thank you message as nothing will type. Tried to change my farm name ..but you guessed it .. it wont delete and allow me to type. This was some of the reason I remember quitting before because it became so glitchy... why???
Hi PocoLoco

I moved your post to the thread about Display issues.

About your typing problem, it could be because a few reassons.

-. You cant type if you are in full screen, so you need to go back to regular screen.

-. If you are at market and try to type the same thing over and over again, then it will not let you do that.

.- If you are using Chrome as your browser, then you will not see the cursor but you can type anyway. Please read the information we have about this Chrome issue:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636338

Maybe, if you are having the Chrome issue, that is why you have problems deleting and typing a new name to your farms. You just need to click in the box and start typing or deleting.
Please remember you have to be on your farm and in regular screen to change the names.

You can try memcache link to clear your game memory, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farm and check if you can type.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If the problem continues, then you may want to clear your browser cache. You have instructions on how to do that for some browsers in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Apr 02 2020, 09:56 PM

Default adobe flash

Chrome has announced it will not support Adobe Flash after December of this year. How is FT handling this? How will it affect my playing the game? Thanks. :0 )
Old Apr 02 2020, 10:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Grey View Post
Chrome has announced it will not support Adobe Flash after December of this year. How is FT handling this? How will it affect my playing the game? Thanks. :0 )
Hi Peggy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the display.

The developers are already working on movcing the game to another programming language before the end of the support for Flash. The following link has what the developers have told us about this:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641970
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 10 2020, 01:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Has this come up before

I didn't know where to post this...On all of my browsers moving between farms I have to move my mouse around on the screen and to get items to show, trees, crops, etc..I have to do the same. I have Windows 7. I have searched it, but can't find anything on it.
Old Apr 10 2020, 05:57 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1971 View Post
I didn't know where to post this...On all of my browsers moving between farms I have to move my mouse around on the screen and to get items to show, trees, crops, etc..I have to do the same. I have Windows 7. I have searched it, but can't find anything on it.
Hi Dana1971,

I have moved your post to Display issues at that is what you are having a problem with and where your other post about this is that you asked in the past.

It's sounding like you may have a graphics issue or a graphics driver issue or be low on RAM memory. There is not a lot I can I can offer you to try.

If you haven't already tried this, you could clear the browsers history/caches in all browsers so you get a fresh load of graphics the next time you load the game. When you have cleared all the caches please remember to close the browsers for a few minutes to give them time to clear all data.

Then also shut down your computer for a few minutes so that has time to regain some memory back, then reboot and load the game and see if that helped.

If it doesn't and you have access to another computer, try loading the game on that and see if you get the same problems using that one. If you don't have access to another computer and have a trusted friend or family member that you will allow access to your account, you could ask them to try loading your game from your account and see if they have your issues.
Old Apr 18 2020, 10:42 PM

Question Feedback requested

I am wondering if there is something I need to change in my settings. I love FT and play it every day, but I have to run Memcache so often that I have it bookmarked on my bookmark bar. It's not unusual to need to run it 3 or 4 times in a two hour play time, to fix visual issues, mostly. Like crops not visible, or players in the markets missing parts, or lakes showing but not seas, or vice versa, where both are on the farm, or even train engines not showing although they are there. Memcashe usually fixes that but then I have to reload the game which is a time-waister. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old Apr 18 2020, 10:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ View Post
I am wondering if there is something I need to change in my settings. I love FT and play it every day, but I have to run Memcache so often that I have it bookmarked on my bookmark bar. It's not unusual to need to run it 3 or 4 times in a two hour play time, to fix visual issues, mostly. Like crops not visible, or players in the markets missing parts, or lakes showing but not seas, or vice versa, where both are on the farm, or even train engines not showing although they are there. Memcashe usually fixes that but then I have to reload the game which is a time-waister. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Hi KCJ,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about display issues. When you have a problem or question please post them in the Help & Support section instead of in the General Feedback section. Find a subject thread that fits your problem or question and reply to that.

It sounds to me like you are not getting everything loaded when you open your farms. Please try clearing your browser cache as it may not be holding all the graphics that it should. That is where the graphics for everything on your farms are stored. Here is a link to instructions on how to do that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

You can try all the suggestions in the first post of the following thread link as well since this you could be having data dropped when it is sent to you. Be sure to also try the suggestions in the link in that post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Old Apr 29 2020, 04:59 PM

Default Farm Selector not looking right and would it effect expansions of farms

2 of my farms are overlapping one another in my farm selector manager. Would this effect expansions of the farm that has the overlapped farms.

(To play farmtown on iPad & mobile go to the apps store or play store find puffin. Once downloaded go via puffin, go to Facebook, log in as usual then go to farmtown)

Farm Town Memcache: http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

Link to one of my farms: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1959&farm_ix=0

Tags
archived farm, coloured dots, display, display issues, drag farm, eye, farm order, farm stats, full screen, grid colours, mouse, music, normal screen, regular screen, screen size, sound