Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Slash Key is going to do so good because unlike the competition, you guys listen and care about us, and that is good.
Well said!! I've complained here before but I want to say that you guys have done an awesome job!

As for hiring limitations, I'm for them, if the majority doesn't mind. I always only hire one worker per farm, and when I'm working for others, it's generally when the worker count is more than 2 or 3 that things really start going funky or slowing down a lot.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:03 AM
Account Not Linked

I love the new format for harvesting and plowing. It absolutely stops the "shotgun" harvesters from doing their thing. Now everyone has to rely on a quick finger to get the advantage. Thanx for the wonderful change
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiylo View Post
Hello developers I am in agreement with the people who hate the changes at level 60+ and millions of dollars it has taken the challenge out of the game made it more for the younger or people who don’t like a challenge seems these changes are to keep people in their place instead of having fun as for myself I have never lost a dollar or an xp the game was a blast now it take forever to do a harvest or plow and everything is on top of everything to me this game is now a dud.. hard to see with the huge tools and words flying all over the avatar right on top of everything not to mention it feels like your under someone’s thumb not this girl I will be finding another game seems the game has had a lot of creativity taken out of it along with the challenge of it humm could be a meany phoo but why you all know why the changes. I know what your saying the changes are for but those of us who play the game hard know better. People make things up so it looks better well it looks worse and the play has gone out of it thanks for what was a grand game it really is to bad it was the best game out their till now…The game has now become so pathetic!
i think you missed the point of this thread. This is the thread giving feedback to the devs on which way would be better for the reversion back to what it was before today's update.

do you want the reversion with or without the alternative they have mentioned. This is a time to give a little feedback on a way to improve the previous way the game was, not the new and unimproved way.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaDementia View Post
OK....reality check...now you want to tell people HOW to harvest?? Is everyone forgetting this is a game?

Look...If I want to hire only one person, I'll hire only one....if I want to hire 3 I'll hire 3. That should be my choice. I agree with the person who said if people get hired with more people than they want to work with, then they can leave. What happened to personal responsibility. As for those with slower connections/computers, well, that's life. With any game, some will have advantages. Should I be penalized because I may click faster or have a faster connection? Why not just give different colored jumpers to those who only want to work alone. Then they can decide and I know not to hire them. But as for a few people who want to work by themselves, I should not have to play the game just the way THEY want it played.

I appreciate the work of the devs and the moderators and everything they do to make this game better, but I do think sometimes they give a little too much weight to the opinions of those who just want to control how everyone else plays. We don't need a fire button....just block that person and don't hire them again. We don't need to be told how many people to hire...people can work for us or not as they choose. We don't need someone dictating which pattern we click in when we harvest. I think a lot of these players are new to online games and even chat, and they take this stuff waaay too seriously. You will NEVER be able to control strangers in a game. It doesn't work like that.

Ok...rant over....I'm very happy the game is going back to the old format. Thanks Farmtown....love you guys )
I concur on many points here Luna....but ....when more/many people are hired for a job the game gets really buggy and funny and things don't show up like they should and it's hard to navigate around....and tho it is kind of a competition and that can be fun.....the technical aspect of it becomes quite frustrating. I've noticed that if I'm the only one on a hire the graphics and technical aspects go so much smoother.... So perhaps a bug can be worked out in those regards.

But yeah....really this is a game....and trying to put too much control on it is not keeping in line with the diversity of the players. Agreed there.

And also....it's been said elsewhere...about noobs and people who don't play that fast....well ....FarmTown is a little more evolved than other apps....so perhaps it's not for everyone.....and perhaps that is part of the problem.... just sayin...
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:11 AM

i was really upset with the way farmtown was changed. i dont like that you have to wait for each spot to be done one at a time. i liked that your person didnt have to follow you as your harvested or plowed before the change. i do agree on only being able to hire one person to harvest and one person to plow. thank you
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:14 AM

a hire option is exactly what is needed..there is no need for 10 people to be doing one field at a time it is insane..i personally only hire one person to do my field..but there has been times when i was in a hurry and hired 2 tops..i do hope you put a hire cap on people atleast no more than 2 at a time. Merry christmas!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:15 AM

i know for some people it is nice to hire more than one, but some people get really greedy and cut others off where they are harvesting that is why i think we should only be able to hire one person,, or at least just 2 people to harvest and plow
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:17 AM

Angry Server Timed Out...Again, and again, and again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beviam View Post
Old Program vs the New Program.

I like certain aspects of both versions.

I think the bigger Issue is the Server Timed Out.

I have lost coins and XP points on both versions.

But, I must say, the times I have lost these , is because I have had the Server Time Out on me.
There is nothing more frustrating than harvest or plowing a complete field ,
then have the server time out on you.
Then you get nothing for all your time.
I agree! I have been timed out on every single hire I received since the update!
And, before anyone says it was the number of people hired...I was the only one working on the farm! Yes, trees, flowers and buildings were hidden; and yes, the animals were frozen. I even got timed out on someone's second farm which is crops only, no trees, flowers, or anything else.
As for the limit to hiring...on some farms, one person may not be enough. But, I think the owner of the farm should decide. If those that are hired feel there are too many people, they should just leave and find someone else to hire them.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU for going back to the old way!
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:20 AM

Not everyone hated the new update, I actually got the hang of it quite quickly and quite liked it.

I like how it stopped the peckers from just clicking wildly all over the farm and queing as many plots as they could for themselves. It takes no skill to do that, and it just forces everyone else into some sort of battle.
The new way actually took some skill and co-ordination and was actually quicker than the old way if you could master it.

I understand that I am in the minority though, and respect the opinions of those that don't like it, and will respect the decision of the Devs if they decide to change it back.

I'm not gonna sook about it and threaten to quit like a lot of others have.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:20 AM
Account Not Linked

Glad to hear you're going to revert back, but like Sassy Kathy, I like to get together with a couple of my neighbors and we all farm together, finishing one person's farm and then we all move on to another person's farm. If you put a limit on the number of people you can hire, please don't make it less than 4. But it's best to just let us decide how many to hire. If you get hired and there are too many people there for your taste, then just leave.
Closed Thread