Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 05:25 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you so much for listening. I prefer the way it was before. I don't know how widespread the problem was, I've never seen it. Don't ruin the game for the majority because of a few problem people.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow moe™ View Post
Yes, 1 person harvesting/plowing is a good idea. Or the way it was before, but maybe add an option for the person hiring to either boot or warn by means of a strike anyone who gets out of line, like the people who just start clicking randomly where others are working in a straight line. 3 strikes, you're on the bench or reported or something, maybe even have it where it shows everyone else which people have gotten strikes so they can choose not to hire that person in the future. Or maybe set it up so wherever a person starts working, they can only work in a straght line till they collide with someone else, then they are finished. But this slow down that is happening now is just too slow. And for the people who just can't keep up or go as fast as others, well, they either need to upgrade their 10 year old pcs, or get a faster internet speed than dial up, or just simply practice to learn to click faster & more accurately than the more experienced people. Maybe there's a way to have different marketplaces for those with dial up, then they are all in their own room together and won't have conflicts with the vast majority of users on hi-speed connections.

Personally I like the idea of having only 1 person working at a time. Maybe you could share with us the reasons you think this would cause problems so we can put our heads together & come up with possible solutions or alternatives. Many heads are better than 1.
I totally agree about being able to boot someone for jumping around...that is so immature. I hate when people do that...it's like they are scared they are going to miss out on something. Yeah..like ebay...Bad feedback for the ones that don't play right lol
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Can you turn the crop time off until you roll back the new version. Thanks.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Raul, limits on workers would be a very sensible solution to the problems people are having. I normally only hire one or two at a time anyway, and walk away from jobs that have been over-staffed, besides which, with the fast harvest and plow, I see no need for anyone to NEED to hire lots of people to work!

Another possibility that might speed things along is to just total the harvest or plow and add in one lump, rather than one field at a time. this would also reduce the network traffic. I can see where some might be concerned about this idea though, but it could work, and when working on our own farms, the save back to the server is quick enough, not having to write back each field!

Visit Tree-Mendous!
| Visit Lady Win a Lot | Visit Nuria's Farm | Visit Nicola's Farm! | Visit Ashley's Farm!

All things come to those who wait, so BE PATIENT!
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:35 AM

Default Harvesting & Plowing

I personally only hire 1- 2 ppl to do both harvest & then Plow my farms Recently I have played a lot more because the last thing for me to try for i sthe Million Points since I only started in July under the original scheme & attained level 34 before plowing came available. I would rather see plow except for just neighbours be made only available to those ppl that have elevated to being able to purchase second farm.

almost to my million will start playing again to get there
Wayne(I won't work in chaingangs)
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:38 AM

The changes are absolutely awful. Go back to some way, the old way, another way, something anything but this unholy mess.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:39 AM

i am very much in favour of the 1 person hire alternative. it would remove the problems with coins and it would also re-introduce a more positive feel to the game. i only hire one person anyway since i hate the competitions and unpleasantness that often happens if i hire more than one. i have a very large farm and whoever gets hired makes a lot of money. i've also made a lot of friends that way.
when i am hired myself i hate it if there are lots of people and they snatch fields from under my nose.

please please NEVER change the mature graphics, they are the reason i love this game and i suspect that they are one of the main reasons why farm town appeals to so mamy more people than its competitors.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:43 AM
Account Not Linked

Default farmtown:

I think we should be able to hire up to 2 people to work on our farm. for most people this would be enough people to do the work. hope you can work this out & still have it fast, because the old way SUCKS !!
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:45 AM

I like the idea of only being able to hire one, which is what I always do anyway. If the one worker you hire doesn't have time to do the whole farm, you can always go back to the MP to hire another one to finish up.

Here'll be the complaint, though: if you are allowed to hire only one harvester and one plower at the same time, the harvester will get mad because what's the point of harvesting if you aren't allowed to plow? So I would (personally) still only hire one to harvest, then let that person plow if they wanted to.

Also, from reading the forums, it seems that some folks grow a whole field of stuff then have harvesting/plowing parties with their friends. I've never done that, but it does sound kind of fun. Being able to only hire one would eliminate that. The others could come and visit, but they couldn't work.

Anyway, I like the idea. But others won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:45 AM

I thought your upgrade was OK, I'm a straight line harvest/plower. I don't like showing up on a job and finding 8 farmers there already. I usually hire 1 person to do my farms, but I think the number hired should be up to the Farmer. Set a reasonable number say 4 or 5 to max. Let them decide with that option. As for taking 2 hrs to harvest/plow a farm, I plowed a 24x24 with almost nothing on it in 20 min. I really didn't see the game as that much slower.

I do like the fact you going to roll back the change in response to the negative feed back you received. I hope it not because of all the threats not to play the game again. Thanks again for the work you do on the game.
FarmerJ
Level 59
Closed Thread