Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 18 2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Tom,
To post your factories to only you, click to post as you would normally. In the first pop up will be a check box to "Show on Farm Town Wall Requests" so since you want it to be to only yourself then uncheck that box. Click the green check.
In the next pop up look in the lower left corner for a symbol with a down arrow next to it. Click the down arrow and another pop up will show. In that you can choose who sees your posts. When you finish choosing clic Save and then you can post.
Hi Taz, I have been poking around again and unchecking "Show Farm Town Wall Requests" does work. What I have not been able to get to work is the choice of "custom" or "only me" on that 2nd pop up. I reread Raul's notes, and according to those notes these two choices should work. PS, I was able to post to a specific friend, but it was clumsy since I could not choose the 'custom" or "only me" choice. This required me to contact and speak to my friend directly before posting to her. I could not just post it and wait for her to work my facilities.
Old Nov 18 2015, 09:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
Hi Taz, I have been poking around again and unchecking "Show Farm Town Wall Requests" does work. What I have not been able to get to work is the choice of "custom" or "only me" on that 2nd pop up. I reread Raul's notes, and according to those notes these two choices should work. PS, I was able to post to a specific friend, but it was clumsy since I could not choose the 'custom" or "only me" choice. This required me to contact and speak to my friend directly before posting to her. I could not just post it and wait for her to work my facilities.
Hi ckpeer,
I am not sure why you couldn't get the Custom and Only Me as those are part of the choices. When you have the second pop up open then you click on the tiny people symbol in the lower left corner and that opens a 3rd pop up where you choose who you want to send the post to. You had to have opened that to send the post only to your one friend. The custom and only me are part of that. Those are not Farm Town choices, but come from Facebook. If you cannot get those to work then you will need to ask Facebook about that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 18 2015, 09:55 AM

Default There is problem with "only me" and "custom" choices

If it's checked the post will be visible to all friends in their 'Farmtown Wall Requests' even if you choose "Only Me" in the facebook post screen that comes right after.

If it's unchecked the post will *not* be visible to *any* friends in their 'Farmtown Wall Requests' even if you choose "Public" in the facebook post screen that comes right after.

We know this is not the ideal solution but is the best we can do now after facebook latest changes.

I took the above information from Raul's notes from 11/17. In them he discusses the "only me" and "custom" choices from the FB post screen. I have tried numerous times to choose those two choices, but that button is broken because when you click OK, and hover over the selection it comes up as "public" or "FB friends", or "friends". Is this another FB glitch? If it is, it really does complicate the situation much more.
Old Nov 18 2015, 10:34 AM

I had the same problem with the custom post to "Only Me" on another app (My Zoo) on Facebook this morning. I am the only person I know still playing that, so I post to Only Me and then delete the post. (The info also goes into the game and the desired action is accomplished.)

Anyway, I think this is a Facebook problem. I tried posting a status update, and that worked fine, so I'm thinking it also applies only to apps and games (or they've fixed it while I was typing).
Old Nov 18 2015, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If it's checked the post will be visible to all friends in their 'Farmtown Wall Requests' even if you choose "Only Me" in the facebook post screen that comes right after.

If it's unchecked the post will *not* be visible to *any* friends in their 'Farmtown Wall Requests' even if you choose "Public" in the facebook post screen that comes right after.

We know this is not the ideal solution but is the best we can do now after facebook latest changes.

I took the above information from Raul's notes from 11/17. In them he discusses the "only me" and "custom" choices from the FB post screen. I have tried numerous times to choose those two choices, but that button is broken because when you click OK, and hover over the selection it comes up as "public" or "FB friends", or "friends". Is this another FB glitch? If it is, it really does complicate the situation much more.
Hi ckpeer,
Let me ask you this. If you could not select the Custom function then how did you post the request to only the one person you wanted to work it? And how were you posting your requests to only one person before the Facebook change?
After unchecking the box on first pop up (already discussed) then you get the second pop up...

Click on the symbol in circle. You will see Public, Friends, Custom and a couple Facebook lists if you have any. You have to choose Custom to get to the next pop up to choose who you are going to send the post to...

Here is where you pick the Friends of friends, friends, specific people or lists you want to send it to or Only Me.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 18 2015, 10:53 AM

Taz, the problem I had with this (mentioned in the post above) was that even though "only me" was the choice I picked, it absolutely would not change from "your friends". I cancelled, tried again, cancelled and tried a third time, and had no success. I just went into Farm Town and tried it with a request for help in facilities, and the same thing happened. (I changed it to "only me", and it still shows up as "your friends".)
Old Nov 18 2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi ckpeer,
Let me ask you this. If you could not select the Custom function then how did you post the request to only the one person you wanted to work it? And how were you posting your requests to only one person before the Facebook change?
After unchecking the box on first pop up (already discussed) then you get the second pop up...

Click on the symbol in circle. You will see Public, Friends, Custom and a couple Facebook lists if you have any. You have to choose Custom to get to the next pop up to choose who you are going to send the post to...

Here is where you pick the Friends of friends, friends, specific people or lists you want to send it to or Only Me.
Hi Taz, when I posted to only one person before the FB change I would choose "custom" and then choose "specific people" which then allowed me to write in the person's name, or more than one name if I chose. I actually was able to work around the problem of the FB choices not allowing me to choose "only me" or "custom". I chose "family" instead. None of my family members play this game, so they would pay no attention to my post. If Raul/FB cannot get those 2 choices to work, then I probably can continue to choose "family", but I really prefer not to because they really don't need or want to see my FT posts. My other alternative is to make a FB group, as I made the family group, but I usually choose just one person at a time to work my facilities, so that solution is clunky too. Right now the "custom" choice will allow me to type in the person's name, but when I close the pop-up and hover over the little wrench on the lower left, my choice is not what I wrote in, but "public" or "friends" instead.
Old Nov 18 2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseArienh View Post
Taz, the problem I had with this (mentioned in the post above) was that even though "only me" was the choice I picked, it absolutely would not change from "your friends". I cancelled, tried again, cancelled and tried a third time, and had no success. I just went into Farm Town and tried it with a request for help in facilities, and the same thing happened. (I changed it to "only me", and it still shows up as "your friends".)
Taz, Rose is describing exactly what is happening. When you choose "only me" or "custom" that choice does NOT register and it defaults to "friends" or "public" It seems to default to the choice that was present before you chose "only me" or "custom"
Old Nov 18 2015, 11:13 AM

I think I have found a work-around for this, but it's somewhat of a pain in the neck. If you post a status and choose Only Me, it works. If you then go into a game and post from there, the Only Me remains.

Several friends are now laughing at my "this is just a test" status updates. But that's okay. Anything for the team.
Old Nov 18 2015, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Taz, Rose is describing exactly what is happening. When you choose "only me" or "custom" that choice does NOT register and it defaults to "friends" or "public" It seems to default to the choice that was present before you chose "only me" or "custom"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseArienh View Post
I think I have found a work-around for this, but it's somewhat of a pain in the neck. If you post a status and choose Only Me, it works. If you then go into a game and post from there, the Only Me remains.

Several friends are now laughing at my "this is just a test" status updates. But that's okay. Anything for the team.
Hi Rose an ckpeer,
You are correct. It was working right yesterday but today it is not saving the changes. I don't know if this is anything the developers can do something about or if it is something Facebook has changed. We will check with them and see if something is causing the Save to not work from their end.
As a work around, you can uncheck to keep it from going on the Wall Requests, then post it to "friends", then go to your timeline or newsfeed and change it to the custom list of people you want it to go to.
Since the Newsfeed doesn't update immediately then you should get it changed before anyone else can see it. Until something is done by Facebook or Farm Town to fix the Save this is the best way we can find for it to work the way you want it to.
Closed Thread