Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 14 2015, 11:05 AM

Default RE: New Facilities

Still waiting patiently for the New Facilities, Trees, and crops to be released... You said monday.. What day may we expect them now.. Thank You
Old Apr 14 2015, 11:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiegal View Post
Still waiting patiently for the New Facilities, Trees, and crops to be released... You said monday.. What day may we expect them now.. Thank You
Hi Kassie,
Raul added yesterday they were delayed to today. Just keep an eye on the first post and he will announce when they are released.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmasqued View Post
As I posted my train boost and gift giving were not working (and I DO have well over 1000 FT friends), I want also to let you know, IT'S FIXED! per the 1000 limit. Thanks!
Do I understand this correctly? Raul posted in his notes that if we had more than 1000 FB friends, we could not send gifts using the "all farmers" tab. I don't have 1000, but almost do (950) , so was considering doing the VERY TIME CONSUMING job of going through and deleting friends who no longer play. One of the problems with doing that is that farmers come and go and often return after a hiatus. Did Raul fix this problem? If so, that is wonderful

I would also like to restate my opinion regarding Facebook policies and those policies colliding with the function of games using FB as a platform. It does appear as if FB has ZERO regard for games that provide them with regular users. They continually make it difficult for games like FT to continue to grow and attract new users. One of the attractions that FT has for me is the ability to "friend" users all over this world, and I have done so. Apparently, this is not considered "kosher" by FB. If we attempt to "friend" too many people, we get slapped on the wrist by FB, and some functionality of FB is removed from our accounts for a period of time.

Is it time for Slashkey/Farm Town to set up its' own platform? Zynga has done so, and Zynga games may be played without using FB.
Old Apr 14 2015, 11:22 AM

Default Thx - train boost works today tu/4/14

TY for fixing my names list so I can boost my train. Works today!!!
Old Apr 14 2015, 11:42 AM

The eye is working on my account now - thank you!
Old Apr 14 2015, 11:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
Do I understand this correctly? Raul posted in his notes that if we had more than 1000 FB friends, we could not send gifts using the "all farmers" tab. I don't have 1000, but almost do (950) , so was considering doing the VERY TIME CONSUMING job of going through and deleting friends who no longer play. One of the problems with doing that is that farmers come and go and often return after a hiatus. Did Raul fix this problem? If so, that is wonderful

I would also like to restate my opinion regarding Facebook policies and those policies colliding with the function of games using FB as a platform. It does appear as if FB has ZERO regard for games that provide them with regular users. They continually make it difficult for games like FT to continue to grow and attract new users. One of the attractions that FT has for me is the ability to "friend" users all over this world, and I have done so. Apparently, this is not considered "kosher" by FB. If we attempt to "friend" too many people, we get slapped on the wrist by FB, and some functionality of FB is removed from our accounts for a period of time.

Is it time for Slashkey/Farm Town to set up its' own platform? Zynga has done so, and Zynga games may be played without using FB.
Hi ckpeer,
Zynga if you haven't noticed is a multi-million dollar company who can do that. Also if you play on their server rather than through Facebook you have no interaction with the other players, so even they are not totally separated from Facebook.
We all love Farm Town and would love to be able to play without the restrictions Facebook puts on all the games, but that is not possible currently.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 14 2015, 12:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrobards View Post
Is there anyway Farmtown can separate from Facebook? I for one would follow. Farmtown is the only reason I am still on FB. I am now having saving problems and time out from servers like never before. The game is starting to feel like a chore.

No reply? Or have I missed it?
Old Apr 14 2015, 12:34 PM
Account Not Linked

May I add to what Taz said.

The Developers are working behind the scene ,complying with Facebook policies. So to help the game go much more smoothly.We don't see that!We want releases,we want fixes,we want want want including myself.But there is much the developers do that we are unaware of so we can have this GREAT GAME. I can get impatient but try to keep it to myself. Knowing they are trying to get it done just as much as we are.THANK YOU RAUL AND DEV'S.
Old Apr 14 2015, 12:41 PM

I am noticing that I am not getting the amount of crops that I use to before Monday - I am now only getting about a third of what i use to....is this having to do with the dev trying to fix issues and/or preparing for the release of the new facilities - never had this problem during any release
Old Apr 14 2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
May I add to what Taz said.

The Developers are working behind the scene ,complying with Facebook policies. So to help the game go much more smoothly.We don't see that!We want releases,we want fixes,we want want want including myself.But there is much the developers do that we are unaware of so we can have this GREAT GAME. I can get impatient but try to keep it to myself. Knowing they are trying to get it done just as much as we are.THANK YOU RAUL AND DEV'S.
Well said Petuniaflower... my sentiments exactly... I find it so rude when people complain because of a delay in releasing a New Release or an update to a Release... That's all I have to say on that subject...

Now, the real reason I came to the Forum is to report that I can now send gifts... I am able to get my Friend List to load (1100+)... It is time to do a Spring cleaning on my non-active FT Friends... New Players ask to be friends to level up and get enough neighbours to be able to buy the next farms, then for one reason or another they disappear on you...

Again, Thank you thank you thank you for figuring out the gift sending issue... Always a pleasure... I love this game!!!...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Closed Thread