Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 23 2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
I work my farm several times a day and work folks ships most everytime I log on, Latelty I have gone in to work ships that say they have been there for several hours, sometimes up to 8 or more hourse. The problem is, i have checked them about 2 or 3 hours previously...how can they have been there so much longer when they weren't there before?
Agreed. Same thing happens to me.
Old Jan 23 2017, 10:42 AM

ive even seen some just pop in and they say they been there several minutes when i know that cant be true... as i was just sending some on..i think someones clock is way wrong on them
Old Jan 23 2017, 10:44 AM
Account Not Linked

You post here and the MODS yell at you to post in suggestions, you post in suggestions and you do not even know if the DEVS even read it, you contact support directly and they close the ticket without evening making a comment or reply to it? Wonder why people are getting frustrated . . . . . . . .

Yes I am another player interested in playing
Old Jan 23 2017, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
You post here and the MODS yell at you to post in suggestions, you post in suggestions and you do not even know if the DEVS even read it, you contact support directly and they close the ticket without evening making a comment or reply to it? Wonder why people are getting frustrated . . . . . . . .

Yes I am another player interested in playing
Hi Grumpdad,
We tell you to post your suggestions for change in the Suggestions section , because the developers have asked that all suggestions be located in that section for them to read all together. Yes they do read that section when deciding what to do for future releases. That does not mean they will implement your suggestion, but they are read.
You did get a reply to your support ticket and you even posted it here. We also went back to the developers for clarification on your problem and you got that answer here as well.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 23 2017, 11:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfedwards View Post
ive even seen some just pop in and they say they been there several minutes when i know that cant be true... as i was just sending some on..i think someones clock is way wrong on them
Hi jfedwards,
Even if you have your farms open, they are not in constant contact with the servers. The servers only update your data on your computer when you do something such as change farms, harvest a crop, open a manager, so yes it could be that a ship had been in your seaport for a short time before you see it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 23 2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi jfedwards,
Even if you have your farms open, they are not in constant contact with the servers. The servers only update your data on your computer when you do something such as change farms, harvest a crop, open a manager, so yes it could be that a ship had been in your seaport for a short time before you see it.
It should update when you leave farmtown and come back 15 min or more, only to find some that say they have been there 4 hours or more and they weren't there 15 minutes earlier.

I'm glad to hear, I am not the only one encountering this.
Old Jan 23 2017, 11:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
It should update when you leave farmtown and come back 15 min or more, only to find some that say they have been there 4 hours or more and they weren't there 15 minutes earlier.

I'm glad to hear, I am not the only one encountering this.
Hi Majik Merlin,
I agree. However, jfedwards was talking about a few minutes difference, not hours as you have said. We have not been able to duplicate what you are saying about hours.
Old Jan 23 2017, 01:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Grumpdad,
We tell you to post your suggestions for change in the Suggestions section , because the developers have asked that all suggestions be located in that section for them to read all together. Yes they do read that section when deciding what to do for future releases. That does not mean they will implement your suggestion, but they are read.
You did get a reply to your support ticket and you even posted it here. We also went back to the developers for clarification on your problem and you got that answer here as well.
I take the slapped hand graciously, I did not explain fully and accept that, the initial question was answered as you pointed out, it was the questions posted after that were not, it was only when I went to add a further comment I found that the ticket had been closed. I was about to add " Perhaps it is time to introduce another gift packer, one that reverts the usage back to gifts first, this way there can be no confusion as to what is used where and when"
I have looked in the suggestions area to add this but cannot find a suitable thread, perhaps, if you this the idea warrants looking at you could post it somewhere suitable for me?

I apologise if my previous comment was somewhat on the negative side, I see that it is so having read it again.
Old Jan 23 2017, 01:34 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
I take the slapped hand graciously, I did not explain fully and accept that, the initial question was answered as you pointed out, it was the questions posted after that were not, it was only when I went to add a further comment I found that the ticket had been closed. I was about to add " Perhaps it is time to introduce another gift packer, one that reverts the usage back to gifts first, this way there can be no confusion as to what is used where and when"
I have looked in the suggestions area to add this but cannot find a suitable thread, perhaps, if you this the idea warrants looking at you could post it somewhere suitable for me?

I apologise if my previous comment was somewhat on the negative side, I see that it is so having read it again.
Hi Grumpdad,

Taz is not available at this time.

You need to post the request yourself in Suggestions.
If you are requesting an new gifting tool, then your idea will fit in either the tools section or the one about "Gifts on the gift page/gifting"

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 23 2017, 03:42 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

how do i prevent neighbors' ships from docking at my port? i do not want to play farm town every day, but this ship thing pressures me to log in to my farm daily so i don't anger my neighbors. we really need a way to opt out of being a port. in the meantime, i've been restraining from clicking on neighbors' links for facility help, bonus sharing, gifts, etc.

generic link:
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread