Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 02 2017, 04:37 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjetta View Post
I left completely for an hour or so and it's still not there.

Thanks for your assistance. I see there are several complaints, so I understand you are busy.
Hi Conjetta,

We sent this off to the developers and a fix is on the way, hopefully soon.
Old Mar 02 2017, 07:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has just released a fix for the NCC:

Post-Release Updates - March 2nd, 8:25PM

-Bugfix: The Neighborhood Chains Contest was not recognizing facilities correctly. Please reload the game for this change to take effect.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 03 2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Conjetta,

We sent this off to the developers and a fix is on the way, hopefully soon.
It's fixed. Hate to take up space on the forum to express my thanks, but wanted you to know. I appreciate the prompt response I received.
Old Mar 03 2017, 07:15 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjetta View Post
It's fixed. Hate to take up space on the forum to express my thanks, but wanted you to know. I appreciate the prompt response I received.
You are very welcome Conjetta, thank you for coming back to let us know yours is fixed
Old Mar 04 2017, 11:58 AM

So this week's facilities in the NCC are:

Dinner Restaurant (regular, FC)
Film Making (regular, FC)
Flooring Tiles (regular, coins)
Uniform Outlet (service, coins)

I have 2 Dinner Restaurants so the program automatically counted 2 of my Flooring Tile facilities. So I've got:

I'm thinking of buying one more FC facility - would prefer Film Making, but could buy either, I guess. What I hope to gain is that it will count my 3rd Flooring Tile facility. In other words, my ideal would be:

However, I also have 2 Uniform Outlets. Do I have any control over which other non-FC facility I'm given credit for? Does it matter if I buy Dinner or Film Making?
Old Mar 04 2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
So this week's facilities in the NCC are:

Dinner Restaurant (regular, FC)
Film Making (regular, FC)
Flooring Tiles (regular, coins)
Uniform Outlet (service, coins)

I have 2 Dinner Restaurants so the program automatically counted 2 of my Flooring Tile facilities. So I've got:

I'm thinking of buying one more FC facility - would prefer Film Making, but could buy either, I guess. What I hope to gain is that it will count my 3rd Flooring Tile facility. In other words, my ideal would be:

However, I also have 2 Uniform Outlets. Do I have any control over which other non-FC facility I'm given credit for? Does it matter if I buy Dinner or Film Making?
Hi Susan,

The FC facilites are not paired with the coin ones. What tends to happen if you have more of each of the coin ones and you add another FC one is the coin ones get added evenly. So no matter what FC fac you buy you are likely to end up with 2 each of the coin ones. You will only know for sure when it gets added.
Old Mar 05 2017, 11:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Neighborhood Chain Not Giving Competitors

I entered the Neighborhood Chain Contest on Saturday morning and when I click on the Competing Neighborhoods, I keep getting a message to check back tomorrow. Will I be entered this week? I've been working very hard on these.
Thank you.
Old Mar 05 2017, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by llshadow@msn.com View Post
I entered the Neighborhood Chain Contest on Saturday morning and when I click on the Competing Neighborhoods, I keep getting a message to check back tomorrow. Will I be entered this week? I've been working very hard on these.
Thank you.
Hi llshadow,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the Neighborhood Chains Contest. You will get your competing neighborhoods on Monday. There is more information in the Game Guide chapter about the contest. Here is a link to that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

This is from that about the competing neighborhoods:
Competing Neighbourhoods

This tab will show you your neighbourhood and the neighbourhoods you are competing against. This will be assigned on either of two days. For users starting the contest Thursday or Friday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Saturday 12AM EST. For users starting the contest Saturday or Sunday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Monday 12AM EST.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 12 2017, 09:18 PM

Perhaps I misunderstood but I thought the neighborhood chains contest were going to be between "comparable" neighborhoods. And up until recently it did seem to be.

But this is the second week recently where MY neighborhood has four facilities (as it most often does) and the top two neighborhoods I'm competing against have many more, 12 this week. This is hardly comparable.

Any guidance please. TIA.
Old Mar 12 2017, 09:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood but I thought the neighborhood chains contest were going to be between "comparable" neighborhoods. And up until recently it did seem to be.

But this is the second week recently where MY neighborhood has four facilities (as it most often does) and the top two neighborhoods I'm competing against have many more, 12 this week. This is hardly comparable.

Any guidance please. TIA.
Hi John,
There are only so many neighborhoods that have as few neighbors and in that case have so few facilities. You will not always be able to compete against exactly an even number of facilities. the difference between 4 and 12 facilities is not near what the spread is for those who have many more neighbors. The contest I am in this week has a spread from 124 up to 139, which is a spread of 15 facilities and that is typical.

Tags
contest, exp pts, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest.