Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 10 2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin Venables View Post
I have been unable to replace a port since you introduced the drag and drop feature to rearrange ports. I need to replace a couple of them as well and that is not working.
Hi Karin

If you click in Replace button and nothing happens, please try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and try to replace the ports.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Feb 10 2019, 11:49 AM

I highly doubt clearing memecache is going to help a broken button that only started to occur after you made a programming change. I'm on Chrome, using Windows 7 pro. I have NEVER had a problem that clearing meme cache has solved.

Thanks for you quick response.

Karin Venables
Old Feb 10 2019, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I highly doubt clearing memecache is going to help a broken button that only started to occur after you made a programming change. I'm on Chrome, using Windows 7 pro. I have NEVER had a problem that clearing meme cache has solved.

Thanks for you quick response.

Karin Venables
Hi Karin,
Please try it and see if it clears your problem. Clearing the memcache forces the server to reload your account and does fix anything that has been corrupted.

Any time someone has reported not being able to replace a port closing their farms and/or clearing memcache has worked to fix that. This is not a game wide problem, but is a problem apparently with your account. None of the moderators can duplicate this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 10 2019, 12:05 PM

I will have to do that tomorrow morning. I won't be dispatching another ship til then.

I never have corruption problems, I am one of those players you almost never hear from unless you've got a programming issue.

Since I clear my history and memory every time I close my browser I expect corrupted memory is not my problem. This problem has been there since you put the drag and drop option.

Karin Venables
Old Feb 10 2019, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I will have to do that tomorrow morning. I won't be dispatching another ship til then.

I never have corruption problems, I am one of those players you almost never hear from unless you've got a programming issue.

Since I clear my history and memory every time I close my browser I expect corrupted memory is not my problem. This problem has been there since you put the drag and drop option.

Karin Venables
Hi Karin,
The memcache does not clear or do anything on your computer. The memcache clears your account on the server so when you open your farms the next time the server has to reload your account on the server for you to play from. So what does it hurt for you to try the memcache?

The drag and drop hand for changing the order of the ports has been there since the time the replace was added. They were both added at the same time back shortly after the cargo ships were added.

If you do not want to run the memcache then please report your problem to Support as we do not have anything else we can do for this from the forums. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 11 2019, 11:19 AM

We have an intermittent problem here. I cleared mem cache, my history, cleared my own cached memory and went into the game for the first time this morning after doing this. No help, the replace button still didn't work.

I went back into farm town to check exactly and confirm the problem, find my user ID so I could give you direct access to the farm so you could see it for yourself.

It was fixed. I had done NOTHING before I went back in.

This is the oddest bug I've been up against in the history of my time playing the game.

Thanks Taz for trying.

Karin Venables

Last edited by Karin Venables; Feb 11 2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: missing info
Old Feb 11 2019, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
We have an intermittent problem here. I cleared mem cache, my history, cleared my own cached memory and went into the game for the first time this morning after doing this. No help, the replace button still didn't work.

I went back into farm town to check exactly and confirm the problem, find my user ID so I could give you direct access to the farm so you could see it for yourself.

It was fixed. I had done NOTHING before I went back in.

This is the oddest bug I've been up against in the history of my time playing the game.

Thanks Taz for trying.

Karin Venables
Hi Karin,
I am glad it is working for you again. Thanks for letting us know.

Tags
cargo ships, container, dispatch ship, missing ship, ships