Go Back   Farm Town > Troubleshooting > Known Issues, Glitches and Bugs

Closed Thread

Old Feb 16 2018, 04:06 AM

I remember it is HTML5
Old Feb 16 2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
I went to Best buy today and they said that Adobe Flash is "Dead" and if the game that we play requires flash then it is basically going to end up not able to play in future. Something to do with the game should automatically play without flash. I cannot remember what the type of program they use or file to make it just play automatically without Adobe Flash but could you enlighten me on this please. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
I remember it is HTML5
Hi texans

I moved your posts to General Feedback

The following information was posted by the developers in the New Release July 27, 2017

Note to our Fans: As some of you already know, Adobe recently announced that support for their Flash platform will be discontinued at the end of the year 2020. Rest assured that this will not affect Farmtown. We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform.

What does this mean for you? You won’t notice any significant difference when we upgrade the Farmtown game. In fact, we expect that the game will run faster, and it will let us add more features to the game that we haven’t been able to add due to the performance limitations of the existing Flash technology.

You will be able to continue playing Farmtown in your browser, in addition we’ll also add support for Facebook Gameroom for a better game experience.

In the name of the Farmtown team, we thank you for your continuous support and loyalty.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Jan 20 2019, 06:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Will FT be migrating to a new format when Adobe ends flash support in 2020?

Just wanted to ask if plans are in the works to migrate our existing FarmTown content to one of the new open formats (like HTML5, WebGL, WebAssembly) when flash support ends in 2020, or is there a possibility FarmTown may end? I'm sorry if this has been covered but I haven't found it mentioned here when I do searches on the topic.
Old Jan 20 2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralmarie View Post
Just wanted to ask if plans are in the works to migrate our existing FarmTown content to one of the new open formats (like HTML5, WebGL, WebAssembly) when flash support ends in 2020, or is there a possibility FarmTown may end? I'm sorry if this has been covered but I haven't found it mentioned here when I do searches on the topic.
Hi lauralmarie

I moved your post to General Feedback. The developers are working on that.

The following information was posted by the developers in the New Release July 27, 2017

Note to our Fans: As some of you already know, Adobe recently announced that support for their Flash platform will be discontinued at the end of the year 2020. Rest assured that this will not affect Farmtown. We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform.

What does this mean for you? You won’t notice any significant difference when we upgrade the Farmtown game. In fact, we expect that the game will run faster, and it will let us add more features to the game that we haven’t been able to add due to the performance limitations of the existing Flash technology.

You will be able to continue playing Farmtown in your browser, in addition we’ll also add support for Facebook Gameroom for a better game experience.

In the name of the Farmtown team, we thank you for your continuous support and loyalty.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Closed Thread

Tags
2020, adobe, flash