Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2012, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
While I can appreciate what this latest update has to offer, when will all or some of the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed? In particular the ability to know when each farm is still irrigated by referring to the farm selector diamond no matter which farm I am working. After all we have the "F" indicator to show when each farm is still fertilized from the diamond as well as being able to view both "F" and "W" on each farm grid indicating still fertilized and still watered. Such a basis request.
Just because you make a suggestion does not mean they will do it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 24 2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
While I can appreciate what this latest update has to offer, when will all or some of the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed? In particular the ability to know when each farm is still irrigated by referring to the farm selector diamond no matter which farm I am working. After all we have the "F" indicator to show when each farm is still fertilized from the diamond as well as being able to view both "F" and "W" on each farm grid indicating still fertilized and still watered. Such a basis request.
Summarising irrigation is much more complex than summarising fertlisation. A farm is either fertilised or not fertilised, but a farm can have some elements that are still irrigated and some that have been harvested and therefore are not.

What if a farm has one tree that was irrigated a week ago and hasn't been harvested? What if a farm has some crops that are irrigated and some not? Would it be better to show farms that have been irrigated in the last 20 hours, or farms that have not (and therefore can be irrigated)?

No matter how the farm's situation is summarised, it will likely be misleading or won't meet someone's need, and I think this is why we don't have an irrigation symbol for the farm selector.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm
Old Dec 25 2012, 08:45 PM

I LOVE the idea of the bonus chest. When I work for people, I'm a "finisher" and when I hire people, I always really hope they are, too. So this helps me on both fronts. I do agree with those that are saying they'd prefer the bonus chest to be for the complete job of whatever you're hired for. Or for multi-farm hires, per farm, but whatever you're hired for is ok. My biggest complaint as an employer is when I hire for flowers & crops or trees & crops and the person only does the crops. The way it is now won't help with that problem. But if I hire one person who says they want flowers (or shaking) and another who says they want to harvest, then both are unhappy because they're not getting to work solo, probably neither will get the chest, etc.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 25 2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I LOVE the idea of the bonus chest. When I work for people, I'm a "finisher" and when I hire people, I always really hope they are, too. So this helps me on both fronts. I do agree with those that are saying they'd prefer the bonus chest to be for the complete job of whatever you're hired for. Or for multi-farm hires, per farm, but whatever you're hired for is ok. My biggest complaint as an employer is when I hire for flowers & crops or trees & crops and the person only does the crops. The way it is now won't help with that problem. But if I hire one person who says they want flowers (or shaking) and another who says they want to harvest, then both are unhappy because they're not getting to work solo, probably neither will get the chest, etc.
Raul posted this update about 7 hours ago -

Quote:
Known Issues:

- The employee bonus feature has some issues, we will make some modifications to it hopefully by the end of the week, it will basically be a per farm bonus, meaning, at the very end, when the employee has completed all the jobs to be performed on the farm then the bonus could be claimed so you will be able to change tools as often as you want and still get the bonus as long as you complete your job.
That will address your point about people cherry picking. Not sure how the multi-hire scenario will work, but I guess that each worker will accumulate for their own work and when there is no work left on the farm each worker still on that farm can claim their individual bonus. Could be wrong. Whether it will help with the fishing scenario (where some fish just can't be caught without reloading the farm, unless you have the Turbo Boat) is yet to be seen.

FaceBook: Waikikamukau | Paris | Latifundium | مصر (Misr) | NY, NY (WIP)
MySpace: TeeGee's Farm

Last edited by Gregh; Dec 25 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old Dec 24 2012, 10:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to janbow

Thanks so much. Love love the game. Appreciate all the hard work.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Raul and devs!!
Old Dec 24 2012, 12:06 PM

Default Chainsaw Issue

Good day,

Since the new release if I get hired for multipul things on a farm my Chainsaw will work. If I get hired to Chop only only the Ax shows up. I thought I would bring this to your attention and see if there is something that can be done about it.

Thanks
Pumpkin aka Patrick

Carpe-Diem Seize the Day
Old Dec 24 2012, 01:10 PM

thank you, the only issue that I can find is that I am unable to use my saw when asked to chop..please fix this.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Dec 24 2012, 01:12 PM

same with the flower harvester if hired only to do flowers, the tool will not show up
Old Dec 24 2012, 05:20 PM

Are the devs aware that when hired our tools such as the chainsaw and harvester do not show up to use?

Otherwise I'm enjoying this new update.
Old Dec 25 2012, 10:28 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwahr55 View Post
Are the devs aware that when hired our tools such as the chainsaw and harvester do not show up to use?

Otherwise I'm enjoying this new update.
I had the same prob. Hired neighbor to harvest flowers.. tried both ways, multiple and regular, had her come to my farm, I went to hers, we both went to the market so I could try to hire her from there but we could not see each other after several tries, and verifying that we had both gone to the market for hiring.
Closed Thread