Old Jul 04 2010, 03:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
Cheers for the new stuff.dont like the product filter, its way to much all we wanted was a finished product tab so we didnt sell unfinished product by mistake.

What exactly is it that you don't like about it? The way it is done is far more functional than just finished products tab. The way it is one can check to see how much milk, eggs, chocolate, etc. they have without having to scroll through the entire list of stuff in storage when they are getting ready to start production in their factories or getting ready to go to market.

If the rest of the options are not something you are interested in using, just don't use them.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 04 2010, 03:25 PM
Account Not Linked

I am so grateful for all the new things - bought the Victorian mansion and the lighthouse in the first few minutes , and the coffee/tea shop shortly thereafter. The market tabs are sensational, and the facility production function is so much smoother. I do have to say I have one disappointment. I would much rather have had a fishing net than an axe, seeing as how so very many people expressed the wish for one. If a big harvester can harvest any crop, surely a net or a boat could harvest different types of fish. I would have paid generously for one. I am completely retiring my sushi restaurant and possibly the seafood restaurant as well because the fishing experience is so negative. I did buy the fish farm, and I have a slight amount of regret about that, but, hey, they didn't make me buy it - lol. If mods pick up on suggestions, I think this is probably the top one I have seen recently. I have posted in feedback and also suggestions, so I thought I would express it here as well. Maybe someone will pass it along. Thanks, devs, for your creativity and hard work. Well worth the wait....sure, I can say that now ;-)
Old Jul 04 2010, 03:26 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug239 View Post
Well, it's all nice and cool...for the people that have farm cash...what about the ppl that can't afford farm cash??? i've been collecting the stupid cinnamon trees so i can do something with them, but i can't buy the factory b/c it costs REAL CASH. or the coffee and tea shop. cool stuff but not for me....not fair. and i'm already running out of room, no place to plant, no place to put facilities..oh and the earn coins section, doesn't always work. i did enjoy the game until you guys came out with cash only stuff...like today
Why do people think that a game should be fair to every one.

Wait it is fair to every one. everyone has the same rules to play by and the same way to get everything they want on the game.

You just have to want FC bad enough to do what you have to do to get it. Work the app of the day, purchase it. level up.

Just because something costs FC and you are unable to purchase it does not the game is unfair. Just means that you are unable to get what you want.

I want a boat to go fishing in the gulf of Mexico, do not have the funds to buy one. Boy is that so unfair.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jul 04 2010, 03:28 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyboop1977 View Post
Does anyone know if the bamboo tree's/logs will be used for anything in the future. Thanks.

Thanks for all the new stuff.
ONLY THE PHANTOM KNOWS!!!

Visit 's Farm

Old Jul 04 2010, 03:32 PM

Can you put the Cinnamon trees under the trees page so that we can buy them instead of getting them as gifts.
Old Jul 04 2010, 03:43 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rpe Keith View Post
Can you put the Cinnamon trees under the trees page so that we can buy them instead of getting them as gifts.
I don't think they will.

But the gift exchange works great.

Just have to put up with what gifts you want most.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jul 04 2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Jo View Post
I just think it is utterly ridiculous that there are TWO cash factories and one of which I am like WHY? Why can't the cinnamon bundles be made in the sawmill??? It makes no sense to me. Sawmill is for trees... the cinnamon trees are trees... why couldn't those two be combined? The sawmill still could have been for cash! I'm just saying that whoever is thinking out these facilities is being a little dumb :/

Also, why can't new foods be added to the old factories? Where is an option for lemonade in the juice factory??? Or prune juice? Etc. Why can't we make garlic bread in the bread factory??? *knocks on people heads over there* hellooo anyone home in there???

I also dont see why the Sushi and the seafood restaurant couldn't be combined.

I mean come on we're running out of room again :/ I know all these apps are obsessed with getting more and more money but come on you could at least be smart about it. Especially with these tree log things. There was no need for a second cash facility that produces logs too for ONE TREE. Its not even worth the cash is it???
cos cinnamon doesn't come from the wood, cinnamon is the processed bark of the tree, so doesn't need a sawmill
Old Jul 04 2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Combining functions just isn't the direction that the developers decided to go. I more or less realized that two updates ago.

That said, I still agree with your premise, Bobby Jo. Adding functions (even if we would have to pay FT Coins and in some cases FT Cash for them) would make lots of sense, save layout space and be more realistic. However, I've stopped expecting that to happen except for maybe (maybe) one or two items such as the cinnamon buns which I've seen mentioned here.

Not that I'll stop suggesting added functions for existing facilities in the suggestions thread. I really am somewhat disappointed that the new coffee shop isn't a general purpose country diner/restaurant. Or that an appropriate building to represent one wasn't added to the decorations section. ... Drat, stuck with using those small houses to simulate my rural village diner and two together to represent my general store. ... I don't like FV and dropped it, but wish I could snag a general store and maybe the post office there and drop them onto my FT farm LOL
This is something I think I will ask Raul about directly. We did put that thread up in the suggestions area, but have not confirmed if this is as easly done as said. It could be one of those things like putting animals into storage. It is something that can be done but takes a lot more coding etc, than most folks realize. As I said I will ask this directly of Raul and post the answer in the top post of the suggestions thread for new features for existing facilities.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1239357450 This is a link to my farm.
Old Jul 04 2010, 04:03 PM
Account Not Linked

I'm hoping this isn't so off topic it offends everyone but since it's related to the new update I'll take my chances.. I got the update this morning for both of my accounts, both level 100 now but on both farms there are fields I can't view (just plain green screen in that area after refreshing many, many times) that I KNOW are ready to harvest. Because I can't view them it doesn't acknowledge that they are there and I can't hire out. Besides clearing my cache and updating my flash player that I've done twice is there anything else I can do?

On one farm, I can't see fields or some trees, on the other it's certain fields. If I go from one farm to visit the other it's opposite things I can't see! Does that make sense? HELP please anyone!!!!

Last edited by kcjodih; Jul 04 2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 04 2010, 04:05 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellshere View Post
This is something I think I will ask Raul about directly. We did put that thread up in the suggestions area, but have not confirmed if this is as easly done as said. It could be one of those things like putting animals into storage. It is something that can be done but takes a lot more coding etc, than most folks realize. As I said I will ask this directly of Raul and post the answer in the top post of the suggestions thread for new features for existing facilities.
Thank you so much, appreciate it. ... I've also been thinking that coding complexities may be the reason this hasn't been done.
Closed Thread