Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 29 2010, 07:44 PM

You know, I was very close (just waiting for some trees to be gifted) to being able to produce at full capacity at all the facilities. It took 3 Dairy Processing Plants to produce enough Cheese for everything (the only non-giftable that required more than one plant's worth of output), but I almost had it.

Now the sandwich facility has made that impossible: the sandwiches add another two full plants' worth of production need for Cheese, in addition to requiring Bread and Hotdog Bread at a rate that requires three Bakeries, and Hotdog Sausage at four times the rate the truck can bring it in (though its also being a gift avoids that particular issue).

Please either slow down the production rate or reduce the supply usage at the Sandwich Facility, or speed up the rate at which the needed intermediates can be produced, or allow those intermediates (Cheese, Bread, Hotdog Bread) to be sent as gifts the way Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, and Flour can be. (They can replace Strawberry, Blueberry, and Pineapple, there's no reason for basic crops to be giftable when people can easily harvest enough of them to keep up with facilities' needs - Tomato is the only one that gets used at such rates as to justify it being a gift too...)

And, no, having friends help "Produce Faster" doesn't actually help: they speed up the Sandwich Facility's consumption of the intermediates just as much as they speed up the other facilities' production of them.

Yes, I know it's just a game, but sometimes part of the fun of the game is to see a particularly difficult goal and then to accomplish it. It can be frustrating when you invest a lot into reaching a goal and suddenly the terms of the goal are changed so as to make said goal not just more difficult, but impossible to complete...

P.S. Please make animals movable between farms!
Old Apr 29 2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobar King View Post
Mustard is needed for the civilized users of this game.
Where do you people eat?

Any decent ballpark hot dog is accompanied by ketchup mustard and relish, not to mention a few onions.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1239357450 This is a link to my farm.
Old Apr 29 2010, 08:16 PM

I am not able to get bread even though I have flour in my storage. What am I missing? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old Apr 29 2010, 08:46 PM
Account Not Linked

Anyone know if grape tomatoes can be used in the production of Ketchup and pizza's?

It's almost impossible to get enough tomatoes now that they stopped the gifting on them, and the grape tomatoes only take 8 hours instead of two days.
Old Apr 29 2010, 08:55 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikas3 View Post
Anyone know if grape tomatoes can be used in the production of Ketchup and pizza's?

It's almost impossible to get enough tomatoes now that they stopped the gifting on them, and the grape tomatoes only take 8 hours instead of two days.
Just answered you in help and support
Old Apr 29 2010, 09:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks! I LOVE the addition of the fish/fishing.
Old Apr 29 2010, 09:21 PM
Account Not Linked

The fishing thing is awesome
Old Apr 29 2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabo View Post
I love this game and haven't quit playing, like so many have. I also wasn't complaining, but adding my opinions. Just like you added yours. And for the record all my spare change does go into a jar, so my kids' savings accounts. I think sending them to college is a higher priority then playing a game....which is free!
Yah. It's free, but the developers don't work for free. If you want some farm cash, try the partner offers under the Earn Coins tab, so that they can put their kids through school too.
Old Apr 29 2010, 10:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellshere View Post
Where do you people eat?

Any decent ballpark hot dog is accompanied by ketchup mustard and relish, not to mention a few onions.
Leave the mustard off and it sounds good to me. Nothing wrong with mustard I just don't like it.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 29 2010, 10:11 PM

Thank you for pulling the tomatoes and mushrooms from the gift tab. Mushrooms especially, since you only need a token amount to grow every day to keep those pizzas going.

Reducing the chocolate liquor to 20 would be a great next step, or adding some other functionality to the chocolate factory would be great. 50 is really too much. You know how many cocoa trees that represents in the chocolate factory, for speeding production? Of course you do, you're the devs. It's more than the 109 cocoa trees on my second farm...

You could eliminate the pineapples, strawberries and blueberries too. I hope those are next. At least the strawberries.

Increasing the units per batch of flour would be a godsend. We have to devote almost an entire farm to wheat in order to keep wheat products cranking every day. We could have more variety of crops for production and enjoy more of the buildings, ponds, and decorations if we didn't have to use as much space just to stay ahead of production for wheat. Maybe we can have a genetically enhanced seed that increases production per harvest.
Closed Thread