Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 10 2015, 07:13 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjade27 View Post
It just acts like it is trying to connect but keeps on spinning. I tried another train, same thing, so now I have Farm 20 and 22 that I can't request boost. It happens right after I dispatch, and of course now I have tried to go back in and the same thing happens.
ok we will try and recreate this just as soon as one of our trains comes back. In the meantime if it does start working do come back and let us know please.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 10 2015, 07:15 PM
Account Not Linked

It is trying to load all your friends at once RJ. I am having the same issue because instead of parsing a few friends at a time, it is trying to load all of them. Those with large friends lists are going to find it difficult to boost trains now.
Old Apr 10 2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Barb,
Now those selections are in that first tab. It used to be the Facebook Friends was the first tab. It is not just the cookies but the pop ups too that need to be allowed as those lists are pop ups. The best way to do that is go to the advanced settings and add all those sites to the exceptions for both cookies and pop ups to be allowed. You can also list those sites in the ad blocker exceptions to allow from thier and not have to turn that off. Be sure you close and restart your browser after you have made any settings changes.
We have tested Chrome for that list and it is working, so it has to be the settings.
I allowed pop-ups for all the sites you listed earlier. My daughter can use Chrome on my computer & send gifts with no problem. I can't. I do have a large Friends List, so I think Fokus is right, "...if your Friends List is large it tries to load them all and takes forever, so the Recently Sent To or the ALL Farmers option will never be displayed for those with large friend lists as the Farmer List tab will not load."

Hoping you can come up with a work around or a fix. Thanks!
Old Apr 10 2015, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokus View Post
From the Facebook Friends List Tab when Sending Gifts.
Facebook no longer allow us to access your Facebook Friend Lists. To compensate for this limitation we have added a new filter 'Recently Sent To' in the 'Farmer Lists' section.

That is the latest message from FB so no more mass sending of gifts it seems. It has nothing to do with pop ups... Barb is correct, if your Friends List is large it tries to load them all and takes forever, so the Recently Sent To or the ALL Farmers option will never be displayed for those with large friend lists as the Farmer List tab will not load.

The only option to send gifts now is Suggested Friends which allows 6 at a time.
Hi Fokus,
That message is from Farm Town because of the changes Facebook forced on the 3rd party game companies.
The first tab no longer loads all your Facebook friends. That tab is now only listing those who have Farm Town in their apps. The 4 listing headings are All Farmers (which will list any friends you have that have ever played Farm Town and still have the app in their profile), My Neighbors (lists only those on your neighbors list), Recently sent to, lists those you have recently sent gifts to), and Farmers helping me (those who have sent you gifts, worked your facilities, etc,). So it does not list all your friends as it used to, so how many friends you have does not play into this at all.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 10 2015, 07:35 PM

I can not boost my trains either. I cleaned my browser history and ft memcache and also ran a scan and still cannot boost my trains. I use firefox and run win7 also i am on WF2 if that at all helps.
the trains i am having with is the supreme train. i press the button boost and the box comes up but just doesn't load.
Old Apr 10 2015, 07:50 PM
Account Not Linked

The amount of friends totally is the issue Taz. I know that message is from Farmtown but that is beside the point. Those with small friend lists have no problems those with large list do. How does allowing a popup for Trialpay have ANYTHING to do with people not being able to load a large friends list. It does not, popups have absolutely no bearing on this issue. Period. I have never allowed popups in my settings, I was able to load a friends list when it was parsed into smaller chunks, and now I can't? And you are saying 'oh it's a popup problem'? Seriously? It's the fact that I am trying to load a large list of names from a crappy apps.facebook.com server which is constantly timing out on me.
Old Apr 10 2015, 07:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Hi all,
Those of you who cannot send out the train boosts I need toknow if you are also having trouble sending gifts through the Send Gift tabs. Are you able or not able to get the first tab to load?
For those who cannot send gifts because the first tab will not load, please check as soon as you can please check to see if you can send boost requests for your trains.
The reason I ask is because these are both the same lists as the first tab of the Send gifts tab. As I said before that list is only friends who play or played Farm Town and have the app in their profile and not your complete friends list.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 10 2015, 07:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Yes we are having the same problem sending the gifts Taz. Sending gifts and boosting trains require to load all your friends at once now which is the problem I have been trying to explain. Sending gifts should be broken down to 50 Friends at once and boosting trains set 6 - that would make more sense than to have Suggested friends at 6 at a time when sending gifts.

PS - I have 1300 friends in my list - ALL play Farmtown and it is trying to load them all.

Last edited by Fokus; Apr 10 2015 at 08:01 PM.
Old Apr 10 2015, 08:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokus View Post
The amount of friends totally is the issue Taz. I know that message is from Farmtown but that is beside the point. Those with small friend lists have no problems those with large list do. How does allowing a popup for Trialpay have ANYTHING to do with people not being able to load a large friends list. It does not, popups have absolutely no bearing on this issue. Period. I have never allowed popups in my settings, I was able to load a friends list when it was parsed into smaller chunks, and now I can't? And you are saying 'oh it's a popup problem'? Seriously? It's the fact that I am trying to load a large list of names from a crappy apps.facebook.com server which is constantly timing out on me.
Hi Fokus,
The Trialpay site has nothing to do with this. It is in the list because you need that for buying farmcash or going to the Earn Cash tab for the offers.
If you have a large list of friends then yes it will take a little longer for Facebook to sort out the ones who list Farm Town as an app. However, it is not listing all of those friends.
If as you say that it is the large list of friends causing it not to load then you will need to contact Facebook to get them to allow the 3rd party games to have access to the Facebook friends lists. Apparently they think that it is a privacy issue and there is nothing Farm Town can do to change their minds about this.
The Suggested friends list is created by Facebook and not by Farm Town. Understand that Farm Town can only request these lists with a set of parameters for the request. How Facebook fills those requests is what you get in those lists. Farm Town can only request the information and take what Facebook gives them.
Old Apr 10 2015, 08:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Not much I am going to be able to do with Facebook either - I have been trying to get to them to reset 2 servers which having been giving a Request-Time-Out for 2 months now and causing huge lag for me. It's not like they care what I have to say on the issue. But then I am not the guy developing the game and paying Facebook for the privilege.
Closed Thread