Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 29 2014, 12:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Default problems with placing decorations

I am having difficulty with placing the new decorations: they seem to go everywhere but where I want them.

I can't place them on the tree near the bottom of the farm - the decorations 'jump up'. The height is the same every time.

The decoration is about 2 inches above the cursor - this contributes to the problems with the placement.

I love the decorations! But please make it easy to use them!

Looking forward to more items like these in future releases
Old Nov 29 2014, 12:19 PM

Thank you for the Christmas items but is there anyway you can add more people suitable for a Christmas theme especially children to decorate our festive farms ?
Old Nov 29 2014, 12:27 PM

Thank you for the new Holiday stuff - love the decorations for the tree and the snow for roofs and such.

I do agree the Christmas baubles and lights etc are a little hard to get in the right place - they seem to work like the birds and clouds - you need to click below where you want to put them

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Nov 29 2014, 12:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Thank you for the new Holiday stuff - love the decorations for the tree and the snow for roofs and such.

I do agree the Christmas baubles and lights etc are a little hard to get in the right place - they seem to work like the birds and clouds - you need to click below where you want to put them
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindya View Post
is there a certain way to put the garland ,lights,bulbs on?? It wants to go every which way cept where i want it.....hmmmmm the only way i can get it on a tree or building is make the farm wee little then i cant see what i'm doing....Also there are some gifts i can't send a cpl lights and a cpl garland ,when i send it just gets hung up.....all the others are fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
Yes, the holiday garland, bulbs and lights are worthless to me. What a pity they couldn't have just been placeable with the pointer exactly where you want them to go. Is this catering to your quest to cultivate people in design? Sort of leaves the rest of us out of the loop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjill View Post
I am having difficulty with placing the new decorations: they seem to go everywhere but where I want them.

I can't place them on the tree near the bottom of the farm - the decorations 'jump up'. The height is the same every time.

The decoration is about 2 inches above the cursor - this contributes to the problems with the placement.

I love the decorations! But please make it easy to use them!

Looking forward to more items like these in future releases
The Christmas decorations that are made to be added on an item are floating at a higher level. You can see the same thing with the clouds. Instead of looking at the pointer look at the item you are placing and use that as your guide.
Because the pointer can only go so far outside the farm you will not be able to place those items close to the bottom of the farm just as you can't place the clouds close to the bottom.
I hope this helps you to understand how those items work. Main thing is to look at the item rather than the pointer itself. Think of the pointer showing the ground level.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 29 2014, 12:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwebb View Post
It's really kind of annoying that they always do a "pre" release very soon after a new release and make it part of the new release. Just sayin...
Hi JWebb,
The next release will most likely be less than a week before Christmas, judging from the past few months releases. If they waited that late to release the Christmas items then there would be lots of upset players because they don't have them to decorate until right before Christmas.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 29 2014, 06:38 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

A high five to the developers for the new Christmas decorations. My head has not stopped spinning. I love them. The stars, patches of snow, bows are fantastic. I have seen a few farms and what people are doing with them is beyond belief. Thank you once again for continuing to add wonderful new things to the game.. Now it is back to designing.
Old Nov 29 2014, 09:15 PM

Thanks for getting us the Christmas decorations so early!

I am enjoying the items that can be placed on top of other things, like the snow and the Christmas tree decorations. What fun!

Old Nov 29 2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi JWebb,
The next release will most likely be less than a week before Christmas, judging from the past few months releases. If they waited that late to release the Christmas items then there would be lots of upset players because they don't have them to decorate until right before Christmas.
It is definitely necessary this time around, but not at other times.
Old Nov 30 2014, 02:49 AM
Seraphina Warrior
Account Not Linked

Quote:
It is definitely necessary this time around, but not at other times.
Quote:
It's really kind of annoying that they always do a "pre" release very soon after a new release and make it part of the new release. Just sayin...
Hi Jwebb, items that come shortly after a release are not "pre" release items. They are "post" release items and form part of the existing release. There are times, such as this release, where items such as the Christmas decorations, had to be delayed, due to the Thanksgiving items, and also last month, when the Thanksgiving items themselves were delayed, due to Halloween items.

A "release" is not just for one day. It covers the entire period of the weeks that follow. Any items or changes in that time, form part of the existing release and as such , they are "post" release updates. Post release updates are necessary, and happen every month, in some shape or form. I hope this helps you to understand a little better. Have a great day!
Old Nov 30 2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The Christmas decorations that are made to be added on an item are floating at a higher level. You can see the same thing with the clouds. Instead of looking at the pointer look at the item you are placing and use that as your guide.
Because the pointer can only go so far outside the farm you will not be able to place those items close to the bottom of the farm just as you can't place the clouds close to the bottom.
I hope this helps you to understand how those items work. Main thing is to look at the item rather than the pointer itself. Think of the pointer showing the ground level.
Hi Taz - yes I know what you mean thanks - it jsut takes a bit of adjusting but no real problem. I really like them tho - especially being able to add snow to roofs and such brilliant

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Closed Thread