Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 08 2014, 04:38 PM

I see one problem with the hiring an giving the person tools to do the work when it comes to doing flowers or trees especially!

I worked for my neighbor this morning an since she hired to harvest flowers/trees an chop trees, I could NOT harvest a few 'single' flowers as the 'big flower harvest' tool would not harvest them! You have to use the 'single 'harvest tool' to get the ones that won't pick up with the big tool, it has also happened with trees at times.

When working for a person in the market it makes it so the person working can NOT get a bonus when they are finished cause there are single or a few of either tree or flower that have to be done with the single harvest tool. PLEASE ADD THAT ONE tool back when hiring someone so they can completely get all the stuff on a farm!
Old Jan 08 2014, 04:39 PM

What a truly gracious and fabulous idea to let the farmers in the market use our big tools!!!! WOOO HOOOOOO. No more wondering if you've just hired someone who has no tools. Every hire will be the perfect person for the job now....so long as they are responsible workers. The bonus chests have now been put in reach of every farmer.
And just wait till they get back to their own farm and have to go back to a 1x1. What a GREAT incentive for them to buy their own tools.

Brilliant addition, Raul.

Off to check out the new clouds!! Peace!

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Jan 08 2014, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
I don't think anyone is blaming Slashkey, I know I don't, and not everyone has been begging for this to be added, I noticed that they are adding the option to opt out, which is fair for the ones that didn't beg for it, this should make everyone happy. Everyone has the right to their opinion whether anyone agrees with it or not.
Were I a newbie with no tools and knowing that I could use yours when hired by you as long as I have fuel I would love to do your farms for you. Oh, you won't let me use them, sorry then I will not work for you. Yep, that button to disable it will sure make people want to work for you. I am afraid that button will not make you popular with those who are trying to level up so they can buy their tools and hire new players.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 08 2014, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
I see one problem with the hiring an giving the person tools to do the work when it comes to doing flowers or trees especially!

I worked for my neighbor this morning an since she hired to harvest flowers/trees an chop trees, I could NOT harvest a few 'single' flowers as the 'big flower harvest' tool would not harvest them! You have to use the 'single 'harvest tool' to get the ones that won't pick up with the big tool, it has also happened with trees at times.

When working for a person in the market it makes it so the person working can NOT get a bonus when they are finished cause there are single or a few of either tree or flower that have to be done with the single harvest tool. PLEASE ADD THAT ONE tool back when hiring someone so they can completely get all the stuff on a farm!
The single tool is always available. They may have the option to use your tools but their own tools are also available through the toolbox which would include the single tool. And if you refresh the farm you should drop back to the single tool at that time without having to look for it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 08 2014, 04:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Were I a newbie with no tools and knowing that I could use yours when hired by you as long as I have fuel I would love to do your farms for you. Oh, you won't let me use them, sorry then I will not work for you. Yep, that button to disable it will sure make people want to work for you. I am afraid that button will not make you popular with those who are trying to level up so they can buy their tools and hire new players.
That is their choice, out of all of the posts against it. I won't be using the market place so I don't have to worry about it. I just wish I would have know this was going to happen, my neighbor could have saved hundreds of dollars purchasing the FC tools, this way they could have purchased facilities instead of tools.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jan 08 2014, 04:46 PM

We have to remember, not all farmer have all tools...I have all tools and the 10 x 10 combine...usually I do my own farms but today for the first time I went to the market and hired someone to do my fields.....I went with them and they started h/p with their 5 x 5 combine...told them to use my 10 x 10...and it worked ...the person was so happy to be able to use it...first thing out of their mouth was.....can't wait to be able to get one ......so yes, some people will not buy all tools but, some I'm sure it is going to get more people to buy the bigger one once they use them......besides, it got my farms done (no problem) and they didn't use any of my fuel. Also there might be less (no flowers) or (chopping) or (shaking) or the NO FISHING....lol Sure, this is probably only going to help the people with all tools, but it will give the newbie a taste of what the bigger tools can do. Just hope they got the fuel to finish the job!
Old Jan 08 2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The single tool is always available. They may have the option to use your tools but their own tools are also available through the toolbox which would include the single tool. And if you refresh the farm you should drop back to the single tool at that time without having to look for it.
I tried to find it this morning an it did not show up in the extended tool box, or even at the bottom of the game!
Old Jan 08 2014, 04:58 PM

The new clouds are very pretty. I like that they can be set up high above the buildings etc.
Old Jan 08 2014, 05:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
I tried to find it this morning an it did not show up in the extended tool box, or even at the bottom of the game!
If you refreshed the farm it should be in your hand or would be the bottom item in the the clolumns. The sickle is the botom of the harvester column which would be the one for flowers, trees, and crops. The Axe is at the bottom of the Chainsaws.
Old Jan 08 2014, 05:22 PM

Thank you for the new goodies... I love the new facilities but I have a gripe to pick with you, which is rare, but this time I feel I have to say I am a bit disappointed... Considering the 2 new facs need silk textile rolls that you did not increase the production in the mills... players have been requesting this increase for some time now and a few releases back you did increase the amount in the Long Sliding-Door Car but not in the Textile Mill... I strongly feel the production should be the same amount as the sheep & llama wool rolls, 360 units in the Mills and 510 units in the train cargo car... This morning when I first filled up my Textile Mills (15), I realized the 'bonus batches sent to production' (never understood how that works) were actually added in the mills (sheep & llama wool increased from 360 to 384 and silk from 270 to 348) and was jumping for joy, but my joy quickly dissipated once I closed my Facility Mgr & reopened it, all amounts were back to 360 & 270... It would be nice if you allowed it...

Also, now that we can expand all 20 farms to 36x36, please let it stop there, no more expansions (I have suggestions for this which I will post in the Suggestion section at another time)... I have no problems with loading large farms most of the time but when I do it's not only large farms, the loading is lagging on smaller farms too, 20x20, 26x26, it doesn't make a difference the size of the farm, they all lag when loading... Could this problem be, not with our computers or whether we have large farms or not, but with the FT servers and that the strain of the programming for the large farms across the board is too much for the servers to handle???...

As always, I love this game and I thank each and everyone of you for doing all that you do for our enjoyment!!!...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties

Last edited by Shellgirlmtl; Jan 08 2014 at 05:29 PM.
Closed Thread