Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 05 2017, 11:12 AM

Oh I understand that. My connection gets messed up as well. But I go back and ask them to re-hire me, just so I can complete the job I started, and that I told them I would do...
No, they said they just didn't want to do it anymore and left.
I ask for help in farming to help people level up and earn points. I honor my word; and I guess I've never seen so many who do not honor their word when they give it.
But this will not stop me from farming....I love this game!!!!
Thank you for your replies!!!!
Old Jul 17 2017, 03:14 PM

So let me see if I understand this correctly. You get no bonus pts which helps you level up if you work for a buddy or a neighbor? Only for strangers in the market place? What is the purpose in having buddies or neighbors if you are being penalized. At least that is how I perceive this. I know I deleted some neighbors that have not played in years and I lost space in my storage. Now I have to ask strangers to friend me on FB in order to add as neighbors to play the game for storage issue. I have a buddy that I am going to undo so that she can get the xp points. Just doesn't make sense to this ole geezer.
Old Jul 17 2017, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfoxx View Post
So let me see if I understand this correctly. You get no bonus pts which helps you level up if you work for a buddy or a neighbor? Only for strangers in the market place? What is the purpose in having buddies or neighbors if you are being penalized. At least that is how I perceive this. I know I deleted some neighbors that have not played in years and I lost space in my storage. Now I have to ask strangers to friend me on FB in order to add as neighbors to play the game for storage issue. I have a buddy that I am going to undo so that she can get the xp points. Just doesn't make sense to this ole geezer.
Hi Silverfoxx,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread for discussions about hiring as you are not asking a question or reporting a specific problem that can be fixed.
The purpose of the bonus was to get people to come back to the market to hire and be hired. At the time the market place work was not being accepted because the rewards were not enough for the amount of work they were being asked to do.
If you wish to make a suggestion to change how it is done then please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 17 2017, 07:54 PM

thank you Taz,
Old Sep 14 2017, 12:44 PM

I just left the market place. There were 10 people there. 7 of them had the orange "Hire Me" status and of those 4-5 were saying "Need a job" or Joooob Please! or whatever . I tried to hire each of those 7 people to HP and do trees and every one of them turned me down. Why do people do this? Why turn your status orange and yell for a job if you have no intention of accepting it? I went to another market place which appeared to be same marketplace I just left as the same people were there plus a few more added and I finally got someone to do the work.
Old Sep 26 2017, 11:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

sometimes when you send a hire request, the person to whom its sent takes forever to reply that I tend to try another person, or else they accept but they don't appear to actually go to the farm and start any work.. maybe they have a slow connection or computer... or in a lot of cases, the person does not have every thing hidden in preferences and big farms take forever to load... so many don't seem to understand that they need to have EVERY THING HIDDEN, lol... and then when another person who has a faster computer and internet connection gets hired, they manage to get the work done in record time... I have also experienced workers who don't use the extent tools supplied by me.. have actually found some doing the harvesting, then trying to plow.. when they can do it once using the Harvest Plow Combine.. I think this is why we need a Fire the Worker so that they can them be able to return to market and perhaps get an easier job on a small farm... a lot of them don't finish the work either which is frustrating..
Old Sep 26 2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
sometimes when you send a hire request, the person to whom its sent takes forever to reply that I tend to try another person, or else they accept but they don't appear to actually go to the farm and start any work.. maybe they have a slow connection or computer... or in a lot of cases, the person does not have every thing hidden in preferences and big farms take forever to load... so many don't seem to understand that they need to have EVERY THING HIDDEN, lol... and then when another person who has a faster computer and internet connection gets hired, they manage to get the work done in record time... I have also experienced workers who don't use the extent tools supplied by me.. have actually found some doing the harvesting, then trying to plow.. when they can do it once using the Harvest Plow Combine.. I think this is why we need a Fire the Worker so that they can them be able to return to market and perhaps get an easier job on a small farm... a lot of them don't finish the work either which is frustrating..
The not using the extent tools may be for the reason I don't always use them. Not all computers can handle the extent tools. Many times I can get done faster and with less hassle with my little purple 6x6 combine than I can with the largest extent tools.
Old Jan 12 2018, 11:27 AM

I'm getting really really irritated at those people who come to get the crops, but leave the flowers and trees. They are willing to give up their bonuses just so they don't have to spend time doing it. Something needs to be done, either 1. punish them big time - maybe no xp's for any crops when there are items missed on previous farms? or 2. give them the big tools/benefits so they will do them (maybe rent the big tools to them for a percentage of the take). I don't have the money to buy every tool in the book, but I have small tools and loads of fuel, so they shouldn't complain. Something needs to happen here.
Old Jan 12 2018, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
I'm getting really really irritated at those people who come to get the crops, but leave the flowers and trees. They are willing to give up their bonuses just so they don't have to spend time doing it. Something needs to be done, either 1. punish them big time - maybe no xp's for any crops when there are items missed on previous farms? or 2. give them the big tools/benefits so they will do them (maybe rent the big tools to them for a percentage of the take). I don't have the money to buy every tool in the book, but I have small tools and loads of fuel, so they shouldn't complain. Something needs to happen here.
Hi ANgel,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread about Hiring as you are not posting about a problem or question that we can help you with.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 12 2018, 12:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
Unfortunately, they will always find a way. "Herding cats" comes to mind. You can't change what they do, only what you do. For me, I just do my own farms. BUT if I find someone who does a good job, I Buddy them so I can contact them again. Yes, they are quite rare anymore.

I think the problems you're writing about are also the reasons why it's so hard to actually GET hired in the Market Place now. When I had an hour or so to kill and just wanted to "chill" I would hire out to do some farms. But it seems now there are lots of people looking for work, but few that are actually hiring. And I don't blame them.

I'd like to see a way to "fire" someone who is behaving badly. That would require a new feature, though, because trying to catch those little avatars while they are hopping around -- just to send them a message, for instance -- is almost impossible. :-)