Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Sep 03 2016, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajorgy View Post
I bought the new tree harvester and flower harvester. the tree harvester is just a big box with a yellow border. I can't use it that way. I haven't tried the flower harvester yet.
Hi ajorgy,
Raul said it is a new way of using it. It will harvest all trees that are contained in the yellow border. Think of your farm being broken up in to individual squares that you highlight with the box rather than highlighting the trees themselves.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 07 2016, 04:40 PM

I noticed we have less control and it does not improve the amount of clicks if we cannot hover the square over the most amount of trees. It does not allow me to position the square over the most amount of trees/. So I had to make two passes over the rows along the edge of the farm to get them done whereas before with the 16 x16 I had far more control over what got harvested with one click. Is there a way to change this so I can position the harvest yellow square over the most amount of trees?

[color="purple"][b]Here is what I mean. It either does the row on the edge or jumps a row in and will not line up on this side to do all around the edge. I hope this makes sense. I have a screen shot showing you can do either or but not from the edge in to maximize coverage of tool.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 07 2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old Sep 07 2016, 05:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I noticed we have less control and it does not improve the amount of clicks if we cannot hover the square over the most amount of trees. It does not allow me to position the square over the most amount of trees/. So I had to make two passes over the rows along the edge of the farm to get them done whereas before with the 16 x16 I had far more control over what got harvested with one click. Is there a way to change this so I can position the harvest yellow square over the most amount of trees?

[color="purple"][b]Here is what I mean. It either does the row on the edge or jumps a row in and will not line up on this side to do all around the edge. I hope this makes sense. I have a screen shot showing you can do either or but not from the edge in to maximize coverage of tool.
Hi Riap,
The square with this tool is not meant to be movable. It is based on the land spot and not where the trees are. So on the upper sides it will be exactly on the edge. The different sizes of farms will make the bottom left and right boxes though cover area outside of the farm.
Raul has already said they will come up with a way to switch these tools back to using the old method of highlighting trees if that is the way you want to do it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 07 2016, 05:29 PM

Thanks Taz,
I did notice it works a bit better if I start from the top corner, but having control to put the box over the maximum amount of trees would be awesome if that is ever possible. As it is I do like the concept.
Old Sep 07 2016, 06:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Taz,
I did notice it works a bit better if I start from the top corner, but having control to put the box over the maximum amount of trees would be awesome if that is ever possible. As it is I do like the concept.
Hi Riap,
What the developers are offering is to have the tool act just like the previous tools as in highlighting the trees or to act as is. Many who have used the new method a few days have found that it is faster than the tree highlightingmethod, because they don't have to try to hget it to highlight a group of trees. Scattered small sections of trees are not going to seem to be as efficient with the new method, but even with those I find it faster. I start in the upper corner and either go aross to the right or down the left side. Then slide it over one row and start back up the next row. I am not looking at the individual trees, but just going through box by box.
Old Sep 08 2016, 12:32 AM

I am learning to use it and it is, overall faster, though there are times when i wish i just had a tad more control so the last few clumps of trees take one click of the box instead of two. I do agree it is faster than trying to pinpoint the edge of a clump of trees. I too, found starting in the upper corner helps a great deal.
For the flowers it is a NICE improvement since finding the right edge of a flower section was always harder than the trees. One of chopping would be great too.
Old Sep 08 2016, 07:07 PM

Smile Quantum Leap

Quote:
I am learning to use it and it is, overall faster, though there are times when i wish i just had a tad more control so the last few clumps of trees take one click of the box instead of two. I do agree it is faster than trying to pinpoint the edge of a clump of trees. I too, found starting in the upper corner helps a great deal.
For the flowers it is a NICE improvement since finding the right edge of a flower section was always harder than the trees. One of chopping would be great too.
The new Tree Shaker and Flower Harvester are a stunning Quantum Leap and very easy to get used to; I love them, and am hoping see a Chain Saw with similar attributes soon! Thank you very much!

Suntanned

post scriptum: And the new Red Fishing Boat is crazy good!
Old Sep 11 2016, 06:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

My SNB and I both have tools but when I go to his farm, none of the seeders are showing. The other tools of mine show, just not the seeders. On his farm no tools show at all. I have done a memcache and refreshed/loaded the farm many times. How can I get them to show,please?

Last edited by slartismum; Sep 11 2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added more info
Old Sep 11 2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartismum View Post
My SNB and I both have tools but when I go to his farm, none of the seeders are showing. The other tools of mine show, just not the seeders. On his farm no tools show at all. I have done a memcache and refreshed/loaded the farm many times. How can I get them to show,please?

Hi slartismum

Please ask him to check if he has allowed you to plant by having a check mark for "Allow Planting". If that option is unchecked then the seeder is not showed up.

Also be sure that all tools are in storage for you both
Old Sep 11 2016, 07:04 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you Mary Marcel for your quick response. Both farms have tools in the toolbox and this problem has only shown up in the past couple of weeks. I can harvest and plow the fields no problem but cannot sow anything on his farm. Another S-NB tried it with the same result.