Closed Thread

Old Jun 05 2011, 04:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

THE BAD:

When posting my belt achievements to give plants to neighbors and get the bonus for myself, I have a lot of neighbors clicking "like" but I receive few of the belt bonuses in my gift box. I recently posted a belt for mushrooms and did not get a single thing in return although I know at least 6 or 7 of my neighbors clicked the link.

I am able to click just ONE neighbor's belt posting or ingredient request in the feed and then I am told I have reached my limit of (what is it) $250,000 in 3 hours? Why have people posting all of those things if I can only click ONE of them? So many lost opportunities! It is disappointing and frustrating to see all of those go by and I can do nothing to take advantage of them!

I will start paying closer attention, but I believe at least since yesterday, the 3-hr limit has extended for me for some unknown reason. A couple of times I was fairly certain more than 3 hours had gone by but I still couldn't claim *my one item* lol, from the feed due to the time restriction.

Is this a new bug that needs to be fixed?

Or somehow is the $ limit at conflict with these other things? I didn't think the $ limit applied to people clicking on my own requests...

THE GOOD:

I really like how the belt postings are now for the black belts and the degrees of black belts, and that other, lesser, achievements (except for the brown) just have a temporary flash of small text on the top of the game screen. Great solution! But, IMHO, you can go even a step further and also nix all feed postings for the brown belts.

I love Farm Town! Although I much prefer the graphic elements of FV, I was swayed to stay with FT only (and only give FT my hard-earned REAL cash) because of how well the Devs pay attention and respond to the wishes of the players. I won't play a game (like FV) where they take my money and consistently ignore my wishes. Farm Town doesn't do that, so THANK YOU!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 05 2011, 04:29 PM

Level:
XP:

One more little thing:

If possible, when we DO get the extra crop bonus, could it be announced to us while harvesting with the little temporary flash of happy text at the top of the screen? It would save us from having to try to figure out via the amounts in our storage if a particular crop yielded a bonus or not.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 05 2011, 04:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Pink View Post
One more little thing:

If possible, when we DO get the extra crop bonus, could it be announced to us while harvesting with the little temporary flash of happy text at the top of the screen? It would save us from having to try to figure out via the amounts in our storage if a particular crop yielded a bonus or not.
Agree. Oops (message too short) !
Old Jun 05 2011, 10:25 PM

Level:
XP:

OK, first of all thank you for continuing to make this an awesome game!!

BUT... we need a bald head for the male avatars! LoL!

And, I may have missed this somewhere, but do we have to post both facilities AND services, or does one post suffice for both??
Old Jun 05 2011, 11:12 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by plbright View Post
OK, first of all thank you for continuing to make this an awesome game!!

BUT... we need a bald head for the male avatars! LoL!

And, I may have missed this somewhere, but do we have to post both facilities AND services, or does one post suffice for both??
It is seperate posts .
Old Jun 06 2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy333 View Post
okay nice idea the belts. love the happy colors from the belts in the shop. but one serious question : why do whe need a belt system??????????????
We need the belts because those folks who can't make goals for themselves and depend on the game to do so for them were bored and needed something to do

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jun 06 2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Pink View Post
But, IMHO, you can go even a step further and [u][b]also nix all feed postings for the brown belts.

I say nix all the Dan degrees too except for the highest one. The Dan belt popups are in the way of my farming...at least for now.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Jun 06 2011, 08:17 AM

It took a few days, but now the belt idea has ME, its greatest fan, upset.

I am limited to how many bonuses I can accept, and when I return later the bonus offers I had to pass by have expired. PLUS I pull myself up to a brown belt, get 2 takers after I post then it expires and NOW it seems brown belts may no longer be offered as bonuses.

You have given in to the most advanced players to whom a couple hundred tomatoes mean nothing. I plant on 7 farms but the other 2 have to be used for facilities. Layering is something I don't do. So, even though I found the belt idea a chance to get me some badly needed extra crops, it is going away because it is too EASY?

If each belt is a one time offer and now they don't appear till black or dan, I may as well give up trying for them. That is too bad because I was enjoying figuring out strategies to get belts faster.

Last edited by Grammy 11; Jun 06 2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old Jun 06 2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
It took a few days, but now the belt idea has ME, its greatest fan, upset.

I am limited to how many bonuses I can accept, and when I return later the bonus offers I had to pass by have expired. PLUS I pull myself up to a brown belt, get 2 takers after I post then it expires and NOW it seems brown belts may no longer be offered as bonuses.

You have given in to the most advanced players to whom a couple hundred tomatoes mean nothing. I plant on 7 farms but the other 2 have to be used for facilities. Layering is something I don't do. So, even though I found the belt idea a chance to get me some badly needed extra crops, it is going away because it is too EASY?

If each belt is a one time offer and now they don't appear till black or dan, I may as well give up trying for them. That is too bad because I was enjoying figuring out strategies to get belts faster.
Dont know whats happening but I am getting Brown Belt notifications and pop-ups.

Devs - please dont get rid of the Brown belts or the Dan degree posts!

I guess Im in the minority but I am depending on all of them to stock up some badly needed crops I have trouble getting enough of!
Old Jun 06 2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
We need the belts because those folks who can't make goals for themselves and depend on the game to do so for them were bored and needed something to do
Oh dear!!!
Closed Thread