Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Closed Thread

Old Jan 15 2018, 10:37 AM

Once again the facilities I have the most of are not listed in the facilities chain! I have MANY metal mills, paper mills, textile mills, saw mills, ink & pigment factories, and several dairy processing, sugar factories, rubber plant, petrochemical, etc. but these are NEVER offered as available for the facilities chain! WHY?!

If memory serves I've only seen two factories that I have multiples of (bakery & soft drink). Why are the others that I have NEVER listed for the facilities chain?

Random? NOT!!! Just like the quest where recently 3 of the 4 offered where FC facilities I don't own. Random? Sure they are NOT!

Why are the ONLY facilities I have more than one of that ARE listed the bakery and soft drink factory when I have MANY others that I own more than one of?

Last edited by JohnAlbertini; Jan 15 2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old Jan 15 2018, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Once again the facilities I have the most of are not listed in the facilities chain! I have MANY metal mills, paper mills, textile mills, saw mills, ink & pigment factories, and several dairy processing, sugar factories, rubber plant, petrochemical, etc. but these are NEVER offered as available for the facilities chain! WHY?!

If memory serves I've only seen two factories that I have multiples of (bakery & soft drink). Why are the others that I have EVER listed for the facilities chain?

Random? NOT!!! Just like the quest where recently 3 of the 4 offered where FC facilities I don't own. Random? Sure they are NOT!

Why are the ONLY facilities I have more than one of that ARE listed the bakery and soft drink factory when I have MANY others that I own more than one of?
Hi John,
There isn't any random pick in the facility chains. A facility chain has to feed a service in order to be used in a chain. The ones you listed feed other regular facilities and not directly to a service facility.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 15 2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi John,
There isn't any random pick in the facility chains. A facility chain has to feed a service in order to be used in a chain. The ones you listed feed other regular facilities and not directly to a service facility.
The Dairy Processing Plant makes some products used in service facilities but, yes, the others would appear to not help service facilities.
Old Jan 15 2018, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
The Dairy Processing Plant makes some products used in service facilities but, yes, the others would appear to not help service facilities.
Hi John,
One more thing you need to keep in mind. If you have a chain for a service that stocks items from the dairy processing plant then you can not use the plant for a chain. You can not have chains for both ends.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 19 2018, 03:33 AM

Good Morning,

I love this new Facilities Chain Feature and am working on getting ready for the next time I can add a new chain. But I've come across what I think is a glitch. I want to make my next chain with the Modern School and, when I open the facility, it shows that all the items are 7th Dan but when I look at the 'Add facilities chain' list it shows that there is one missing in there (16/17).

Yesterday I was missing the chalk board eraser was at 6th Dan but got that one up after harvesting sheep wool this morning. Very strange though is that I got a notice that I just attained 1st Dan for that same eraser!

This may rectify itself when I come home from work tonight (as they sometimes do) but this is the situation at the moment.

My thanks in advance for any help with this :-)

Link to my farm:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6375&farm_ix=0
Old Jan 19 2018, 04:50 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Good Morning,

I love this new Facilities Chain Feature and am working on getting ready for the next time I can add a new chain. But I've come across what I think is a glitch. I want to make my next chain with the Modern School and, when I open the facility, it shows that all the items are 7th Dan but when I look at the 'Add facilities chain' list it shows that there is one missing in there (16/17).

Yesterday I was missing the chalk board eraser was at 6th Dan but got that one up after harvesting sheep wool this morning. Very strange though is that I got a notice that I just attained 1st Dan for that same eraser!

This may rectify itself when I come home from work tonight (as they sometimes do) but this is the situation at the moment.

My thanks in advance for any help with this :-)
Hi Catharina,

If you have just reached 1st Dan for the eraser then you were actually at 7th Belt for it not 7th Dan. The icons for 7th belt and 7th Dan look very similar.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 27 2018, 08:21 PM

I don't like the Facility Chain scheme, but tonight when I was filling my bakeries I saw that they were colored blue and they were in a chain. My question is how they were added to the Facility Chain without me doing it, and How can I remove them.
The Mayor said that If I delete the chain the products will go to the storage and they will be sold in the market. But I don't want this to happen because I want my neighbors to click my facilities and earn me xp. Any idea who or what put me in this mess?
Old Jan 27 2018, 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
I don't like the Facility Chain scheme, but tonight when I was filling my bakeries I saw that they were colored blue and they were in a chain. My question is how they were added to the Facility Chain without me doing it, and How can I remove them.
The Mayor said that If I delete the chain the products will go to the storage and they will be sold in the market. But I don't want this to happen because I want my neighbors to click my facilities and earn me xp. Any idea who or what put me in this mess?
Hi Edmo,
The only way your bakeries were put into a facility chains is if you clicked on them in the Facility Chain manager.

To remove them from chains go into the Facility Chains Manager in your tool box just above the Facility Manager, click on My Chains and then the delete chain button.

The only products that will be moved to storage are the ones currently completed, not the ones that are still pending for your neighbors to work. Those products will be available for either selling in the market or to fill your other faclities or services.

You might want to read the chapter in the Game Guide about the facility chains to see the benefit of them. Any products made for the facility chains are over and above what is produced for your own facilities and earn you extra coins when you export them to one or more neighbors that have service facility chains that can import those products.
The chains are not costing you any additional products or coins to produce the additional amount and you gain more coins from that production.
Old Jan 27 2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Edmo,
The only way your bakeries were put into a facility chains is if you clicked on them in the Facility Chain manager.

To remove them from chains go into the Facility Chains Manager in your tool box just above the Facility Manager, click on My Chains and then the delete chain button.

The only products that will be moved to storage are the ones currently completed, not the ones that are still pending for your neighbors to work. Those products will be available for either selling in the market or to fill your other faclities or services.

You might want to read the chapter in the Game Guide about the facility chains to see the benefit of them. Any products made for the facility chains are over and above what is produced for your own facilities and earn you extra coins when you export them to one or more neighbors that have service facility chains that can import those products.
The chains are not costing you any additional products or coins to produce the additional amount and you gain more coins from that production.
Thank you, Taz, but the rules are very complicated for me to comprehend.
Old Jan 27 2018, 08:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
Thank you, Taz, but the rules are very complicated for me to comprehend.
Hi Edmo,
What is complicated about it? When you set up a chain, then start production in those facilities. You produce the 100% for your own facilities plus an additional amount that goes in your Export storage when you store the products from those facilities.
Then after those are stored you go to My Chains in the Facility Chain Manager and click on the green Export button for those facilities. If you have neighbors that can use those products they will show with an Export button for you to click. Simple as that.
On the other side of this you can also make chains of service facilities where you can import products to stock your services to make additional coins.
Closed Thread