Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 13 2011, 04:25 AM

finding it more common now since the recent upgrades of not getting the pop up saying they accept the job. so I hire someone else! I feel bad when i go back to the famr and 5 people are fighting over a patch because I didnt know they were already there!
Old Aug 13 2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer fitchy View Post
finding it more common now since the recent upgrades of not getting the pop up saying they accept the job. so I hire someone else! I feel bad when i go back to the famr and 5 people are fighting over a patch because I didnt know they were already there!

may the strong survive !!
Old Aug 15 2011, 09:05 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

The one thing that makes me crazy is when I do hire people in the hiring market, they don't finish. Now I do understand that computers get in the way. But it happens a lot when they are 4 hour crops. I have taken to doing it all myself. I have gone back to the market and watched as these same people want to know what crop they are being hired for! Just wanted to say............
Old Aug 15 2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
...hey, if you like to fish, knock yourself out.

I don't have any tools except the coin tools and manure spreaders, though I am seriously considering getting the boats above any other tools now because it'd be nice to have very little competition!!
I don't mind fishing and sometimes enjoy it because I bot the boat and it is the best investment i've ever made with this game. HOWEVER I will NOT fish stacked water-PERIOD. Even wi the boat it is a P A I N
Old Aug 16 2011, 10:16 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
Thanks for opening a discussion thread.

I still wish we had an option to fire people. I sincerely doubt the amount of people hiring just to fire is so significant that the rest of the population should be held hostage to slow, disrespectful or verbally abusive players.
I agree. People should have the option. Is someone is just plain rude, why should they not be fired? We should definitely have this option.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 17 2011, 12:22 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuething View Post
I agree. People should have the option. Is someone is just plain rude, why should they not be fired? We should definitely have this option.
One person's definition of rude is not the same as another person's definition of rude. While there is a small percentage of the time when people truly need a fire button 99% of the time it is not needed. There are people that want a fire button because people do not say thank you .000000002 seconds after they land on the farm. They feel like that is 10 times the amount of time they need and they should have said thank you by then and if they don't they will fire them. There are people that think others should say think you 10 times while harvesting a farm or give tons of parse to the farmer if they are hired for a high paying crop instead of raspberries a simple thank you is not enough so they are being rude. Not everyone speaks the same language so if someone does not speak when spoken to they are being rude and should be fired. It doesn't really matter if the person doesn't know the first word in English they should learn if they are going to play this game if they don't they are being rude. People also get upset because their worker is there to work and not chat and want to fire them for that reason. It would be very abused if ever put in the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 17 2011, 04:37 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
One person's definition of rude is not the same as another person's definition of rude. While there is a small percentage of the time when people truly need a fire button 99% of the time it is not needed. There are people that want a fire button because people do not say thank you .000000002 seconds after they land on the farm. They feel like that is 10 times the amount of time they need and they should have said thank you by then and if they don't they will fire them. There are people that think others should say think you 10 times while harvesting a farm or give tons of parse to the farmer if they are hired for a high paying crop instead of raspberries a simple thank you is not enough so they are being rude. Not everyone speaks the same language so if someone does not speak when spoken to they are being rude and should be fired. It doesn't really matter if the person doesn't know the first word in English they should learn if they are going to play this game if they don't they are being rude. People also get upset because their worker is there to work and not chat and want to fire them for that reason. It would be very abused if ever put in the game.
I agree with that 100%
Old Aug 17 2011, 08:05 AM

I have a problem where you hire people to harvest and plow, but they don't.

There are times when my farms are ready, I hire people before I go to work and come home to dead crops because the person I've hired has left and I don't know they've done that until it's too late.

Is there some sort of ranking system that could be implemented? For instance, if a person is hired and they do what they've been hired to do in its entirety, they're given a point (or maybe a star?) that is shown next to their name so that a person hiring knows they've got someone who will get the job done.

I don't know if this is even possible, but I'm throwing the idea out there anyway.
Old Aug 19 2011, 09:58 AM
Account Not Linked

I have a problem with people who hire you to do multi jobs and when you get there it is nothing but one job, like plowing, that you would have turned down if you had known. then they get angry and bad talk you in the market if you complain or refuse to do the job because it was deliberately mis-represented.
Old Aug 19 2011, 09:59 AM
Account Not Linked

I have asked around when in the market and then add reliable people to my buddy list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debosophy View Post
I have a problem where you hire people to harvest and plow, but they don't.

There are times when my farms are ready, I hire people before I go to work and come home to dead crops because the person I've hired has left and I don't know they've done that until it's too late.

Is there some sort of ranking system that could be implemented? For instance, if a person is hired and they do what they've been hired to do in its entirety, they're given a point (or maybe a star?) that is shown next to their name so that a person hiring knows they've got someone who will get the job done.

I don't know if this is even possible, but I'm throwing the idea out there anyway.