Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Dec 25 2016, 08:41 AM

Default cargo ships

I have two ships sitting at first port. This player does not seem to play anymore. so my ships will return in seven days with nothing because of this. That's not good. Thanks for your time
Old Dec 28 2016, 03:30 PM

Thumbs down Cargo ships are a joke

I think some Einstein at Slashkey needs to rethink how these cargo ships are done. It's been 2 days, my ship has been docked at neighbor #2 for 1 1/2 days AND NOT GETTING LOADED!!! So what happens in 4 days when my ship can't go to any other ports? I get NOTHING because of ONE STUPID NEIGHBOR!!! I have trouble finding neighbors for this game as it is, the ones I DO have clearly aren't daily players so I do what I can to do these new tools or whatever and I have to rely on neighbors whether I get goods or not? It's hard enough trying to complete any co-op quests having to wait on neighbors!!
Old Dec 28 2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxie View Post
I think some Einstein at Slashkey needs to rethink how these cargo ships are done. It's been 2 days, my ship has been docked at neighbor #2 for 1 1/2 days AND NOT GETTING LOADED!!! So what happens in 4 days when my ship can't go to any other ports? I get NOTHING because of ONE STUPID NEIGHBOR!!! I have trouble finding neighbors for this game as it is, the ones I DO have clearly aren't daily players so I do what I can to do these new tools or whatever and I have to rely on neighbors whether I get goods or not? It's hard enough trying to complete any co-op quests having to wait on neighbors!!
Please read the first page of the forum regarding the update for December 1, 2016. At the end of the notice from Raul announcing the update he also gives very clear statements that changes have been in the works to how the cargo ships work. And before you consider what he has written too complex, remember that it is a work in progress and other methods of delivering the goodies are being considered.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 30 2016, 08:51 AM
Senior Moderator

I have reopened this thread now that the changes have been made to the Cargo Ships. If you just want to discuss the cargo ships pro or con please do so here.

If you have a question or problem with your ships please post in Hel & Support Cargo Ships thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490

If you have a suggestion about the cargo ships please post it in the Suggestions section:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595066
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 30 2016, 09:32 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxie View Post
You do realize this is a game, right? You're getting all stressed out over a game. One of my ships has been stuck in the very first port for 5.6 days, it's no big deal. Patience, the devs will get it sorted and make it more functional for us.

I've been playing this game for 7 years and trust me when I say the devs here are the best. They have spoiled us rotten and there are no other games out there that treat their players as well as these men and women do here.
Old Dec 30 2016, 01:04 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchBowWow View Post
You do realize this is a game, right? You're getting all stressed out over a game. One of my ships has been stuck in the very first port for 5.6 days, it's no big deal. Patience, the devs will get it sorted and make it more functional for us.
Hey, if it's not worth getting frustrated over, it's not worth playing. And for that first week, the cargo ships were frustrating indeed. So far the changes are working beautifully for me.
Old Dec 30 2016, 07:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Well I decided to try a ship just to see what it was all about and try to understand what everyone was in a dither about. First it is a farmer's choice to do them and I think they should realize that there may be choppy seas before there is smooth sailing. I do appreciate the ability to skip ports and look forward to seeing if the other fixes you are working on will help. I have a couple of SUGGESTIONS to help. I do the trains and love the option when I can choose who I send my trains too. I usually choose people who have helped me. I also love the farm stats option so I do not have to go to each farm to check on my crops. Is there a way to incorporate the ships into these options? If this is post is not in the correct place feel free to move it. People need to calm down until the choppy seas settles. Thank you for always trying new things to keep the game interesting. Will I continue with the ships...who knows... will probably see how the fixes go and then make a decision if they sail or go into dry dock. My choice..will I support those who do them.... OH YES....one of the reasons I have stayed with this game is for the friendships and support I get when I need help.
Old Dec 30 2016, 08:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trina531 View Post
Well I decided to try a ship just to see what it was all about and try to understand what everyone was in a dither about. First it is a farmer's choice to do them and I think they should realize that there may be choppy seas before there is smooth sailing. I do appreciate the ability to skip ports and look forward to seeing if the other fixes you are working on will help. I have a couple of SUGGESTIONS to help. I do the trains and love the option when I can choose who I send my trains too. I usually choose people who have helped me. I also love the farm stats option so I do not have to go to each farm to check on my crops. Is there a way to incorporate the ships into these options? If this is post is not in the correct place feel free to move it. People need to calm down until the choppy seas settles. Thank you for always trying new things to keep the game interesting. Will I continue with the ships...who knows... will probably see how the fixes go and then make a decision if they sail or go into dry dock. My choice..will I support those who do them.... OH YES....one of the reasons I have stayed with this game is for the friendships and support I get when I need help.
Hi Trina,
Please put your suggestions in the Suggestions section and not in the feedback section. You can't start a new thread in that, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestions.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2016, 04:53 AM
Account Not Linked

The biggest issue with ships is visiting Ports of farm town neighbours who no longer play.

All of this could have been avoided if Farm Town had adopted the same system as other games on Face Book. When someone removes you as a friend on FB it also removes them and you from the games you play. This has always been an annoyance with me on FT because it didn't. And not until recently could we remove a neighbour from their list. I do not feel at all neighbourly when I have to load a ship of someone who has removed me from Face Book but has kept me as a FT neighbour when I have removed them from FT! Yes I know I don't have to load it but what is there to do when it is just sitting there!

I also have a few neighbours and FB friends who no longer play or play very occasionally. Some are elderly and it means I will have to remove those people from FT and also loose some storage space. Then to find new people to play this game in order to have my ship visit farms of people playing regularly.

I like the idea of the ships but this has not really been thought out very well. It seems you have included lots of people on my ship list that no longer play and have not for some time, in some cases years, while others that do play on occasions are not on the "port" list.

Has this been done in some mistaken thought that those who haven't played in a while/years will suddenly come back and play. Well that is my thoughts on it and misguided in my opinion.

I have kept people who no longer play on my list for storage purposes but it seems now I am going to have to remove people from the FT game and find new ones. At the expense of maybe upsetting a few, if and when they come back!

Yes we can move our ships on with a count limit, but we loose the goods for that farm and the count getting bigger. Defeats the object of the exercise doesn't it!
Old Dec 31 2016, 10:06 AM

I guess I am one of the lucky ones as my 1st ship made the rounds with very few problems, the longest wait I had at a port was 3 days but once that farmer came back from vacation and loaded it, it was smooth sailing through the remaining ports. I do like the idea of choosing your own ports of call.