Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 14 2017, 11:30 PM

Default I skip after or 10 hrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
I haven't gotten to all 30 ports either. I have to skip a lot too.I try to keep in mind that people have lives outside of the game. I try to load my neighbors ships as much as I can but like a lot of people I have a real job which takes precedence loading a fake ship. I can't be there all day loading neighbor's ships nor do I expect others to be there waiting for mine. I get on the game in the evening after work and I send out what ships are waiting for me then. I usually wait 24 hrs and if my ship hasn't been loaded I send it on.
I skip after 8 hrs or if the person is a close friend then 10 hrs. What I find most annoying is when people have a green cicrlce by their name which should mean they are on their farms and they do not send ships on. You choose people to send the ships to on original despatch from the green circles and then the ships aren't sent on.
Old Aug 14 2017, 11:45 PM

Default You delete neighbours who don't send ships on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
There needs to be a better system for filling the log for ships. I just launched a ship, but when I went to check the log before I dispatched it, I was astounded to see that it was almost totally filled with people I have skipped or replaced many, many times. I only could exchange five at the top and five at the bottom, but I have serious doubts that the middle ones will send my ship along. There should be some way that we could eliminate people from that roster or have a designated list of "favorites". Most of these non-ship people are otherwise good neighbors so it would not be a good move to unfriend them.
You delete neighbours who don't send ships on and leave them as friends. I have deleted many neighbours this way but of the 60 people doing ships there are only maybe around 10 people I know will send ships on [promptly. In the night when I get up to go to the toilet I always send ships on.
Old Aug 23 2017, 01:59 PM

Default Ships timings

I have 4 ships out and 2 ships ready to unload. I am in the process of preparing my last ship. For the first 9 containers it was 6 minutes then my last one jumped to 11 minutes. Why is that. The timings are not very consistent and I have found that some times the length of time for a container to be completed varies on the same ship. Hmmm what is going on.
Old Aug 23 2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
I have 4 ships out and 2 ships ready to unload. I am in the process of preparing my last ship. For the first 9 containers it was 6 minutes then my last one jumped to 11 minutes. Why is that. The timings are not very consistent and I have found that some times the length of time for a container to be completed varies on the same ship. Hmmm what is going on.
Hi Vivienne

When your time for loading changes it is because a ship on the dispatched list drops off the list decreasing how many ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days. Each ship only stays on the list exactly 7 days from the time it is dispatched.

You can see how many ships are on your dispatch list by clicking on the ? within the container box, next to the laoding time, you are currently loading. It will tell you the date and time of each ship so you know when one gets to 7 days old it will drop off the list.
Old Aug 30 2017, 12:29 AM

Getting very frustrated/disappointed with the ship thing. Spend an hour preparing and sending mine off every morning but they are just not getting enough support. Get something but it seems less every day. Time to rethink? Trains are always very rewarding. Love and fully appreciate you devs & sure you can rework this for the best. Big spender, Snookie S.

Last edited by Snookie Sue; Aug 30 2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old Aug 30 2017, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie Sue View Post
Getting very frustrated/disappointed with the ship thing. Spend an hour preparing and sending mine off every morning but they are just not getting enough support. Get something but it seems less every day. Time to rethink? Trains are always very rewarding. Love and fully appreciate you devs & sure you can rework this for the best. Big spender, Snookie S.
Hi Snookie Sue,
Are you using the Replace to put neighbors in your ship logbook that do the ships? Not everyone will or can do the ships. We can't force them to do it. Even if the rewards for loading them were increased some just don't have the time to constantly watch for ships in their port. Only thing you can do is try to find enough neighbors willing and able to do the ships.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 17 2017, 05:58 AM

I'd like to vote in favor of having the ships follow the train model for being loaded. Not only does it take a large amount of time loading them but then to have to dart in all the time (I was trying to come every 4-6 hr) to move ships on & check on whether mine were stuck left me feeling absolutely frazzled. So to keep my calm my nerves, I shut my port permanently. The other issue is that it's crazy to have to click potentially 11 times for each ship. I have Lupus and I know many in here have some sort of arthritis issue with their hands--all this unnecessary clicking isn't good. I'm sure a reasonable accommodation can be found. Thanks for rethinking how the ships are handled & if you can't "reprogram" them. How about having planes that are handled a better way---like the trains. Y'all do a great job with the game and with listening - Thanks - Shirley Hancock.
Old Sep 17 2017, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Clover View Post
I'd like to vote in favor of having the ships follow the train model for being loaded. Not only does it take a large amount of time loading them but then to have to dart in all the time (I was trying to come every 4-6 hr) to move ships on & check on whether mine were stuck left me feeling absolutely frazzled. So to keep my calm my nerves, I shut my port permanently. The other issue is that it's crazy to have to click potentially 11 times for each ship. I have Lupus and I know many in here have some sort of arthritis issue with their hands--all this unnecessary clicking isn't good. I'm sure a reasonable accommodation can be found. Thanks for rethinking how the ships are handled & if you can't "reprogram" them. How about having planes that are handled a better way---like the trains. Y'all do a great job with the game and with listening - Thanks - Shirley Hancock.
Hi Shirley,
I moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the cargo ships as you are not asking a question or have a specific problem with the cargo ships. You post in the Suggestions section about this was deleted as replys or comments, for or against suggestions are not allowed in that section.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 18 2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Stone Face

I moved your post to General Feedback forum so you will all be free to post your thoughts about ships.
I personally think that tons of farm cash would be much better for the ships. You would see a lot more people working them, LOL. The problem I have with ships is the people you get to unload them. There are a lot who do not do ships and ignore it when you sit there for 24 hours. I wish there was a way to just get ACTIVE PLAYERS listed. I also believe some still do not know 'how to' process ships and I think it wouldn't hurt to announce how again. I am really getting frustrated with ships. Trains are so much easier.

ONE MORE THING. I think for new products we could really use grass paths and little bubbles to enclose something someone is thinking. At least personally, I could use them. Thanks!

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 18 2017 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Changed font size
Old Sep 18 2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
You delete neighbors who don't send ships on and leave them as friends. I have deleted many neighbors this way but of the 60 people doing ships there are only maybe around 10 people I know will send ships on [promptly. In the night when I get up to go to the toilet I always send ships on.
You are right about the number dong ships. I cannot change out anymore because they are all do not do's.
We end up doing a lot of deleting. I wonder if we can lose more than we spent?

Last edited by Joyinlife; Sep 18 2017 at 09:08 PM.