Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old May 31 2017, 03:54 PM

If I have ships dispatched before I leave on vacation, and have to disable ships due to vacation, will those ships still be going to other ports? Hope that makes sense. Thank you.

Happy Farming!!!
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...5028&farm_ix=0
Old May 31 2017, 04:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittysun View Post
If I have ships dispatched before I leave on vacation, and have to disable ships due to vacation, will those ships still be going to other ports? Hope that makes sense. Thank you.
Hi smittysun,
If you disable your port then your ships stop. "When the "Ships" feature is disabled your seaport will not receive any more ships from other players and other players will not be able to load your ships."
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 29 2017, 02:24 PM
Account Not Linked

It seems the cargo ships are defeating the purpose of a "social" game. It's really causing a lot of animosity, and I'm not an exception to that.

I have several people I have to replace, or skip, because my ships will sit there for a day or more. I did a little experiment and left *their* ships in my port instead of moving them on. I wanted to see how long they would sit there before they skipped me. Days. It appears these people are dispatching their ships, but not returning to the game again, or ignoring their ports. And yet I have to continually replace them when I dispatch my ships and I'm running out of reliable replacements.

I didn't "do" ships myself for a long time. Now, I'm running out of animal products, so thought I'd go ahead and give it a try. Took me a long time to realize the "take" for those is almost negligible, and when you have to skip five or more ports to bring the ship home, it's almost nothing. But I *do* get a *lot* of stuff I don't need.

Fortunately, I haven't received "hate mail" from people about working ships. I did get a message from a friend asking if I would move her's on, but I posted on my wall to please do that in case I forget to check into FT.

I hope the devs rethink the ship thing. It's great that it doesn't take so long to dispatch the ships now, but the reward isn't worth the hassle.
Old Jun 29 2017, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsinore View Post
It seems the cargo ships are defeating the purpose of a "social" game. It's really causing a lot of animosity, and I'm not an exception to that.

I have several people I have to replace, or skip, because my ships will sit there for a day or more. I did a little experiment and left *their* ships in my port instead of moving them on. I wanted to see how long they would sit there before they skipped me. Days. It appears these people are dispatching their ships, but not returning to the game again, or ignoring their ports. And yet I have to continually replace them when I dispatch my ships and I'm running out of reliable replacements.

I didn't "do" ships myself for a long time. Now, I'm running out of animal products, so thought I'd go ahead and give it a try. Took me a long time to realize the "take" for those is almost negligible, and when you have to skip five or more ports to bring the ship home, it's almost nothing. But I *do* get a *lot* of stuff I don't need.

Fortunately, I haven't received "hate mail" from people about working ships. I did get a message from a friend asking if I would move her's on, but I posted on my wall to please do that in case I forget to check into FT.

I hope the devs rethink the ship thing. It's great that it doesn't take so long to dispatch the ships now, but the reward isn't worth the hassle.
Hi Ellsinore,
I moved your post to the General Feedback discussion thread about cargo ships since you were not posting a question or a specific problem with your ships.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 29 2017, 02:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Ellsinore,
I moved your post to the General Feedback discussion thread about cargo ships since you were not posting a question or a specific problem with your ships.
Oh, thank you, Taz! I was not paying attention!
Old Jul 01 2017, 03:55 PM
Account Not Linked

I used to send gifts to everyone. I used to send trains to anyone. I used to work all facilities and service posted on the wall by anyone.

NOW with Ships, I only send to those I want on my ship.
Old Jul 04 2017, 09:24 PM

how do you hide your ports when on holiday
Old Jul 04 2017, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennytwoshoes View Post
how do you hide your ports when on holiday
Hi jennytwoshoes,
In your preferences at the bottom is a check box for "Enable ships." Uncheck the box and that will disable your port.
Old Jul 08 2017, 07:50 AM

I have a question for those of you who are doing the ships. How long do you consider a reasonable time for someone to load and move your ships along? I have never had a ship reach the 30th port, and I feel I am always skipping people. I know people have to sleep and they don't spend their entire waking day on FT, but I have to think if someone hasn't been here in over 24 hrs, I can skip the port. Sometimes, though, I think even 15 hours is too long. I don't really want to send messages to ask people to load my ships.
Old Jul 10 2017, 05:52 AM

I do not like the way they have ships set up. I switched to trains only.

What made me finally quit ships is the fact that I cannot skip the 30th person and that is usually is someone that will not do ships. So I wait and wait and wait. I think the entire system needs to be redone.