Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 20 2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon2011 View Post
I am guilty of not answering but it is never intentional. I usually say thank you when I get to a farm to work and then once I start working I sometimes forget to look at the chat box again until I'm done. I don't get bent out of shape if I don't get hired to do everything, though, and I think it's silly of people to think they should be hired to plow just because they harvested.
I imagine that if I see "thanks" right away I would understand that not answering isn't intentional.

At least something was said to be polite. I really don't mind quiet workers. It's just when they're not saying anything at all that I feel I don't have to say anything either.

And...why should workers not plow? It's cheaper, you're not robbed of any EXP, and you can go and do other things while they do that. I don't see why so many refuse to have people plow for them after harvesting.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Mar 20 2011, 05:59 PM
Account Not Linked

"I don't see why so many refuse to have people plow for them after harvesting."

I don't refuse exactly - and sometimes I ask a harvester to plow after if they are quick and neat - but sometimes I want to share the jobs around so I ask someone else to plow. Also, person B can start plowing while person A is still harvesting, so it's quicker. Nothing personal
Old Mar 20 2011, 09:16 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

To some its all about the money, not the XP. I dont know how many times ive sent plow offers to level 20s, 30s, and 40s, just to have them refused. Oh but theyre all more than happy to accept a harvest job.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 21 2011, 06:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Angry Hiring people is a waste of time

What driving me crazy is you at the market and you ask who wants to do flowers or trees etc. then you get flooded with people saying I will or me etc.
90% of the time they responding to others who asking who wants to plow or harvest...

DEV you must come up with a better way of hiring... I now starting to resort and doing my own farms. I love hiring but now to much time is being wasted finding THE RIGHT WORKERS for the RIGHT JOB.
Old Mar 22 2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath-H View Post
"I don't see why so many refuse to have people plow for them after harvesting."

I don't refuse exactly - and sometimes I ask a harvester to plow after if they are quick and neat - but sometimes I want to share the jobs around so I ask someone else to plow. Also, person B can start plowing while person A is still harvesting, so it's quicker. Nothing personal
If you want to share jobs and end up ticking people off in the process, what does that accomplish?

Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Mar 22 2011, 08:02 AM

Level:
XP:

i was raised to share. if that ticks you off then i hate that for you. Youre there to work for me and do what i tell you. if you dont like it you can leave. What it accomplishes is weeding out the people i dont want to employ. And I never hire people to plow while another is harvesting because it always kicks (and ticks) me off.

Of course, if you want a job done right, do it yourself.

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 22 2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i was raised to share. if that ticks you off then i hate that for you. Youre there to work for me and do what i tell you. if you dont like it you can leave. What it accomplishes is weeding out the people i dont want to employ. And I never hire people to plow while another is harvesting because it always kicks (and ticks) me off.

Of course, if you want a job done right, do it yourself.

"I was raised to share, and dangit, you'll do it MY WAY!!!" LOL

Why do some consider hiring separate people to plow/harvest as some sort of humanitarian act? Yes it's less time consuming. but if you're ticking people off because you're ignoring them when they're perfectly good to plow, that's a strange way of sharing.

So you have to same person harvest AND plow. So what?

I've hardly ever met people I "don't want to employ" and I hire from the Marketplace as often as i can.

Old Mar 22 2011, 08:26 AM

Level:
XP:

Sharing does not mean giving all jobs to one single person! Id have 12 people working my farms if I could but everyone keeps whining about wanting solo work so I just do all my farming myself. However when I do decide to hire others I spread the jobs out. i have 5 fields needing harvested and plowed? That means jobs for up to 20 people.

Yes, "My way or the highway"

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 22 2011, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
"I was raised to share, and dangit, you'll do it MY WAY!!!" LOL

Why do some consider hiring separate people to plow/harvest as some sort of humanitarian act? Yes it's less time consuming. but if you're ticking people off because you're ignoring them when they're perfectly good to plow, that's a strange way of sharing.

So you have to same person harvest AND plow. So what?

I've hardly ever met people I "don't want to employ" and I hire from the Marketplace as often as i can.
Why do people get mad when they do not get the plow job? What is there to get mad about? You where hired to do a job and you did it the farmer that hired you to harvest does not have to hire you to do another job even if you can see a job that needs to be done on the farm.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 22 2011, 12:36 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Why do people get mad when they do not get the plow job? What is there to get mad about? You where hired to do a job and you did it the farmer that hired you to harvest does not have to hire you to do another job even if you can see a job that needs to be done on the farm.
because people get mad when someone else might get to something before they do.

Visit 's Farm