Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 19 2018, 01:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Default How to change language?

I suspect the language has been changed causing this problem ... how to change the language back?
Old Jul 19 2018, 01:40 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeAllee View Post
I suspect the language has been changed causing this problem ... how to change the language back?
Hi ReneeAllee,

I replied to your last post telling you how to change it. Click the following link and it will take you to my reply >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=340
Old Aug 07 2018, 02:43 AM

Default Communication

Sometimes I cannot reply to FT messges, or type mssage on same farm with friend, neighbor, or whatever. How can I avoid this problem?
Old Aug 07 2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirl312 View Post
Sometimes I cannot reply to FT messges, or type mssage on same farm with friend, neighbor, or whatever. How can I avoid this problem?
Hi shirl312,

I have moved your post to the thread for your issue.

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload. Wait until your game has finished loading then try to reply to a message.

For the chat window, make sure you are clicking your mouse in the left side of the chat box where you type and make sure you are not trying to say the same thing over and over as it will not let you do that.
Old Aug 07 2018, 05:43 AM

Thank you, I forgot all about the memcache thingy
Old Aug 15 2018, 09:35 AM

Post Cannot type in farm town

For some reason I am no longer able to use the chat feature either in the marketplace or as a message. Have changed nothing - played the game for years, but in the last few months, cannot 'chat'. Not especially bothered but always like to leave a thank you message on completion of hired work and feel frustrated and almost rude and ungrateful that I no longer can. Using Chrome with settings enabled to dump cookies/cache etc on closing browser. Help please?
Old Aug 15 2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aes9471 View Post
For some reason I am no longer able to use the chat feature either in the marketplace or as a message. Have changed nothing - played the game for years, but in the last few months, cannot 'chat'. Not especially bothered but always like to leave a thank you message on completion of hired work and feel frustrated and almost rude and ungrateful that I no longer can. Using Chrome with settings enabled to dump cookies/cache etc on closing browser. Help please?
Hi aes9471,

Make sure you are not in full screen when trying to chat or send messages as that won't work. When it comes to the chat box at farm or in market, click in the left hand side of the box before you type and make sure you are not trying to say exactly the same thing over and over again.

If that doesn't help also try resetting your language. Switch between English UK and English US.

If you think you can not type because the cursor is missing in the chat/message windows please see the following post >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636338
Old Aug 15 2018, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the response - have tried all the above to no avail, will try to note chat servers etc, also will this effect actual messages when hired?
Old Aug 15 2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aes9471 View Post
Thanks for the response - have tried all the above to no avail, will try to note chat servers etc, also will this effect actual messages when hired?
Hi aes9471,

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Please also clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start.

See if that helps. If it does not try another browser and see if you get the same problem there.

No it will not prevent you receiving or sending hires.
Old Aug 19 2018, 01:21 PM

We really need an improvement for the PM system. I am referring to PM sent to my farm.

I get messages to come and help or other such things and have no idea how long they have been sitting in my message place. Can we please have our PMs dated so when I read them I know they were sent yesterday or 2 hours ago. This is extremely frustrating to get message and no idea how old they are.

Tags
can't hire from farm, can't see anyone on farm, change language, market place