Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 05 2012, 11:27 PM

while the quests aren't something i HAVE to do in order to progress in the game, i'd like them more (and probably do more of them) if i didn't have to spend farmcash to complete them... i've tried 3 thus far, and 2 of those have required farmcash facilities i'm not about to buy... spare me the argument about "people who buy (and use) farmcash are paying for those who don't", because i do spend farmcash -- but on things I want to spend it on...

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Mar 07 2012, 12:03 AM

I personally have decided not to pursue anymore quests. out of the 10 I've tried to do, only 3 was i able to complete. At the moment I have 4 open but can't finish because I don't have the needed facilities. I enjoy the concept but don't need the frustration.
Old Mar 07 2012, 10:51 AM

I agree with all of the comments about not having a certain facility to complete a quest. I have gotten 2 in a row.
Old Mar 07 2012, 01:49 PM

Default Helping to complete quests

I have all the factories and all the service facilities. I can help you finish your quests if you'd like to be friends. I've completed several and never had any problems.
Old Mar 07 2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
... and therein lies the beauty of the design of Farmtown quests. Nobody is forcing you to do or buy anything. You can completely ignore the quest button then you won't have to get miffed about them at all.

The developers aren't going to mind at all if you refuse to do them. They added them into the game for the interest of those who want to do them ... but you don't have to.
The quests may have been added into the game for interest, but because there is a chance for a farm cash reward they have become a competitive feature of the game, and an unfair one if the cash rewards are based on how efficiently players can complete their quests.

Thousands of us are getting quests we cannot complete unless we spend real money, which, frankly, defeats the purpose for those of us who are cash hungry.

So yes, we don't have to play. But we want to. We certainly are not being forced to spend money to complete them. But cash is cash, and for those of us at the maximum level, with no chance to earn cash between upgrades, a few extra cash for quests is desirable, especially when we are only earning a maximum of 25 cash with a levels upgrade.

As most of the cash facilities cost 30 cash or more, I would love to earn 5-7 cash doing quests so that I can buy a new facility when we get those upgrades. That would certainly keep me interested in the game.

I do not own all of the facilities or tools, I still seed with a 3x3!, but am at level 310 and have spent more than $200 on the game to date. I am more interested in a way to earn cash than to buy any more of it at this point.

When the devs start kicking in 1 or 2 farm cash as rewards, we will see how fair the quest 'feature' actually is. I worry that the devs are shooting themselves in the foot if they think they won't lose loyal players by only rewarding cash to the players who have spent the most money on this game, the ones who own the tools and facilities to complete the majority of their quests.

I am hoping the devs will be fair about it, and reward players by effort and not financial contribution.
Old Mar 07 2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosmiths View Post
The quests may have been added into the game for interest, but because there is a chance for a farm cash reward they have become a competitive feature of the game, and an unfair one if the cash rewards are based on how efficiently players can complete their quests.

Thousands of us are getting quests we cannot complete unless we spend real money, which, frankly, defeats the purpose for those of us who are cash hungry.

So yes, we don't have to play. But we want to. We certainly are not being forced to spend money to complete them. But cash is cash, and for those of us at the maximum level, with no chance to earn cash between upgrades, a few extra cash for quests is desirable, especially when we are only earning a maximum of 25 cash with a levels upgrade.

As most of the cash facilities cost 30 cash or more, I would love to earn 5-7 cash doing quests so that I can buy a new facility when we get those upgrades. That would certainly keep me interested in the game.

I do not own all of the facilities or tools, I still seed with a 3x3!, but am at level 310 and have spent more than $200 on the game to date. I am more interested in a way to earn cash than to buy any more of it at this point.

When the devs start kicking in 1 or 2 farm cash as rewards, we will see how fair the quest 'feature' actually is. I worry that the devs are shooting themselves in the foot if they think they won't lose loyal players by only rewarding cash to the players who have spent the most money on this game, the ones who own the tools and facilities to complete the majority of their quests.

I am hoping the devs will be fair about it, and reward players by effort and not financial contribution.

When quests were originally rolled out here is what Raul said about FarmCash:

Quote:
- In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests
Since he said one FC occasionally I am not counting on a high reward or being often rewarded with FC. There have been several quests I cannot complete and several that I can since I own a fair amount of FC facilities. I honestly don't care if I can complete them all and don't expect much in the way of FC. I just do the ones I can because it is a little more interesting than how I have been playing.
Old Mar 07 2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:

It's one thing to say that the 'devs must be fair', but at the same time you are saying that you refuse to spend any farm cash on quests, but you fully expect the devs to award you farm cash for completing a quest.

I wonder if the devs would think that was fair.

They did say 'MIGHT, OCCASIONALLY' reward with farm cash. I'm sure those farmers buying extra farm cash facilities in order to complete a quest are not hanging out to be rewarded with farm cash.

Old Mar 07 2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
It's one thing to say that the 'devs must be fair', but at the same time you are saying that you refuse to spend any farm cash on quests, but you fully expect the devs to award you farm cash for completing a quest.

I wonder if the devs would think that was fair.

They did say 'MIGHT, OCCASIONALLY' reward with farm cash. I'm sure those farmers buying extra farm cash facilities in order to complete a quest are not hanging out to be rewarded with farm cash.
I did not read his post that he was refusing to spend FC for facilities to complete the quests. He does not have the FC to purchase the facilities and does not want to spend any more of his real $$ to purchase the FC in order to purchase the facilities to complete the quests.

I agree with him. I have spent more than $400 real money buying FC in this game. I haven't minded but I don't know that I want to continue to spend that kind of money to play.

After all I only pay $39.99 per year to play ALL of the games Pogo offers and they will entertain me if I decided FarmTown is too expensive for me to play.
Old Mar 07 2012, 06:30 PM

Some games are more "static" and other games more "dynamic". FarmTown offers a lot of choices for no money, or a ton of choices for a little money. Rather than spend money going out to dinner, I've put that money into having fun on FarmTown. Not only have I lost weight, I really enjoy the quests! And, just as I don't keep a running total of what I've spent to eat out over the years, I'm not sure it's fair to the developers to look at what we've paid them in the past for the hours of fun we've had. Not to mention that they let a ton of players play for free. It costs money to have this game developed, on a server, maintained and supported. Thanks for a great game!
Old Mar 07 2012, 08:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:

2 places where you are mistaken
#1 This is not,nor will it ever be a competitive game.The inclusion of farmcash into the mix as a reward cannot be competitive unless certain guidelines across the board were brought into play.See #2 for more ..A competition implies you would have a opponent(s) striving for a certain goal in which 1 would win and the others would not.This game is setup to offer payers and free players to play in a myriad of ways ,to play slow,fast,produce,decorate,or any combination that make the game enjoyable for you.The quest are setup in the exact same manner.You can choose to do them as fast as possible,or not at all,or anything in between the 2 extremes.There is no trophy for being firstest with the mostest.
#2 The quest are RANDOM.I do not know why people cannot grasp this.The program inside the game that generates your quest for the day HAS NO IDEA if you spent $5 or $500.It also does not care.The quest you,or anyone else receives is pure dumb-luck.Your coin reward for completing a quest in of course determined by time,which is the only non-random factor.The chance of receiving farmcash is the same for everyone on every single quest.The possibility exist that a free player with no fc facilities can receive 10 quest in a row involving only coin purchased factories,and could receive 1 fc for each of them,while his neighbor who spent $900,has everything,completes 10 quest and gets 0 fc.
Now,with the fact that if you took an average of quest from a large enough sample,it may in fact be that those with more factories are gaining more fc than those without.However,it would be due to the fact that they are able to,on average,complete more quest.Just like buying lottery tickets,the more you buy,the more CHANCES you have to win...The odds however remain the same for each one.

This is the fairest way to do this.A completely random quest has a completely random chance of giving 1 fc.