Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Nov 21 2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, details coming in about an hour, please report any issues in this thread.

Thanks

--Raul
any idea when we are getting more levels pls
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood View Post
Interesting.. you say you are disabled.. so if you don't find the word handicapped offensive why didn't you say you were handicapped?

This is my last post on this matter because I am becoming increasingly cross at some people's attitude.

Yes I know golfers play to a handicap. but really there is no comparison.
firstly the golfers thing was to make people giggle and to show there are other meanings to the word

secondly, the facility is using the word disability not handicapped, to me they are the same thing. In this country you are on a disability pension AND you park in the handicapped space at the shopping centre. They are just words.

Everyone seems to be acting like they are being sworn at or called the devil FFS
Clear My Macromedia Files
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...840&farm_ix=17
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:38 PM

Looks like the developers are listening....the "Disability Shop" is now the "Personal Aid Shop" and the "Handicap Supplies Factory" is now the "Disability Supplies Factory".

Last edited by KojiOrphen; Nov 21 2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
m. I am just not getting the shower stall because i think i would get very cold waiting for the water to reach up and then waiting for the water to go down just sitting there since you cannot open the door while is full.. See I have done my research, if you want to get to old age you have to use all those tools...
Take it from me as I have one (walk in tub)...it does get kinda cold, but way safer and soaking is a delight - something showers don't provide for aching joints, bones and muscles - so maybe you should re consider. I just put a nice fluffy towel over me while I wait.
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:40 PM

Thanks for improvements on the regular quests - great to make it so we can tell if a quest will count or not. Thank you,
It is true that the world is becoming more sensitive to labels for the physically challenged among us. I bet there are a dozen ways to label the new facilities but you do only have so many spaces for the letters. Good luck with the name issue.
Love Farm Town play twice every day since April 2009. Thank you for working so hard to get give us the new releases.
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:41 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theperfectnina View Post
firstly the golfers thing was to make people giggle and to show there are other meanings to the word

secondly, the facility is using the word disability not handicapped, to me they are the same thing. In this country you are on a disability pension AND you park in the handicapped space at the shopping centre. They are just words.

Everyone seems to be acting like they are being sworn at or called the devil FFS
I was going to say the same thing.. you want to go now to the vehicle registration places and tell them to change the stickers you put on your window or your license plate to disable instead of handicapped, it means the same thing.. my daughter has MS and she is disabled and handicapped on a wheel chair all the time, you think I would be mad about the name but I find that is was a very nice thing that the developers are thinking of all kind of different people with different things.. get a life people its just a game and just a name, you don't agree with it, don't buy it..

Last edited by Texas Belle; Nov 21 2014 at 05:42 PM. Reason: change of words
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:45 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
Take it from me as I have one (walk in tub)...it does get kinda cold, but way safer and soaking is a delight - something showers don't provide for aching joints, bones and muscles - so maybe you should re consider. I just put a nice fluffy towel over me while I wait.
Thanks, its good to hear from somebody that has one, I think I might start looking real serious at one, and you are right nothing better than to be soaking in comfort.. thanks again.. got the towel now for the tub,
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:45 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood View Post
Well lucky you that you are not disabled otherwise you too would find the word handicapped offensive.. just because we are disabled does not mean we are handicapped! and if this offends anyone then please admin just delete my comments.
well I as a disabled person find the word "disabled" offense .. much prefer the word handicapped any day .....and have found employers are my apt to hire you where I am at if u put handicapped vs disabled on an application ...I just think all this fuss over a word is ridiculous anyhow ...
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:47 PM

Level:
XP:

8. Quest Chart Updates:
- There is a Show Quest button that shows recently completed quests and how long ago they were completed
- After a quest is redeemed you will see an animation on the chart counter and day where that quest was accounted for
- The Quest Chart information will only change when a quest is redeemed
- The Claim Farmcash button now shows how long until you qualify for the next collection

Very nice!!! Not quite detailed enough but a HUGE improvement! Thank you!!!

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 21 2014, 05:49 PM

Thanks for Raul listening and acting so quick on renaming the 2 facs involved... This farmer is now a happy one :-)
Closed Thread