Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 16 2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
This is a sea change for the factories, and its not a positive one. let me explain:

When the factories first started up, they encouraged you to grow crops which were not the most profitable for their maturity - i.e. blueberries, onions, tomatoes. This was an excellent future indicator as it provided choices and variety- an increased depth of gameplay.

With the additions to the juice factory, the ice cream factory and the pizza factory, the emphasis is back onto producing pineapples for all three plants to make the most money...and pineapples were already the most profitable crop before the factories existed.

The temporary diverse marketplace dynamic is coming to an end, soon all the maximized farms will be just pineapples cows and the occasional sugar rotation.

Slashkey- I would love to help you with this. I have a master's in economics of competitive simulations and I would enjoy helping out for just portfolio building. I can be contacted via PM's, and I'll send in resumee material within the week as well.
I have all the facilities and I can tell you without question that pineapples are nice but they are not the key to great profits from your facilites.

In fact, if I had to chose one crop from a pure profit prospective it would be grapes. I can grow several cycles of grapes (and I do) in the time it takes to harvest one cycle of pineapples. Four cycles of grapes (16 hours) is more profitable than one cycle of pineapples (60 hours) Processing time in the juice facility isn't relevant now because of neighbors ability to speed the processing time.

Pizza and ice cream both use pineapples, and very profitably, but you are limited by other ingrediants, milk and cheese among them. I can grow all the pineapples I want but it won't do me any good if I can't come up with the other things I need. Cheese is the toughest since it can't be gifted.

Actually, the opposite of what you are suggesting has been happening. Crops that have been ignored for months now are coming back in fashion. I've seen more grapes, wheat and tomatoes growing than I have since I first started playing the game.
Old Apr 16 2010, 01:22 PM

All I do is turn wheat into flour, and after some initial confusion on my part (and then with help from this forum,) I really like it. From a pure profit margin viewpoint, it's a good investment on $85 worth of wheat.
Old Apr 16 2010, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Gift Box full, but nothing in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Mew View Post
I don't know if this will help, but I've cleaned up your farm data.

For future reference, your farm ID is 1183414437 so you need to change your link.
Sorry about the typo in my farm ID. Thank you for correcting it, and cleaning up the data. Unfortunately, I re-cleared my cache, and my gift box still claims it is full... any other suggestions?

-kpoledra
Old Apr 16 2010, 07:49 PM

Regarding the facilities and posting help requests:

Will someone specify how/where to list who you want to see the request?

l already know how to do friend lists. What l need to know is at what point and where l will be able to customize the requests to one of the lists, that is, FT.
Old Apr 16 2010, 08:39 PM

are you going to make a chocolate factory and juice that we can buy with coins?
Old Apr 16 2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyMush View Post

l already know how to do friend lists. What l need to know is at what point and where l will be able to customize the requests to one of the lists, that is, FT.
When you are about to post you will see a little "lock" icon next to the publish button. click on that and then "customize" and "specific people" then enter the name of your list.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 16 2010, 09:41 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyMush View Post

When the wall post comes up for you to click on publish, there is a lock at the bottom. Click on that then click on customize, now in the top drop down box choose specific people. A box will come up for you to type in people's names, type the name of the list of friend you have made in. Now click on save (you may have to hit the tab key to be able to see save). Now click on publish and only the people on that list will see that wall post. This will have to be done every time you post for help, but you only need to post for one facility a day. One facility post gives them the right to work in all facilities on all farms.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 16 2010, 09:48 PM

Unhappy Mushrooms

Why have you taken mushrooms off the plants to grow and added them to gifts? I have neighbors but they are either inactive or lazy. This is most distressing that industrious farmers are penalized for their neighbors lack of interest in maintaining their farm! Grrrrrrr Please do something.
Old Apr 16 2010, 10:06 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Liquor gifts response

50 x Chocolate Liquor gifts???

A lot of us paid hard earned cash for that factory, and now you are handing them out free so we got shafted our money to have the privilege of having the chocolate?
I'd like a refund back on that Choclate Factory[/quote]

Oh Please you get more producing them than just 50. A lot of the buildings that are Farm Cash never did anything. They are making a good game for us and actually compared to other games they don't charge much. They have to have something to keep going and giving us new stuff.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 16 2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quanahjoan View Post
Why have you taken mushrooms off the plants to grow and added them to gifts? I have neighbors but they are either inactive or lazy. This is most distressing that industrious farmers are penalized for their neighbors lack of interest in maintaining their farm! Grrrrrrr Please do something.
Hi, you can still grow Mushrooms -
Closed Thread